[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ash vs Evil Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: ash-vs-evil-dead-03.jpg (317 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
ash-vs-evil-dead-03.jpg
317 KB, 800x1000
ATTENTION STARZ PR SHILLS THAT ARE PAYING ATTENTION

This show is shit without Sam Raimi, but it had potential. The pilot was spooky, had great music, followed a coherent narrative following Ash having adventures, and had some fun action. But every episode since the pilot has been dull, poor music, no scares, focuses on a bunch of boring nobody characters, and have been all around disappointments. So here's a list of changes for the second season to make this a fucking great Evil Dead series

1. Make Sam Raimi the fucking show runner. He knows the series and the style. Every episode lacks the flair of the movies besides the pilot. Raimi knows the Ash character and how to create a balance of awesome action, comedy and scares. Hes fucking necessary. It's clear that without Raimi the show is fucking doomed

2. Cut all 50 sidekicks. Nobody cares about the 2 sidekicks or the black cop. They kickass and survive when they shouldn't. Evil Dead is a series of Ash stumbling upon situations and exacerbating them. Having side plots with uninteresting nobodys only hurts the show. They slowdown the action and story and nobody cares about them.

3. The fucking story and pacing. Evil Dead needs to be Ash stumbling upon people's stories. He should be walking into situations ala Xena or Hercules and either helping or hurting every week. But the stories and characters should be contained to those stories.

4. Makes the episodes 60 minutes. 30 minute stories aren't long enough to build a premise, arc, and satisfying concl;usion and the series is suffering for it.

5. Get some cool ass kicking music. The soundtrack is dull, and bland music during action scenes is harming the effect. We see ash get his ass kicked for 5 minutes and then suddenly turn it around and win. But the direction and music don't build anything up. The action is always over before you know what's happening. Take a page from the pilot and start blasting Deep Purple when Ash brings out the chainsaw
>>
I'm drunk so that's a short list. Feel free to give suggestions on how to fix this show. Because currently Ash vs Evil Dead is like a bad relationship: it has potential and can be fixed, but it's fucking awful as it is.
>>
>>63340395
>1. Make Sam Raimi the fucking show runner. He knows the series and the style.
I'm sure he's presiding over the production even if Raimi isn't in the director's seat most of the time.

>2. Cut all 50 sidekicks. Nobody cares about the 2 sidekicks or the black cop. They kickass and survive when they shouldn't. Evil Dead is a series of Ash stumbling upon situations and exacerbating them. Having side plots with uninteresting nobodys only hurts the show. They slowdown the action and story and nobody cares about them.
So what it Ash supposed to just walk around and talk to himself most of the series?

>3. The fucking story and pacing. Evil Dead needs to be Ash stumbling upon people's stories. He should be walking into situations ala Xena or Hercules and either helping or hurting every week. But the stories and characters should be contained to those stories.
Army of Darkness is the only ED installment where he just wandered into other people's stories.

I agree with you that the show isn't perfect but with these adjustments it sounds like a super long show with nobody but Ash and the occasional one-off character/story that's contained to one small chapter. But even these contained characters are effectively useless because this is Evil Dead after all and only Ash is capable of doing anything productive or advancing the plot in any way, right? So either way you're going to get side characters that you also won't care about. Oh and every deadite action sequence is kicked off with a heavy riff from the same band.

To me this sounds like it would get old much faster.
>>
>>63340718
>So what it Ash supposed to just walk around and talk to himself most of the series?
yes. maybe laughing at some lamp or deerhead would be nice.
I just hope he'll have a nice, warm reunion with his hand
>>
>>63340794
>yes. maybe laughing at some lamp or deerhead would be nice.
For 60 minutes an episode, most episodes, for the whole series? Yeah this still sounds much worse.
>>
File: dur.jpg (61 KB, 767x480) Image search: [Google]
dur.jpg
61 KB, 767x480
>he thinks 4chan is relevant enough to shill on
>>
>>63340718

>So what it Ash supposed to just walk around and talk to himself most of the series?

Yes, just like evil dead and army of darkness

>Army of Darkness is the only ED installment where he just wandered into other people's stories.

And evil dead 2 was just ash sitting in a cabin. Obsiously the series is drawing more upon the style of AoD where Ash stumbles into adventures every week. Except every adventure includes two shitty sidekicks

> But even these contained characters are effectively useless because this is Evil Dead after all and only Ash is capable of doing anything productive or advancing the plot in any way, right?

Yes, Ash should be the one advancing the plot, but every week would allow for new and interesting one off characters likening Xena or hercules, without 2 uninteresting sidekicks who hog character development and spotlight time every single week
>>
>>63340718
>every deadite action sequence is kicked off with a heavy riff from the same band.
>get old faster

I don't think OP meant that they should literally blast the same song over and over again. Maybe just something to set the mood, because besides the pilot and tonight's episode, thematic music has been lacking.
>>
>>63340813

>implying evil dead 2: the series would be bad

Sidekicks hurt the story, Ash should be bonding with new characters every week, and then being forced to fucking kill them
>>
I've only watched the pilot so far, but it's pretty meh itself tbhwyf.
>>
>>63340822
>Yes, just like evil dead and army of darkness
>And evil dead 2 was just ash sitting in a cabin.
Yeah you know that worked great for a couple of 1 and 1/2 hour movies, but we're talking about running an entire television series with potentially multiple seasons with no end in sight like this.

>Yes, Ash should be the one advancing the plot, but every week would allow for new and interesting one off characters likening Xena or hercules, without 2 uninteresting sidekicks who hog character development and spotlight time every single week
So we should throw away the side characters because they aren't interesting, then bring in new side characters, have him build relationships with them, which would mean we would have to find them interesting enough to care about these relationships for an episode, then he kills them every week? Are you basically saying you do want useless side characters around so long as they only stick around for very short periods of time? That formula would get old fast too.

>>63340858
>Sidekicks hurt the story, Ash should be bonding with new characters every week, and then being forced to fucking kill them
It's funny you mention that because Ash did have a sidekick in ED2. And in ED1 Scott did every last bit of the dirty work until Ash was the only one left. Also, Ash already has met new characters and was forced to kill them.

