[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what did you guy think of the preacher trailer from AMC h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: preacher.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
preacher.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
so what did you guy think of the preacher trailer from AMC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgI2sRzr8I
>>
>>63338697
do you think genesis will apear or is it going to be a show of the crazy antics a preacher does
>>
but will they have arseface and his "Martian nigger" hating father (who literally fucks himself at jesse's command) or the two sexual detectives?
>>
>>63339281
meh she was already pretty much nigger anyway
>>
>>63339336
well yeah she liked gun didnt have a father
>>
>>63338647
Ah, so it has nothing to do with the comic?
>>
>>63338647
whos the guy next to the fish fucker?
>>
>>63339336

>her father stuck around to raise her as a strong, honest, straight shooting woman.

Yeah, no. Her being white trash was sort of a defining trait. This will just be some other character with the same name. Like this Jesse Custer seems to be.

He better have a mullet in flashbacks, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>63339463
>Yeah, no. Her being white trash was sort of a defining trait.

Yeah, no, it wasn't, pic related. This is going to suck, but not because of anything to do with Tulip's relationship with her father. The training etc is straight out of the comics.
>>
>>63339463
>>63339964

Probably not going to get to see him get his head blown offwhile taking a dump in the woods
>>
>>63339964

>file name

Buy she knew her dad, that's the point.

Thanks to her redneck upbringing (hunting) she survives that situation
>>
It will be filled with niggers and chinks because it's AMC. Dropped.
>>
>>63340044

I might be misunderstanding. >>63339463 seemed to be suggesting that being trained by her dad was some bullshit Rogen and AMC came up with. I was just clarifying that it's not.
>>
>>63338647

Underwhelming, like expected. Shittiest casting choices in a while, nigger Tulip can fuck right off, Cooper hasn't got enough over-the-top manliness for playing Jesse. I like Gulgin but his Cassidy looks and acts like shit. Can't wait for all the shitty OC's.
>>
>>63340101

Oh yeah, absolutely not.

He wanted a boy, raised her sorta as a boy, but loved her deeply.

He basically became a feminist. From a misogynist macho man who never doubted he would have a boy and gave anyone who asked what if it were a girl a death stare, to a guy asking why the fuck is his daughter not allow to enter boy's competitions so she could kick their ass.

SJW's should love that shit.
>>
>>63340214

This.

Jesse has to be so masculine she impregnates with a stare. This unbalanced, violent guy with a dark past shit is tacky.

He should be a guy who is effortlessly being like the Duke in all things. Cool, soft spoken, righteous and just the wrong guy to fuck with.
>>
>>63340461
>He basically became a feminist.

No, stop right there
>>
>>63340527
>This unbalanced, violent guy with a dark past shit is tacky.

He is unbalanced and violent in the comics, and he sure as shit has a dark past.

I'll say again that this is definitely going to suck, but damn are people ITT fucking the dog when it comes to identifying why.
>>
>>63340566

Cry harder, dog, that usually fixes whatever.
>>
>>63340601
>dog, that usually fixes whatever.

Muslim pls explode
>>
It seems like the show has little to do with the comic.

At least it seems better than Lucifer which has absolutely nothing to do with the comic.
>>
>>63340631

I should have spelt it 'dawg', I suppose. Contextual literacy can be a real minefield for morons.
>>
>>63340568

He is not unbalanced but for a second till he gets Genesis, and its only because grandma forced him there.

He is collected. At almost all times. When he met Tulip, hell when he met god. He learned his cool while hallucinating about John Wayne when he was once let in a casket and thrown underwater for days. It's a defining trait.

If a kid had come up to him asking him to kick his dads ass, he would have asked someone to hold his drink and he would have decked the guy with a straight face and given him a warning after. Not spazzed out at the kid about how things escalate.
>>
File: 1449204362700.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1449204362700.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
>>63340568

He comes from a shit family.

But he didn't "used to do things". He was raised wrong.

>tfw when his inbred best friend and his sister won't be showing up either
>>
Is Jesse played by a fucking mexican?
>>
>>63338647
What the fuck this looks nothing like the comic books. Cassidy doesn't even fucking wear eyeglasses.
>>
Trailer was alright. I was pretty butt mad about Cass not wearing Raybans desu; the eyelid reveal was one of the cooler things I read in that series.
>>
>>63340793
>If a kid had come up to him asking him to kick his dads ass, he would have asked someone to hold his drink and he would have decked the guy with a straight face and given him a warning after. Not spazzed out at the kid about how things escalate.

It's a stalking-horse position, dude. He clearly is going to kick the Dad's ass. That's going to be his break from the temporary alcoholic smalltown preacher lull we first meet him in, as opposed to getting drunk and cursing out everyone at Leonard's bar.
>>
>>63340844
>But he didn't "used to do things".

He used to be a professional car thief, at least in the comics.
>>
>>63340969
I wonder why the fuck did they even change that.
>>
>>63340969

The reaction is out of character, he seems unhinged, while alcoholic he was apathetic, he wouldn't have kicked the dads ass. You're also reaching with what you believe might happen.

His break from alcoholism wasn't the outburst, it was Genesis entering him, mid outburst, killing his whole congregation.
>>
>>63340989

Which translates to being the go to guy for ass killings how?

They imply he was a psycho or in a gang they way they talk about him.

Ugh, they're gonna make ex Marco or something. Bleagh.
>>
>>63341013
>while alcoholic he was apathetic, he wouldn't have kicked the dads ass.

This is like saying "While alcoholic, he wouldn't have cursed out everyone in the bar". And yet, he did. This is what I mean by his 'break' from the lull.

>You're also reaching with what you believe might happen.

I'm not "reaching", son. I'm speculating based on the available information.

>His break from alcoholism wasn't the outburst

I didn't say it was. Read carefully before responding.

>>63341052
>Which translates to being the go to guy for ass killings how?

Talk to an eight-year-old boy about that, dog. Bottom line: you are really, really bad at successfully identifying why upcoming adaptations are going to be shit. You are so bad at doing that that you should probably just stop and let the professionals deal with it.
>>
>>63341088

No, you are really bad at sticking to judging just a trailer,and not allowing your speculations on what hasn't even been shown be the criteria. You don't seem to have a strong grasp on the source material or even your own posts. You're descending into memery as well.

Obviously it will be shit. Let's leave it at that.
>>
Are there any supernatural/weird elements, besides Cassidy?
Genesis, Saint of Killers, inbred decedents of Jesus, serial killers, church cult..?
>>
>>63341171
>You don't seem to have a strong grasp on the source material

I've corrected several inaccurate statements made by people, your good self included, who appear to be keen on joining in the anticipatory hatefest, but less keen on having actually read the comics.

Based on this laughable resort to transparently false insults, I can see that you're now quite mad because you've lost the argument. Accordingly, stopped reading there, no more replies. Ta-ta now.
>>
>>63341237

Move on.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.