[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how could his police uniform reassemble after he was shot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2
File: T1000_h1.jpg (46 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
T1000_h1.jpg
46 KB, 600x400
So how could his police uniform reassemble after he was shot?
It wasn't part of his futuristic equipment, just an ordinary uniform
>>
wut
>>
wrong
>>
>>63355369
>It wasn't part of his futuristic equipment
Yes it was, the uniform and everything else he's 'wearing' apart from that gun are just the surface of his skin
>>
>>63355424
What's wrong?
>>
>>63355369
>It wasn't part of his futuristic equipment

actually it was
>>
because T-1000 is symbolism for based Jim.
>>
OP must be blazed as fuck
>>
>>63355369
Wrong, it's part of his 'futuristic equipment'
the uniform wasn't stolen or taken from anyone it was cloned using his body therefore he can repair it anytime he gets shot.
>>
>>63355442
So he didn't take it from the officer he killed at the beginning?
He just transformed himself to look like it?
>>
>>63355490
Yes, exactly
>>
>>63355533
Ok, now I understand.
Also: Nice digits
>>
>>63355454
He didn't steal some cop's clothing. He just made the clothing.
>>
>>63355490

Yes. You never see him take it off the officer's body. Likely he used it to scan the look of the uniform then copied it.
>>
>>63355559

Now that your stupid question has been answered, what's say you set a new topic of discussion for this hot and happening thread OP
>>
>>63355490
>He just transformed himself to look like it?

yeah, this is most obvious when he takes over the helicopter. you can see him create the uniform, helmet and all
>>
So now that my comprehension problems are solved, this will be an Terminator appreciation thread.
What is your guys official ranking of the movies? And is Genisys worth a watch?
>>
>>63355680
2>1>>>>>>>>who cares what order 3 and 4 come in >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>genisys, avoid at all costs
>>
>>63355680
T1 and T2 are different so I can't say i like one more than the other
T1 = T2 > Genisys > Salvation >>>>>> T3
>>
>>63355786
>Salvation >>>>>> T3
WHAT ARE YOU
>>
>>63355763
What was the problem with genisys?
(Besides Emilia Clarke obviously)
>>
>>63355369
Chill out dickwad. Have a Pepsi!
>>
If you forget the that everything after T2 ever existed, how should a good third Terminator movie be like?
>>
>>63355867
Godawful casting (including elderly Arnold), insultingly terrible writing and the debasing of the legacy and canonicity of T1 and T2.
>>
3 hours of futuristic warfare with spooky synth music
>>
>>63355942
>set in 2029
>full on Future War story
>none of that Modern Warfare crap we got in Salvation
>ends with John sending Kyle back in time and the destruction of the TDE, closing the lope

really not that hard of a concept, yet someone has swung and missed three times in a row.
>>
>>63355979
Thanks, I will better spare myself from watching it then. I hoped that Arnie had some good moments in it.
Doing a litlle Arnie-Core marathon tonight and thought i could consider it.
Any recommendations on what arnie to watch? Already had T1, T2 and am currently watching Conan.
>>
>>63355942
It would be a SINGLE prequel film showing the last days of the future war where the resistance finally takes down Skynet in a final last ditch all or nothing battle. Movie ends with Kyle going back in time. That's it. Trilogy is complete.
>>
>>63356067
The problem isn't that they've swung and missed, it's that they've swung at franchise and hit every time but you want them to swing for closure, which means no more $$$
>>
>>63356465
You actually just described what the whole problem with the movie industry is
>>
>>63355490
He could assemble everything he touched (Arnold says so at some point; also remember the ending, whe begins to malfuntion and his feet transform into the floor grating and his hands take on the color of the rail he touches?)
So in killing the officer he got the necessary information to make the uniform appear on his body.
>>
>>63355867

Except for Arnold, every character in the movie failed to have presence. Kyle Reese was just a meathead, John Connor doesn't have charisma and Sarah just fails to appear threatening at all, they should have used Lena Heady to be honest she was a really good Sarah Connor in the TV Show. Over use of CGI when they could have just easily used practical effects, when they did use practical effects they were shit though.

It was just a cash in since they got Arnold and Emilia Clarke they could have her because of her fame and because they probably didn't need to pay her much. Get some generic australian actors to play the roles of Connor and Reese don't need to pay 'em much, add Matt Smith to draw in more of that Sci-Fi crowd. Hire some relatively unknown director and writers to make a serviceable story. Skimp on the CGI, and practical effects. Finally have James Cameron's seal of approval.

It's sad that's the fate of nostalgic movies from the 70-90s that is happening now. Trying to cash in on nostalgia to make money, and it works.
>>
>>63355369
Nanomachines
>>
>>63356123
Commando, Predator, Total Recall, Last Action Hero
>>
>>63356588
>hey should have used Lena Heady to be honest she was a really good Sarah Connor in the TV Show
Except for her terrible, terrible accent.
>>
>>63355867
Mushy movie
Mushy actress
>>
>>63355490
Why do you come here to ask about a movie you haven't even watched?
>>
>>63355680
I'm going to watch genesys just because I've already seen every terminator movie

2>1>3>4
>>
>>63356588
>Kyle Reese was just a meathead
this is the weirdest thing for me. Even Salvation Reese fits with the original
>>
>>63356656
>Commando
Actually never watched it, is it really as good as people make it out to be?
>Predator
Caught it on TV a few weeks ago, so not really into watching it again right now
>Total Recall
Same as Predator
>Last Action Hero
In fact my favourite Arnie movie besides Conan. I watch it quite regularly, so it doesn't really fit today.