>>63340839
>I don't think OP meant that they should literally blast the same song over and over again. Maybe just something to set the mood, because besides the pilot and tonight's episode, thematic music has been lacking.
Fine, but that's still pretty much the same formula for pretty much every action sequence.
>>
so how was ep 6?
>>
>>63341146
Black chick joined the team
>>
>>63340395
You're so mad my screen turned red for a second
>>
>>63341146
Pretty gud I liked 8/10 needed more ash less shitkicks though
>>
>>63340822
Both Xena and Hercules had sidekicks
>>
>>63341332

They didn't hog the spotlight though. And it was only 1. This show is now up to 3 scene stealing side kicks now. Ash honestly had about 10 minutes of screen time last/this episode
>>
So did they really kill off Xena this episode or is she coming back from hell or wherever?
>>
>>63341509
Of course they didn't just kill her. Show's not THAT bad
>>
>>63340395
>>63340395

Holy shit this fucking series makes me happy to be alive.

All the shit games and shit movies this year were complete letdowns.

Then Ash comes back.

>That camera work
>That over the top action
>That slick sarcastic Ash voice
>Those lines
>That Gore
>>
>>63340395
The dialogue for the show is so good.
Second best dialogue on television right now after Fargo
>>
I've enjoyed the show up to now. New characters aren't annoying. Ash is Ash. Latin-American sidekick is chill and pretty cool. Jew girl is ok. Lucy Lawless is a goddess. Black female cop is retarded but whatever. Humor is good. Gore is great.

What's the problem again?
>>
>make an Evil Dead show featuring our beloved Ash and some new side characters
"These side characters suck because they're uninteresting and boring!"

>give them scenes here and there to try to develop them in some way
"Stop taking away so much screen time from Ash!"
>>
>>63341681
The only problem is some people feel the need to bitch no matter what even though their supposed solutions are about a hundred times worse.
>>
>>63341643

Have you seen any episode after the pilot?
>>
>>63341643
Man I fucking love it. That scene in the second episode where evil dead 2 gets projected on those cardboard boxes I creamed my pants
>>
>>63341681

>what's the problem

No scares. Boring stories. Not enough Ash. Deadites domt psyxhologically torment people. Simply not enough like the movies honestly. Lacks what made the series good.

Needs 1 good episode of a deadite locked away fucking with the cast for half an hour being creepy as shit
>>
>b-but sidekicks
You can't have a show with one character, autist.
>>
>>63341643
>Holy shit this fucking series makes me happy to be alive.
same. it the only currently airing show I look forward to
>>
>>63341866
Dude, just fuck you. This about as good as anything you could hope for and you're still bitching. Be happy you got anything at all. Bruce isn't 20 anymore and honestly it's a small wonder this happened at all.
>>
>>63340395
I watched the first episode and thought it was shit.
That wasn't the pilot you're referring to, right?
Does it get better later on in the series?
I still can't believe how boring this shit was..
>>
>>63341866
>No scares.
Let's be fair here, what, aside from potentially ED1, has ever been scary about the ED series? The original is the only one that's even horror.

>Not enough Ash.
This essentially means there is occasionally a 60 second scene where Ash isn't on frame.

>Deadites domt psyxhologically torment people.
Except they do.

>Simply not enough like the movies honestly. Lacks what made the series good.
>Needs 1 good episode of a deadite locked away fucking with the cast for half an hour being creepy as shit
So basically literally repeating something they did in ED1.

Some of you just want the series to be so derivative of the movies that you might as well just watch the fucking movies again.
>>
>>63342134

Dude Ash is in less than half the runtime in some episodes. And I don't want it to be derivative, but the pilot showed how the show could have the same vibe as the movies without repeating things. The show for the most part is just a boring trudge of nothing happening and shitty characters. I'd take derivative over shit any day of the goddamn week
>>
>>63341993
ignore the young lads. Ash Vs Evil Dead is the greatest thing in a long time. It's super campy and funny as heck, and i like it that way.

Maybe it was because I was a kid back in the 80's or whatever but as is, Ash Vs Dead can't possibly be much better than it is. I mean it can but then it'd probably get glib real fast.
>>
>>63340395
>He should be walking into situations ala Xena or Hercules and either helping or hurting every week.

That sounds shit t-b-h
>>
>>63342294
In which episodes does Ash have less than half the screen time? He's in most of pretty much every episode and always winds up getting the shit done. Besides, whenever he's not onscreen they use that time to try to develop characters that the whiners have been saying aren't interesting enough.

>I'd take derivative over shit any day of the goddamn week
All your other criticisms don't hold up, though. It's ok if you don't like something and you don't know why.
>>
>>63341866
>No scares.
Eligos is p. good

>Boring stories.

I like the story. It's compact and the pacing is fine.

>Not enough Ash
It's literally not been about Ash for half of one episode.

>Deadites domt psyxhologically torment people.
That's not true at all.

>
Needs 1 good episode of a deadite locked away fucking with the cast for half an hour being creepy as shit

Just fucking watch Evil Dead on a loop you whiny loser
>>
>>63342523

>In which episodes does Ash have less than half the screen time?

Literally the last two episodes.
>>
>any potential discussion is derailed by absolute shills and shitposters

Of course
>>
>>63342644

You mean the episode that was all about Ash being inside Ash's mind, and the episode that was about Ash trying and succeeding in getting a demon out of his friend and then fighting that demon?
>>
>>63342682

How would you like the discussion to go? Just everyone agrees with you and that's the end of it, would that be all right? Tell us your opinion, so that we can all just say the same thing over and over for another 260 posts.
>>
>>63342644
>Literally the last two episodes.
....were literally about Ash, like every fucking episode is.
>>
>>63342689

Nobody has explained how the episodes after the pilot were better than the pilot, which contained everything I listed. Just people mimicking

>DURR just watch the movies again if you want evil dead
And
>the sidekicks aren't bad!

