[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this get shit on so much? Ep II was waaayyy worse. If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 300x450
Why does this get shit on so much? Ep II was waaayyy worse. If you took out Jar Jar and maybe made Anakin a little older, it would be at least on par with the OT
>>
>>63354943
I don't know either, it gave us NatNat as Padme.
My dick was very happy
>>
On par with the OT is stretching it, but it gets some points for having more imagination and memorable, stylistic images than the rest of the prequel trilogy. It's better than the mess that is Attack of the Clones and could have been a good movie with about five more revisions to the screenplay and someone other than George directing.
>>
>muh Jar Jar

He's SUPPOSED to be annoying and unlikeable, I don't understand why everyone uses him as the poster child for why the prequels are bad.
>>
>>63354943
The Tatooine segment is supposed to be a minor diversion from the main plot but takes up half the show's runtime. the fucking race alone takes up a good chunk of the movie(though i'm willing to let that slide since it was the only entertaining scene).
>>
>>63354943
Jar Jar was alright. I remember watching it and enjoying him. Even today i still enjoy the skits that were written in.
>>
>>63355234
>He's SUPPOSED to be annoying and unlikeable

So the film equivalent of noise rock?
>>
Ep II isn't worse, in fact it's better. The battles actually had SOME weight, as opposed to none. And when Obi Wan goes off on his own it's quite watchable. Anything with Padme and Anakin is absolutely awful though, I'll give you that.

The last 45 minutes of the movie is a great thrill ride.

TPM bounced between a movie with literal fart humor, to a super srs political drama written by a 13 year old.
>>
>>63354943
This is unironically my favourite movie of the series. It feels the most like a star wars film. I also like ESB, especially jabbas palace. I'm not a pleb, though.
>>
>>63355430
this
the pacing is completely off which makes the idea of rewatching it a chore, unlike the OT which I revisit every few years
>>
>>63355528

No, the film equivalent of any annoying/unlikeable character
>>
Because people expected Phantom to be good but after it sucked nobody expected anything good anymore
>>
>>63355234
>it's supposed to be shit!
>>
>>63354943
stop dragging jar jar through the mud!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEZ2uRdWycY
>>
>>63354943
Contrary to popular belief, young Anakin and Jar Jar are not the main reasons why it sucked. There's a thing called the Plinkett review which you should watch to find out why.
Couple that with pre-release hype, no wonder people were disappointed with it, even if Attack of the Clones is worse at least people knew what was to be expected there.
>>
File: Episode_1_man.png (1 MB, 1657x698) Image search: [Google]
Episode_1_man.png
1 MB, 1657x698
This cannot be forgiven
>>
tell me about the blockade of the trade route
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 800x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 800x1056
It is the first trilogy, and it's made for five year olds, so the pacing varies somewhat.

The real problem is how disjointed and badly edited they are.

http://youtu.be/-2BNdF_NCVQ
>>
TPM is the only prequel movie I can tolerate, really.

AotC is terrible and RotS seems like a boiling over of crap that's built up over the prequels.
>>
The Phantom Menace is honestly one of the most dull "action-adventure" movies I've ever seen. The whole thing is so lifeless and joyless, so much that they had to add a stupid comedy relief character to artificially add "life" to the movie.

Attack of the Clones is definitely worse but TPM is painfully mediocre if you ask me. And sometimes that's worse than an outright bad movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 250x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 250x307
https://youtu.be/piVrmB8uLrA
>>
I watched this movie last night since my friend and I are watching them all before the new one. If you were to rework JarJar and the rest of the Gungans, develop the relationship between Gin and Obi-Wan (who was only in the movie for about 10 minutes it seemed like), and have a better actor for Anakin it would be a somewhat solid movie.
>>
Jar Jar, kid Anakin and too many boring locations kill it for me. At least Attack of the Clones had better Obi Wan (and his subplot which was the best part of the movie) and Christopher Lee.
>>
>>63355854
Are you this dumb on purpose?
>>
>>63356292

But Jar Jar is
>>
File: DAYUUM-1.png (75 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
DAYUUM-1.png
75 KB, 215x234
>>63357735
>>
>>63355234
>He's SUPPOSED to be annoying and unlikeable
I'm gonna shit in your face and tell you it's supposed to be disgusting
>>
>>63355600
>Ep II isn't worse, in fact it's better.

No it wasn't.
>>
>>63354943
I disagree, the movie is badly structured which is a more deep-seated problem than Jar Jar being annoying.

The main story is apparently the invasion, but once the Jedi get the queen there's a 30 minute detour on a desert backwater where the focus is on a race which is only there to look cool because it's totally unimportant. Then Qui Gon separates Anakin from his mom(what a dick) they fly to Coruscant for politics which is pointless because they all fly back to save Naboo anyway (including the little kid, why did they take him?).

I think the invasion plot is actually fine as a self-contained story for a fun sci-fi movie, but Anakin had to be put in somehow because it's Star Wars.

Of course there's Palpatine's manipulation but in the entire movie he just gets elected chancellor and you see him being manipulative in the other movies anyway.
>>
>>63354943
>taking out the key to all of it
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.