Thanks for your opinions anon.
>>
>>63356743

It's a part of the problem the whole movie had. Too clean, the future scenes didn't have that grim post-apocalyptic vibe T1, and T2 had.

They all looked like they were fighting just fine, like they weren't even being hunted down to extinction you just didn't get that sense that humanity is dying and the people we saw look just fine. In the first Terminator, we see how hopeless most humans live. We see Reese as just another person trying to survive. The Reese in Genysis looks like he hits the gym for 3 hours every day, is clean cut and looks like he gets enough protein to feed a dozen people. It just doesn't fit with the character.

>>63356825

Kindergarten Cop, True Lies, Eraser, End of Days. Those are in my opinion really good for what they are.
>>
>>63355763
genisys was entertaining, if anything

Emilia Clarke a shit tho
>>
>>63355867
>>63355979
While the writing wasn't great, it wasn't exactly TERRIBLE either. At least they TRIED and tried pretty hard to write a story that made a bit of sense.
Actually, T3 was a lot lazier if you think of it. There's no actual reason for Skynet to exist in that movie (it was still more entertaining though since it was basically a parody of the first two movies).
In Genisys there's at least an explanation behind it. Of course in a way it also shits on everything that happened in T2. But the whole time travel business is so full of loopholes anyway that I found it quite refreshing that Genisys went to considerable lengths to explain stuff.
But there's a catch there of course: The movie had such an amount of expository dialogue that its pacing was completely ruined. And funnily they TRIED to make use of the narrative tricks employed in the first Terminator movie (whose perfect pacing is revered to this day); for example: Let the expository dialogue happen in scenes in which characters are in motion to convey a sense of urgency.
And yet it utterly failed.
I see two resons for that failure:
1. Lazy directing (the best moments were really those in which the director just aped Cameron's style)
2. Bad acting. Really... Jai Courtney... this guy SUCKS. Emilia Clarke sucks as well but it wasn't jsut her acting that was bad.
Which brings me to the one point that really really DID suck about the script:
Making Sarah Connor a bitchy child. Yeah, that was really the worst thing about the script. They just completely fucked up the character of Sarah Connor.

tl;dr: Writing wasn't that terrible except for making Sarah connor unlikeable. Movie was horribly paced though.
>>
so if the "clothes" are part of thr T-1000 why does he appear naked at the begining of the movie?
>>
>>63355763
nah,
1 > 2 > 3 (a good chuckle here and there) > 5 >>>>>>> 4 (that shit was just so fucking boring!)
>>
>>63357119
only biological matter, on the outside, can go through the time machine
>>
>>63356571

why didn't he just transform into arnold but with more muscles?
>>
>>63356656
This. Also True Lies.
>>
>>63356123
Red Heat and Twins
>>
>>63357220
What good would it have done him?
>>
>>63357200
the T-1000 doesn't have biological matter
>>
>>63357200
why don't the terminators wrap their futuristic guns in meat instead of just using shit 80s guns?
>>
>>63357239
You just want to summon the Jamie Lee Curtis pasta, don't you?
>>
Tell me guys, what makes Arnie movies so comfy?
>>
>>63355602
If the time machine only works with living tissue, how could Robert Patrick travel with it?
>>
>>63355369
Best question I ever read.
>>
>>63357338
Nope. True Lies is legitimately my favorite Arnold flick. Also one of my favorite of based Jim.
>>
>>63357438
Wasn't he made up of living liquid metal? He was a prototype so dangerous even Skynet was weary of using it from what everyone spouts off here.
>>
>>63357388
He's confident in everything he's in.
He doesn't really 'act', so much as just.. 'stand there and be himself' for better or worse.
He projects this aura of comfyness where you know everythings gonna be alright, and you're in for some good entertainment, even in his shittiest of movies.
>>
>>63357317
>giving humans a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
>>
>>63357388
I was gonna say the way he talks is a great part of it
>but i'm belgian
>his french dub has zero accent (well .. french)
>comfy Arnie still comfy

He just .. is.
>>
>>63357665
They gave them all the tech from the destroyed terminators
Didn't even bother to send others back to collect it up
>>
>>63357736
True, but they probably predicted that even if the terminator failed its components contributed to the development of AI and computers and not as a threat. If humans had the technology to cut through futurium alloy humanoids, fighting past the initial nukes would be more difficult.
>>
>>63357317
who knows

>>63357295
there ya go, huge plot hole in t2
>>
>>63357974
Technology is technology, you can make a lot from retrofitting something as advanced as Skynet tech, quite possibly something far more dangerous than something that amounts to a powerful cutting tool
>>
>>63357119
He needs to sample the clothing to copy it, hence he doesn't have it until he kills the cop.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.