But the pilot is better for all the reasons I listed, and the thread is just retards gobbling up anything that had bruce campbell and ignoring all the terrible flaws. Why don't you go watch my name is bruce on repeat if you just want terrible shit dialogue and characters starring bruce campbell?
>>
I came in incredibly skeptical of this series. Mostly because rehashes of classics are usually pretty meh. I was pleasantly surprised with the first episode. I thought it was in the same spirit as the movies without copying from them. However, the rest of the series has been slightly bland in comparison to the first episode. Things are kinda picking up, so hopefully more episodes will be similar to the first. We'll see though. Overall, I'd say watch it if you're a fan of the movies.
>>
>>63342689

No I meant the episode where bruce is gagged and the focus is on the shit kicks for half the episode, and the new episode where 2/3s of the episode is the bumbling retards and black cop doing jack shit while ash sits at a diner booth also doing jack shit for the majority of the episode
>>
>>63342689

>You mean the episode that was all about Ash being inside Ash's mind

Which 1/4 of that was spent on Kelly being possessed, the other 1/4 spent on Pablo and his uncle, which by the way I'm glad he's dead. I don't know if it was intentional, but every time he spoke Spanish it was the most generic cringe dialogue.

>the episode that was about Ash trying and succeeding in getting a demon out of his friend and then fighting that demon?

You mean the episode which spent almost 5 to 10 minutes on possessed Kelly trying to seduce/kill Pablo, Ash being chained to a post for half the episode gagged. Then it takes Pablo to take the demon out when we wasted more than 10 minutes on possessed Kelly banging her head on the post, then his uncle dies just because. Oh and Ash kills the demon in the last 5 minutes.

Seriously, these 30 minute episode. The 5th one was 26 minutes for fucks sake, they are really hurting the show.
>>
>>63342987

The biggest problem with this show, after the bland direction, is probably the run time. There's just not enough time to build up the story enough to create a satisfying ending
>>
>>63342869
You're the one who's complaining that the show sucks and every point you listed has been proven wrong with examples within the episodes.

The only thing you have is that the two sidekicks suck, and you have yet to explain why they suck all the while criticizing us for not going deep into why we like/don't have a problem with them.

Episode 1 was no fucking different except it ironically had the longest amount of screen time without Ash, and it's the only episode you complainers swear by even though it's the chief offender of one of your biggest gripes.

>Why don't you go watch my name is bruce on repeat if you just want terrible shit dialogue and characters starring bruce campbell?
Why don't you watch the movie trilogy instead of the show if you hate it so much? You want it to be so damn derivative anyway. At least I enjoy what I'm watching.
>>
>>63342987
>Ash has half the screen time in both of those episode!
>acknowledges that he shared at least half the screen time in episode 4

>Ash being chained to a post for half the episode gagged
counts as screen time

>Then it takes Pablo to take the demon out when we wasted more than 10 minutes on possessed Kelly banging her head on the post, then his uncle dies just because. Oh and Ash kills the demon in the last 5 minutes.
Ash shared the screen in almost all of that and winds up getting the dirty work done, just like the fans wanted.

>then his uncle dies just because
I thought you people wanted the side characters gone. Now you complain when they die too?

Can you make up your fucking minds?
>>
Is Black Cop both the worst written and performed character in any TV show of 2015?

It's fucking mind-bogglingly bad. At least Ash's bro and his pseudo-gf are getting more into it.
>>
>>63342987
>we wasted more than 10 minutes on possessed Kelly banging her head on the post
All while psychologically fucking with the protagonists, which you just complained there wasn't enough of.

What about the scene where the demon is trying to make Pablo think Kelly wants his dick so he'll suck a shotgun barrel? That sounds very much like something an ED1 deadite would have done.
>>
>>63343217

>everyone who critisizes the show is the same person
>>
>>63343236

Yeah but she's got that heavy top shelf

I'm so conflicted
>>
>>63340395
>shills
Fuck off, /v/edditor. Ash vs. Evil Dead is fucking great.
>>
>>63343279

I'm not the one who posted that, but while I do want more Deadites fucking with people, the actress who plats kelly is horrible and I cringe every time she is on screen. Same for pablo. Seriously, they fucking suck.
>>
>>63343304
Well please forgive me for thinking that because it's hard to tell when just about everyone's gripes with this show are the same stupid things.
>>
>>63343217

I'm not the same guy you were arguing with earlier about screentimes. To be fair, I count screentime as the character actually doing something. Standing around in the background while other characters are doing stuff for me it counts as them might as well not doing anything.

About his uncle, my complain about him dying is that he didn't have to die, Pablo had sufficient motivation with him seeing that he had to help Ash. The only reason he died was because Ruby and the cop were going to be there, and I guess they didn't want to deal with that so it fit perfectly that he would die so he wouldn't be there when they got there. It just seem to convenient in my opinion.

>>63343279

Again, I'm not the OP. For me in particular it just comes off as me expecting something from the show and not getting it. That's totally on me though, not blaming the show for that. But the direction they're going with the show, plus the pacing and the running time is just making it hard to watch. It feels like Ash and Pals, not Ash Vs. Evil Dead. Most of the time the only thing Ash does is kill something, and while that is somewhat enjoyable I just wish we had more time to explore Ash as a character and not just some acid trip we got instead.
>>
>>63341681
This. The only major problem with the show is the black cop.
>>
I end up just skipping any of the filler scenes with the mexican sidekick. He should have been killed off early and had the girl take over, she's at least somewhat bearable. The 2 episodes at his uncles farm were complete and utter trash.
>>
>>63343370

If multiple people are complaning about the same thing, isn't there a chance it's a credible complaint? Or is everyone who disagrees with you just griping about nonsense until it's something you agree with? You sound like an asshole
>>
>>63343425

So you watch about 8 minutes of each episode? Why even bother
>>
>>63343374
>About his uncle, my complain about him dying is that he didn't have to die, Pablo had sufficient motivation with him seeing that he had to help Ash. The only reason he died was because Ruby and the cop were going to be there, and I guess they didn't want to deal with that so it fit perfectly that he would die so he wouldn't be there when they got there. It just seem to convenient in my opinion.
I figured they killed him because that demon was around for too many episodes without having killed a single person yet. For as whiny some people are about this show, I guarantee that if that didn't happen the same people would just go "wow that demon was around for three episodes, didn't kill a single person, and wasted my time completely." I guarantee it.

