[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best movie of the decade so far. Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 71uKIe1RokL._SL1500_.jpg (179 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71uKIe1RokL._SL1500_.jpg
179 KB, 1500x1500
This is the best movie of the decade so far.

Thoughts?
>>
Nah it ain't
>>
File: 2436243514325.jpg (123 KB, 849x1179) Image search: [Google]
2436243514325.jpg
123 KB, 849x1179
>>63346447
It's close
>>
>>63346447
No.

I've never noticed a movie age so fast. I saw it about a year ago and it was great, but by march this year it already felt completely dated and aged. It's not very good for rewatches, and is not very deep either.

I liked it a lot when I first saw it but in retrospect it's just alright; it has some good parts but it lacks a lot of things.

Also Miles Teller is fucking insufferable (which kind of works for this character but it's still miles fucking teller).
>>
>autist really likes drumming
>so autistic nothing else really matters
>muh jazz my artistic inspirations
>meme jazz teacher
nah, it's pretty bad
>>
Even if that were true you shouldn't be watching "movies" at all past the age of 20 if you actually have an interest in cinema.
>>
>>63346519
You wanna know why your life will always be shit?

Because you haven't found that one thing that you're really talented at, to which you can dedicate yourself completely.

You'll always be an average joe. And I don't even give a fuck about music.
>>
>>63346447
Literally just another cliche sport movie.
>>
>>63346546
cool
why are you even here?
i don't think people with a real passion have time to shitpost on 4chan, a shithole where passion comes to die
>>
>>63346573
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>63346573
>i don't think people with a real passion have time to shitpost on 4chan,
It depends where your passion lies. What else would I do on a Saturday evening?

You said yourself he's an autist.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 700x714
>>63346519
>All these buzzwords
/tv/ is gonna turn into reddit if it doesn't get rid of its own shit it says. Fuck off.
>>
>>63346634
/tv/ is already reddit.
>>
One of my favorite films already. 10/10 ending
>>
was revenge jk-simmons prime goal at the end?
or was it the biggest "push him to the limit plan" ever concived
>>
>>63346447
It sucks ass.
>>
File: jksimmmons.png (825 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jksimmmons.png
825 KB, 1366x768
I just didn't understand how beating two sticks really fast turns you into the coming of age drummer of the decade or whatever he wanted to accomplish. The teaching methods are unrealistic and probably not appropriate to what he wanted to become, which makes this whole aspect of movie quite difficult to swallow, but, in the end, it all comes down to "face all your challenges" and how deeply you are willing to sacrifice yourself for your dreams, so it's an incredibly exciting ride all the same.

That said, it doesn't really feel that special after some time and even gets a little tiresome. The Hunt pops in my head as a better movie.
>>
>This is the best movie of the decade so far.
Impossible, it was out the same decade as TDKR.
It's not even the best movie of its year since Interstellar is.
>>
>>63347636
The Hunt and Whiplash both spring to mind as two of the most reddit films of the decade so far.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 239x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 239x160
>>63346447
I wasn't a fan
>>
Was it his tempo?
>>
>>63347709
not quite
>>
>>63347699
why
>>
File: ray.liotta.goodfellas.laughing.jpg (196 KB, 1600x1150) Image search: [Google]
ray.liotta.goodfellas.laughing.jpg
196 KB, 1600x1150
>>63346544
>wants us to believe he has a genuine interest in cinema
>browses /tv/
>>
>>63347073
Revenge.
>>
>>63347937
>Posts Goodfellas
Look, it's another enemy of art posting on /tv/.
>>
>>63346500
I love Miles Teller.
>>
>>63347893
Both films that appear to be masterpiece level to third year "film buffs" who frequent communities such as r/movies and IMDB, yet both very ordinary to anybody versed in cinema.
>>
>>63346500
>wow watching something more than once just isnt the same as the first time you watch something
>this must be because of time
retard
>>
>>63347636
whiplash is a completely predictable, almost boring script elevated by decent performances and hyper editing especially in the climax. I give it like a 7.5/10 but it's nowhere near the masterpiece people keep claiming it is.
>>
>>63348008
The Hunt was good, not going to let someone calling it reddit change my mind on that.
>>
>>63347993
said no one ever
>>
>>63346447
Best Spider-Man movie of all time.
>>
>>63346487
fuck off faggot
>>
>>63348091
Do whatever you want. Just know that comprehending the film in this way is indicative of an embedded reddit sensibility. If you can deal with the fact you are reddit then all the power to you.

I on the otherhand could never live with myself for promoting media that enables film casuals. If you can appreciate it without years of training then it has an artistic ceiling so low it's under the fucking ground.
>>
>>63346447
It's good, maybe even good enough to earn a film of the decade label by a cinematically ingenuous anon, but for people who actually watch films beyond mainstrean sensibilities this is far from a truthful statement.
>>
>>63348237
I wont change my mind for liking a film because someone on /tv/ called it reddit.
>Mate your reddit and so is that film.
4/10 you made me reply
>>
loved it,i mean somewhat predictable plot, but that doesn't matter, that is not always what makes a film resonate, it's the details, the memories are in the most complex to mundane details, what things unique, the last act alone is worth watching again
>>
Whiplash was the weakest best picture nominee of this years academy awards, and the fact that this was nominated while Gone Girl was not is ridiculous.
>>
>>63348514
Nah The Theory of Everything was objectively the weakest. Imitation Game and American Sniper were pretty lame as well.
>>
>>63348420
If the film is able to be enjoyed by redditors then it is objectively reddit sensibility.

If you are able to enjoy something that can also be enjoyed by redditors then you are objectively wired with the reddit sensibility at least in part also.

I'm not telling you to change your mind. Just study more cinema and eventually you'll grow beyond films like the hunt and then your filmic education can really begin.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.