[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jessica Jones Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: JJ02c.jpg (144 KB, 863x1031) Image search: [Google]
JJ02c.jpg
144 KB, 863x1031
Why couldn't they find anyone British to play his parents?
>>
>>63344045

My dad studied in England and came back with a british accent which he has kept for over 50 years.

Teaboo barely scratches the surface
>>
This show tries way too hard to be edgy. Im enjoying it so far but some scenes that are meant to be serious come off pretty laughable. Daredevil did a much better job with its tone and mixing light hard moments with darker ones
>>
>>63346258
Light hearted typo
>>
>>63346258
>Marvelbabby can't handle anything that isn't quippy memecity

Color my surprised.
>>
>>63346258
>This show tries way too hard to be edgy.
Not edgy enough really, compared to the comic.
In true American tv fashion, they ramp up the violence to ridiculous levels, but chicken out of showing how icky Killgrave can be when it comes to the actual rape stuff.
>>
>>63347324
That's true. But its edgy in a bad way in a way that's very noticeable and showy about it and decreases the shows quality. But David Tennant is fantastic and kilgrave is a great character but ya they tone it down obviously. The comic is better and the actress they got doesn't seem like the character at all. She's fits what they going for perfectly but she's not Jessica Jones
>>
>>63347324
go back to watching SVU if you think rape is edgier than having a man hack your dad into pieces while he's still alive and shove the limbs down the garbage disposal
>>
>>63347559
To be fair, I think the show starts of much better than it becomes in the third act, where things just seem drawn out and like the writers don't really know where to go with all this.

>>63347595
I'm saying that you tard. American tv and movie values are still so 19th century puritan, they could show a woman cut her throat with broken glass or see a man dispose of body parts in a garbage disposal and things like that on the modern equivalent of prime time tv, but they couldn't follow the less violent comic trough by showing the skin and mind games required because that would have been considered too "edgy" and "controversial" for the average audience.
>>
>>63347324
Sex wise it was worst. He full on raped every woman he came across compared to just making Jessica watch and want it. They also kept the fact he knocked up chicks without regard.

Heard but not seen isn't always a bad thing.
>>
>>63347324
What are you talking about. He rapes Hope and Jessica. Are you upset they didn't show him angrily thrusting or something?

It wouldn't have even been like that, he convinces them that they like it at the time. It just would have been vanilla british sex.
>>
NOW JESSICA
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.