>Again, I'm not the OP. For me in particular it just comes off as me expecting something from the show and not getting it. That's totally on me though, not blaming the show for that. But the direction they're going with the show, plus the pacing and the running time is just making it hard to watch. It feels like Ash and Pals, not Ash Vs. Evil Dead. Most of the time the only thing Ash does is kill something, and while that is somewhat enjoyable I just wish we had more time to explore Ash as a character and not just some acid trip we got instead.
While I agree with pretty much none of this, finally I'm reading a differing opinion that's actually thought out and makes sense.
>>
>>63343464
>If multiple people are complaning about the same thing, isn't there a chance it's a credible complaint?
Of course there is, but when not even a single one of them can explain with any detail why these things are bad, there's also a significant chance that these complaints are mainly bullshit.

>Or is everyone who disagrees with you just griping about nonsense until it's something you agree with? You sound like an asshole
And here you are calling me names when I've never insulted you or anyone here. Nice one.
>>
>>63343575

The demon kills someone in the first episode he's in. Why are you defending a series you haven't even watched?
>>
>>63341795

ALL OF EM

and I'm grinning like an idiot everytime I watch it.

Fanboy goggles are on, anon. They are on and they are staying tight.
>>
>>63343681

I had my fan boy goggles on for the first two episodes. But the dip in quality is so extreme after the pilot that I'm more upset and let down every week than excited. Bruce Campbell is so fucking good but literally EVERYTHING else about the show post pilot is fucking terrible
>>
someone post the "this is reddit, this is memes, writhing on the floor in pain" copypasta
>>
>>63343647
If you're talking about the librarian guy, alright fine. Since he did get up possessed at the end I didn't really count that but that's a fair point.
>>
Damn. 4chan person doesn't like it. Guess I have to hate it too now.
>>
>>63341146
The episode is like 2/3 Black lady cop and Pablo/Kelly drama. When it finally fucking shifts to Ash in the final third, it's great. I thought from the first two episodes that this show would be devoid of bullshit drama, filler, and pointless subplots, but sadly that's wrong. Everything with Ash is still GOAT though.
>>
>>63343324
Tits win me over.
>>
File: 1436985105340.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1436985105340.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>63343333
Quads of truth.
>>
>>63340821
>he thinks 4chan is relevant enough to shill on

4Chan is literally the soul of internet m8
>>
>>63343236
I think the problem is the script, not the actress's performance. I can't figure out if we're supposed to hate her or not.
>>
>>63344827
I didn't mind it before but now that blackcop is going with them all the sidekicks need to die in a fire. 30 minute episodes don't leave enough ash time for me to tolerate their bullshit.
>>
Just watched the newest episode and it's good. Namely the second half of it when the whole actions starts.

Wiki says it was directed by Michael Hurst, no previous episode was filmed by him but from the looks of it he knows how to handle action sequences very well. Everyone got a piece of action in this.

I just expected the gorilla chef with a meatcleaver to take his ass off the hotstove to show some demon action also.
>>
>>63343236
I want jewgirl to show me some tittays.
>>
>>63340821
>seriously why would anyone shill on /tv/, what are you, some kind of schizophrenic?
>>
>>63340395
>a third of the pilot episode focused on the cop who's by far the worst character in the show
>no complaints
>every following episode has spent a little time with Pablo and Jew girl, both of them are infinitely better than the cop
>autists bitch and moan
>>
The only problem I have with the show is that the episodes are WAY too short. Otherwise, I'm truly loving it.
>>
>>63345409
Yep. Mentioned it earlier in the thread too.
>>
>>63343063
>bland direction
What? The direction is some of the most creative I've ever seen in a television show.
>>
>>63345409
>>a third of the pilot episode focused on the cop who's by far the worst character in the show
>>no complaints

Because they were in the spooky house with great directing and action.
>>
I miss the Sam Raimi vertigo.
>>
Anyone else watched the newest episode?
>>
>>63343063
Raimi's direction in the pilot was flawless. The direction in the other episodes has been more conventional than Raimi's direction but it isn't bland.
>>
>>63346013
yes
http://putlocker.is/watch-ash-vs-evil-dead-tvshow-season-1-online-free-putlocker.html
>>
>>63346013
Yes, it's some good shit.
>>
>>63346064
>>63346033
I felt the non-action scenes were too drawn out. Now the action itself is superbly executed. the kid getting hanged up was really gruesome but really unexpected
>>
>STOP RIGHT THERE WOOD
>>
>>63345694
Exactly. You can't tell me that the eternally spinning flashlight wasn't geniusly done. Plus the deadites doing spooky deadite things.
>>
>>63345694
>>63346729
So you're fine with as much ladycop as they feel like putting in an episode as long as Sam Raimi directs it?
>>
>>63347034
Assuming it's done as well as the scene inside that house, I don't mind her being in there. Don't twist my words though. I still prefer the scenes with Ash, but since the side characters aren't going anywhere they might as well be in well directed scenes.
>>
>>63347508
I'm not twisting shit, I'm just asking a question.
>>
they physically needed a side story of the cop and lucy because a shooting schedule with bruce in every scene is unsustainable
>>
File: 1438378804715.jpg (102 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1438378804715.jpg
102 KB, 604x453
>>63340821
people do actually get paid to shill on /v/. They also have to shill on other sites too, but there are actual shills on 4chan. An ex shill posted proof on a /v/ thread a few weeks ago and I wish i could find the photo he posted but I can't.
>>
>>63340395
>1. Make Sam Raimi the fucking show runner.
His 1st episode was great, but had repeated things he already did in the movies. Latter episodes with different directors waren't worse, but even better. (dat 3d demon)
>
>2. Cut all 50 sidekicks. ...They slowdown the action and story and nobody cares about them.
Well now a days its a must, this diversity. They all pretty useful also.
>
>3. The fucking story and pacing. Evil Dead needs to be Ash stumbling upon people's stories. He should be walking into situations ala Xena or Hercules and either helping or hurting every week. But the stories and characters should be contained to those stories.
>
Nooo... that time is over. One episode , one story? Hell no. Thats boring shit as fuck. It's better this way, stories building up for a greater story.

>4. Makes the episodes 60 minutes. 30 minute stories aren't long enough to build a premise, arc, and satisfying concl;usion and the series is suffering for it.
Again, that old, boring structure? It's perfect this way. No fillers, not a single boring minutes.

>5. Get some cool ass kicking music. The soundtrack is dull, and bland music during action scenes is harming the effect.
They all ARE cool ass kicking musics, are you deaf?

You gave too much effort to write this lot of bs, if this was just a bait. If it'sd not, your just dumb.
>>
File: raimis and lucy.jpg (56 KB, 640x466) Image search: [Google]
raimis and lucy.jpg
56 KB, 640x466
>sam raimi needs to direct more tv episodes
he has directed 2 episodes or rake and 1 episode of ash, he isn't a tv director because he takes too long for a tv schedule

bruce said sam would have to be fired from his own company if he took as long as he wanted setting up shots
>>
>>63347534
Right, but your question implies that we want a show about black cop, and that's simply not the case. We just stated that we didn't mind her in the first scene she was in because it was a well written and directed scene. Sorry if my reply came off as a little standoffish.
>>
>>63347680
>but your question implies that we want a show about black cop
It really didn't though. I was asking if it made a difference when Raimi was in the director's chair, because ladycop is the most hated, complained about character in the series by anyone who's ever watched it.

>Sorry if my reply came off as a little standoffish.
It was just a misunderstanding. No harm no foul.
>>
>>63347788
I think she could've been a passable side character with Raimi in the chair, but she is a mediocre actress and no amount of writing and directing will make her great. Just good enough that I wouldn't have any issues.
>>
>>63340395
this is autism I can't get on board with. Literally every suggestion except for making episodes longer is shit.
>>
>>63347654

Theres one thing /tv/ can agree on, and that's that episodes feel too cluttered and underdeveloped in only 30 minutes. Your opinion is shit
>>
>>63341993
not that guy but fuck u idiot lol. with barely any effort the show could have easily been better in a number of ways. I bet you like the star wars prequels and blues brothers 2000 just cuz "it's such a small wonder this even happened bla bla bla"
>>
>>63349212
I disagree.
>>
>>63343077
way to add nothing and still be wrong gj boy
>>
Lucy Lawless does things to my dick no older woman has done.
>>
File: 1441307334189.png (202 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1441307334189.png
202 KB, 480x480
>>63345116
eh, more like the disease infected anus
>>
>>63344827
This. First 15 minutes are a meh, by the time everything goes to shit it gets great.

Also, they really need to make this 45 minutes. Xena fucking disappears into a fire and Black Cop barely even flinch, shit she joins the guy she was hunting from the past episodes instantly Even tho I think she's playing the long game with Ash.

But still, really like the development of the sidekicks really growing into deadite killers, well, at least Kelly, her kill was fucking fantastic, Pablo is still the useless cheerleader.
>>
Evil Dead is a shit series/world/lore/etc.

This is the worst thing Bruce has ever did.
>>
>race mixing the show
>>
>>63350518
Why do you think they call him Ash?
>>
>>63345116
>people really believes in that
>>
>>63350518
I would desu senpai
>>
>>63341866
>he thought evil dead was meant to be scary
Its a comedy through and through same as the movies. Sure maybe the original was supposed to be a horror film , but that's probably the funniest one unintentionally. Ed2 and aod are straight comedies with some horror themes... just like the show? Shocking
>>
>>63342914
>shit kicks
I can see yourself grinning to yourself as you typed that
>>
Anyone notice that the skeleton in the beginning on 6th moved like it was animated in stop motion? I'm sure he was CGI but the phsyical rawness of it is peculiar.
>>
The CGI sucks.
That's it.
Ash vs. Evil Dead is an otherwise perfect show.
Fisher gets a lot better in Episode 6.
>>
>>63350265
Confirmed pleb/troll
>>
>this scene

CG blood aside, pretty gutsy
>>
>>
>>63340395
Hey asshole,

Fuck you.

Sincerely,
STARZ
>>
>wtf is this show
>Is it worth watching
>>
>>63353197
Sequel to Army of Darkness, third movie in Evil Dead series; the show itself is an action comedy with light horror elements about a book that summons demons that possess people and the main character from the movies killing them

Show is good and I'd recommend it, but you're better off watching Evil Dead, then Evil Dead 2, and then Army of Darkness before watching the show. And then if you're into it, watch the Evil Dead remake/reboot movie from 2013 at your leisure
>>
>>63352991
That stop motion was fucking awesome
>>
>>63350518
We're all red on the inside, anon.
>>
>>
>>63340395
>The soundtrack is dull, and bland music during action scenes is harming the effect
You're an idiot and you don't know shit.
>>
>>63340395
The show is great. The tone is a natural progression from Army of Darkess. Everything just works, the dialogue, the acting, the stop motion effects, etc. The only problem I have with it is the terrible CGI but even then I can let it pass because it fits in with the inherent goofiness of the show.

If you're truly a fan of Evil Dead then you should be relishing this series. How long have we actually waited for a continuation of Ash's storyline? It's not the direct follow-up to Army of Darkness I hoped it was going to be but I'm just thankful we got anything at all.
>>
>>63353620
no u
>>
>>63353068

I like Pablo more every episode, I dunno why people dislike him. Probably because he gets friend-zoned multiple times and it reminds people on /tv/ about their own lives. He's a total bro tho, and is actually useful.
>>
>>63353816

This. It's a natural Army of Darkness successor, in fact you could end AoD age Ash 20 years and this could still be the same movie.
>>
>>63354097
He built the new hand, that makes him a-ok in my book.
>>
>>63354097
The churro scene is goat
>that's not a dig at you Pablo, they're just a delicious treat
>um OK but you know I'm not Mexican right?
>that's the spirit
>>
>>63354097

He seemed really out of place at first. I mentioned in one of the early threads that he seemed to be straight out of a Jared Hess movie. Now that he's manning up, he's a lot more interesting.
>>
>>63354097
Fucking this and
>>63354621
this too
>>
>>63354097
He's the only good sidekick in the show
>>
do i need to watch the films before watching this show?
>>
>>63355403

Not really (in fact ep 1 offers a quick recap), but you should. They're bretty gud.
>>
>>63355403
Yeah, they will help to understand and appreciate the good points about the tv series more.
>>
>>63345116
Some might say that we are the 'front page of the internet'.
>>
>>63355403
You don't have to do anything, but if you watch the trilogy first you will appreciate the series and get why we love it so much more.
>>
>>63355689
>>63355517
>>63355491
grabbing the films now thanks senpai
>>
>>63351876

It was fucking cheap awful cg what are you talking about?
>>
why are showrunners obsessed with piss at the moment? first fargo, then fargo again, now this...
>>
>>63356097

have you been living under a rock?
>>
>>63356257
the way he slightly twitches
>>
>>63356097
I'm sure you'll love them, man. I would give a lot to be able to see the Evil Dead trilogy for the first time all over again.
>>
I hope michael j basset is gone forever, the episodes he directed were the worst, he should just give up.
>>
File: 1391095689173.jpg (87 KB, 291x522) Image search: [Google]
1391095689173.jpg
87 KB, 291x522
>>63357767

>I hope michael j basset is gone forever, the episodes he directed were the worst

Are you fucking kidding episodes 2 and 3 were way better than the first episode and exempting 6 are the strongest so far
>>
>>63358134
ep3 not so much.
>>
This is how ridiculous Bruce Campbell is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhYTrn08pEg

He Fucking thought this would be funny.
>>
>>63352991
What you think kids are going to get tossed into ceiling fans after people see that?
>>
>>63358259

The new demon, the Necronomicon backstory, the banter with Pablo, yeah episode is a strong as fuck episode and better than 1.
>>
>>63340395
dunno, i find it barely above average but not shit
just mediocre

the tone and pacing is all over the place and the side characters are boring as fuck
>>
How did this Fucking show even make it on T.V.!?
>>
>>63340395
>4. Makes the episodes 60 minutes. 30 minute stories aren't long enough to build a premise, arc, and satisfying conclusion and the series is suffering for it.

Agree with this
I never watched a live action show that would be 30 min and be good
saw some animation titles that did it right, but mostly by splitting exposition and plot into multiple episodes, something i never saw a tv show do

Every time i start on one of those 20-30 minute shows i drop them few eps in, they are universally badly paced and produced
Making shorts isnt easy, making a whole season of them of a consistent quality is impossible
>>
>>63358894
why don't you tell me what you think a good tv show is?
>>
>>63359067
Jeopardy and family feud
>>
File: 3363108_orig.jpg (22 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
3363108_orig.jpg
22 KB, 550x300
>"WELCOME TO MY FAN CLUB"
Was that the most badass thing ever said by a Deadite or what?
>>
>>63347676
I still dont see the problem i think he needs to direct fuck getting cheapass lazy tv directors to shit on his vision
>>
File: iolau.jpg (37 KB, 495x531) Image search: [Google]
iolau.jpg
37 KB, 495x531
>>63359917
This guy directed this week and next week's episodes.

I think he's a man who understands Raimi's sense of vision pretty well.
>>
>>63359964
Urgh i hope by season 2 they have the kinks worked out
>>
File: the-evil-dead_poster.jpg (23 KB, 284x425) Image search: [Google]
the-evil-dead_poster.jpg
23 KB, 284x425
>>63356097
I gotta be the one to say that you might not like Evil Dead 1. I'm not overly fond of it.

All arguments about canon and continuity aside, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness and Ash vs. Evil Dead have much more in common with each other in *tone* than they do with the first movie or The Evil Dead (20whatever) with Jane Levy.

That's not a recommendation that you skip Evil Dead 1 but if it made you kind of uncomfortable or disgusted, the second one is much funnier and more playful in spite of having an even higher body count - and it's that feeling of levity that continues for the rest of the Bruce Campbell branch of the franchise.
>>
this show would have benefited greatly from longer episodes
>>
>>63352991
neat!
>>
>>63352991
>>63353562
"Minor characters get instagibbed the second they come near a Deadite but important characters just get smacked around" has been a hallmark of every installment of Evil Dead huh?
>>
>>63340395

stream

bretty good dot com

bretty good dot com
>>
>>63360341
its a hallmark of every show ever
>>
>>63358496

Nah it's just that when I saw the kid I was like "whelp he's gonna take him hostage."

NOPE. Fucking deadite does what they do best.
>>
>>63360101
That and the lackluster CGI it some times has are my only complements of this show.
>>
>>63340395
1. Bruce knows the character, not Raimi.
2.Remove all but Ash from the show - gotcha
3.What fucking adaption of what fucking movie do you think youre watching anon???
4.Agree
5.Meh.
>>
File: smug.jpg (12 KB, 335x223) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
12 KB, 335x223
>>63360436
>complements
>>
>>63350518
>implying you wouldn't racemix with the jewish chick
>>
i agree with OP there needs to be more Deep Purple type stuff whenever shit goes down. Black Sabbath would fit well
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 640x320
>>63340395
If you don't like Ash vs Evil Dead, the Evil Dead series, and Bruce Campbell, then you're a fucking pleb with garbage taste. Simple as that.
>>
>If people hadn't been told that Sam Raimi was only on for the first episode, nobody would have really known the difference
>>
So I was ok with all the shitskin co-stars
But now dyed blond hair white woman with a nigger husband?
the fuck is this?
>>
File: wayne-brady-nipple-twist.gif (4 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
wayne-brady-nipple-twist.gif
4 MB, 300x225
>>63354097
Pablo's going to be the jefe and Ash will die.
>>
>>63345116
>>63349654
look at the internet we have to day

4chan was a mistake
>>
>>63361463
It's like people don't realize what executive producers and creative consultants are fucking for. Double-dip retards.
>>
>>63355403
I didn't watch Evil Dead 1 and the remake, are they any good?
>>
File: 1447540538914.jpg (18 KB, 323x377) Image search: [Google]
1447540538914.jpg
18 KB, 323x377
>>63361614
>>
was an ok episode
Not sure why they feel the need to push race mixing so much tho
>>
>>63361811
>>
>>
>>63361860
They could have picked literally anyone for the womans husband
He does nothing, says nothing
But they had to pick a black man
>>
>>63362002
no one cares pol
>>
>>63362023
your a cu ck
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 795x1192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 795x1192
>>63362023
>>
>>63362002
>>63362078
>>63362174
>getting butthurt over big dick blacky
>calling everyone else a kekel
You dorks are hilarious
>>
>>63362211
>being a c u c k
>and proud of it
kill self, thanks
>>
Are all the songs they use public domain?

If not, why didn't they use the money to buy a decent CGI team?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 549x653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 549x653
>>63362211
>>
>>63362248
>using memewords and being proud of it
I'll meet you when you get to hell, tbqh family
>>
It's a 5, completely average.

I hoped for at least a 7.

I give everything the benefit of the doubt, and it took me a while to accept it, but this show is completely forgettable at this point. Should have just been left alone, which I guess many of us expected.

The humor is shit tier, but that's what happens when it's wrapped around the normalfag event that is comicon.
>>
>>63362289
It's not a meme, it's a description
The maker of the show conciously chose to cast a negro there
>>
>>63362331
Oh well golly gee that's just awful, tell me more about that.
>>
My only complaint about the show is that Ted Raimi hasn't made a cameo yet. And I think the show is well paced for 30 minutes. I think 60 minutes would have been too long, maybe 45 minutes would have been better. But I'm just happy that we got this show at all.

And just because Sam Raimi isn't directing doesn't mean this isn't HIS show. He obviously has control over the whole thing. And Bruce Campbell said that the only way they're going to know which director is going to be suitable for the show is to give them a shot. Season 1 is gonna be rocky. But season 2 is gonna be solid because then they'll know fits.

And I don't mind the sidekicks. It gives Ash people to crack jokes to.
>>
File: Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
perfection.
>>
Think a lot of fans of Evil Dead have waited so long for this they're not going to be able to admit it's not very good for a long while to come.
>>
>>63362478
I think a lot of people saying these things like what you are saying are people who never like the series to begin with.
>>
>>63361569
>Pablo has to become the jefe, enter hell itself, and bring ash and chick back
>>
Episodes are too short to offer any real build up or character moments without it getting in the way of the action and that Ash is a pathetic old Johnny Bravo thing is really getting tiresome, but otherwise I'm enjoying it immensely.
>>
Is lucy dead?
>>
>>63362478
but it is good though. i mean really good.
>>
>>63362524
exactly. a bunch of blow off try hards complaining about something that has nothing to do with them. they should shut the hell up and give it five months until game of thrones comes back or whatever it is they get off on.
>>
>>63362591
>>63362524
Without going back or quoting the newest episode, name one memorable quote from the series, something even close to "I'll swallow your soul".

There isn't one.

Nor a memorable moment that isn't simply trying to recreate what's been done and not push ahead into new territory with the same vibes.

Also hilarious samefag defending a mediocre show.

>>63362591
>>63362631
>>
>>63362478
What if I just like it, man? It's fun.
>>
>>63362587
She clearly got teleported somewhere, her and the skeleton hit the fire and then disappeared instantly

>>63362370
They flat out admitted that Ted Raimi wasn't available on-set to have a role in the first season and he regrets that more than anybody. Bruce said "We're going to make him play 7 different roles in every episode of Season 2"

It's a shame, I feel it in the series we've seen:

>book expert guy
>Pablo's brujah uncle
>dickhead store manager

Any (and all) of those could have been played by Raimi.
>>
>>63362661
>criticizes the show for not trying to base its appeal on one-liners and/or not having as many memorable ones as ED2 and Aod
>criticizes the show trying to be too much like ED2 and Aod
>>
>>63362927
Yeah, just what I thought.

I'm sorry it's not good, I wanted it to be good too, but I'm not going to be delusional, nor am I going to come here and circle jerk about it when it's kind of lame.

I hate to ruin it for others if they like it by forcing them to realize the truth though, so I guess I won't bring up actual criticisms in the future since you can't handle it.

Also just remaking the same shit, like the Doll scene compared to AoD mini-Ash scene, isn't good.

One liners are what built AoD and ED2.
>>
>>63362661
>the old I name something, and you tell me I'm wrong trick

and for the record, do you really think the lines you're thinking of from the original films were instantly as iconic and memorable as you think they are now. You know goddamn well it took quite some time for those lines to achieve their current status. This show is still fresh.

But one scene that sticks out of my mind as memorable and probably will be the best remembered scene from this series is the churro scene.
>“That’s not racist, Pablo, that’s just a great dessert”
>>
>>63362986
>I hate to ruin it for others
No you don't. If you hated to "ruin it" for other people, you wouldn't be talking about it in the first place.
>>
>>63363067
>don't disagree with me, I like it because I like it I don't need reasons okay

This isn't a safespace hugbox, people are allowed to have differing opinions on whether or not a show's shit.

I love how you stupid fucks think that just because I dislike it means I either;

Was never a fan and I'm trying to be a dick for no reason

or

I wanted to hate it from the get go so I do

Get over it, show's shit, like it for no reason if you want
>>
How about I like it because Bruce Campbell is has the appeal factor? He's charismatic, and I'd bottom for him.
>>
>>63363125
Guess you should watch Brisco County Jr., another shit show he did that people defend because they like him.
>>
File: two weiners.gif (128 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
two weiners.gif
128 KB, 473x235
>>63363123
Can do, friendo.

Cheers.
>>
>>63340718
It worked for EVII didn't it?
>>
>>63362986
>Yeah, just what I thought.
What's what you thought? Your two criticisms directly contradict each other.

Whenever you want to get off your high horse and enjoy things with us we'll be here.
>>
>>63363123
>This isn't a safespace hugbox, people are allowed to have differing opinions on whether or not a show's shit.
I never said other people couldn't have their own opinions. You must be confusing me with someone else. The problem with you is you're acting like an arrogant ass about it, pretending that your opinion is fact then trying to shove it down everybody else's throats. Now, I'm sorry everybody else has acted like a jerk to you, but that doesn't have jack shit to do with me. Just because other people are acting children doesn't mean you have to act like a child yourself.
>>
>>63363339
Welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay
>>
>>63363311
They actually don't at all.

Series built upon one liners, using one liners, memorably = good

Series reusing scenes from past entries in "new way" = bad and dull
>>
>>63363181
No, because there were a handful of other characters in ED2. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63347676
this thread needs more lucy
>>
>>63362375
>dat shitty action music though
Did they run out of money for licenced stuff or something?
>>
>>63363432
They do, but that's beside the point. Your parameters are too vague to conclude otherwise.

>Series built upon one liners, using one liners, memorably = good
So do something pretty much exactly the way 2 and Darkness did.

>Series reusing scenes from past entries in "new way" = bad and dull
Maybe you could give me an example? Because this still sounds like a criticism of it being too derivative of the source material.

I just want to understand exactly what you want out of this series.
>>
>>63363432
>Series reusing scenes from past entries in "new way"
Evil Dead II reuses scenes from its past entry.

>Series built upon one liners, using one liners, memorably = good
They didn't know those lines would become one liners. Besides, the one liners AREN'T what made the Evil Dead series great. They were just a bonus.
>>
>>63362986
the series is great. if you don't like you can go watch american horror or whatever it's called.
>>
>>63363818
>Besides, the one liners AREN'T what made the Evil Dead series great. They were just a bonus.
Thank you, who started this shit anyway? Since when is "This is my boomstick" what made the whole trilogy worth loving, and why did that idea stick? The original had zero one-liners and it's still my favorite of the trilogy.
>>
>>63363704
they used 3 licensed songs in this episode retard
>>
>Complaining about the music

It's literally the same composer from the movies. Not as good as the movies but not bad. I've heard cues from the films and the heroic music when Ash kills the chatterer demon is good.
>>
The Jacksonville joke was really really really funny.
>>
Lucy Lawless is Ash's sister, right?
>>
>>63364840
i wish you were my sister
>>
>>63362587
Probably dragged back to hell.
She's probably someone who died on Ash's account and made a deal with a demon or a dark wizard or something to get the Necronomicon for them in exchange for getting her revenge.
>>
>>63364840
>Lucy Lawless is Ash's sister, right?
No, she's Annie Knowby sister, who is the daughter of Professor Knowby.
>>
>>63359964
Looks like he directed a good chunk of Spartacus episodes, as well as some for Hercules/Xena as well.
>>
Did they stop doing the "inside the world of..." bits at the end, or am I downloading the wrong rips?
>>
>>63365103
there are two different style of rips going around. One is the webrips, which has what you're talking about. The other are hdtv rips, which are recorded off the starz channel
>>
Why is black cop so obsessed with arresting ash even tho she's seen all this crazy demon shit going down.

Especially when she's already witness's them "defeating" one already.
>>
>>63365785
>black cop so obsessed with arresting ash even tho she's seen all this crazy demon shit going down.
because she thinks he's purposely causing all this, plus a lot of people think her murder of her partner and the woman there were unjustified.
>>
lame bullshit for people with no taste.
>>
File: x_and_g_mq_2007.jpg (66 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
x_and_g_mq_2007.jpg
66 KB, 1024x820
>>63363675
>>
File: Ash.gif (962 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
Ash.gif
962 KB, 500x271
>they're going back to the cabin
>mfw Ash has to fight Henrietta again
>>
File: xena.webm (3 MB, 1136x864) Image search: [Google]
xena.webm
3 MB, 1136x864
>>63363675
>>
Nigga who would even shill here, there is like 5 people and they're only here to shitpost about Star Wars.
Shiiiieeeet.
>>
File: EvilDeadII02288.png (106 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
EvilDeadII02288.png
106 KB, 250x315
>>63364840

she's this chick's sister

she thinks ash killed her family
>>
File: classyasfuck.png (16 KB, 589x375) Image search: [Google]
classyasfuck.png
16 KB, 589x375
>>63366945
>mfw he has to fight all his friends that died at the cabin
>>
>>63358558

I just honestly don't understand how anybody can think plant of the episodes live up to the pilot. The music is weaker, the sidekicks and black cop are more prevalent, the storys are boring, theres no creepiness factor, the action isn't as good, and the evil dead style is just completely absence
>>
File: xena-02.jpg (136 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
xena-02.jpg
136 KB, 800x1202
>>63363675
>>
>>63363170

This desu senpai. Campbell os great, but ash vs evil dead is a mediocre show aside from the amazing pilot. Honestly the pilot felt like evil dead 4, everything after feels more like my name is bruce
>>
>>63360558

Aside from the mediocre punk song in the last ep most of the music sounds like bland public domain shit besides the pilot
>>
>>63361061

I like bruce campbell, all 3 evil deads, and the pilot of Ash vs evil dead. The rest of the show is mediocre imo. It's a shame because bruce kills it in the show but he cant fix a train wreck just with his charm, but damn he comes close. I think a lot of the shitty writing could be negated by simply taking focus away from the sidekick trio
>>
>>63367454
they literally need other characters in a tv show. If he was in every scene or he'd be shooting 10+ hours a day for weeks straight. it would be hard on anyone, let alone a guy his age.

Movies have a lot more downtime to set up shots
>>
>>63367454
I don't understand how people can see this as a train wreck. The Strain is what a train wreck looks like.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.