[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think he regrets selling the rights to HBO? Now all his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: GRRM-at-GoT-panel.jpg (72 KB, 594x413) Image search: [Google]
GRRM-at-GoT-panel.jpg
72 KB, 594x413
Do you think he regrets selling the rights to HBO? Now all his book readers hate him for letting the show spoil the books.
>>
he's rich. he doesn't give a fuck. he's literally george lucas
>>
>>63338441
I think he regrets being a fat fuck who attended 19 conventions a day instead of writing his books.
>>
Not even slightly, he'll die knowing that his work broke the mainstream in pop culture and that millions of people will look at a version of his work
>>
File: 1448953374086.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1448953374086.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63338468
>literally
>>
>>63338441
No.

I have the suspicion that George stopped giving a fuck about game of thrones a long time ago.
>>
>>63338441

no, he used the TV show to correct all the dumb things he wrote in the books that he regretted later.
>>
>>63338573
The TV show is far dumber than the books. He even hates the show for deviating so hard from the source material.
>>
>>63338583

he co-writes the screenplay for the show.

you dont really know shit about this do ya?
>>
>>63338583

>he even hates the show

Give me ONE source
>>
>>63338615

>he co-writes the screenplay

LITERALLY GIVE ME ONE SOURCE
>>
>>63338441
Take back the money he made from the show then ask him.
>>
>>63338565
retard
>>
>>63338615
No he doesn't. He's not involved with the show anymore. He used to write one episode per season.

>>63338622
There were numerous interviews during S1 GoT where GRRM was frustrated of small and needless changes.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/427713.html

Also his editor hates the show.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/06/george-r-r-martins-editor-is-unhappy-with-game-of-thrones-departures-from-the-books/
>>
>>63338441
No. Now he'll die a legendary author in the eyes of normies instead of just a fat neckbeard who wrote books that only other fat neckbeard read
>>
Probably regret the fact D&D got their hands on it instead of someone who's competent and not jewish.

He'll probably release the next book within the next two years and it's probably going to be his magnum opus and his last book and the book series will be forever good since he never gets to finish it.
>>
>>63338819
It's quite astounding just how much of shit writers those two are. I've seen HS students write better dialouge.
>>
no, he has more money than KNACK BABY

OH SHIIIIT

KNACK IS BACK
>>
>>63338692
>GRRM acknowledges changes as inevitable
>"HE HATES IT"
Are you that AngryGoTSperg?
>>
>>63338468
this.
typical librural, doesn't any sense of dignity for his creation, as long as it brings the shekels
>>
>>63338441
Doubt it. And I think he lost passion for the books anyway. Now it's just kind of an obligation to finish them but he doesn't really even have any huge incentive to do so.
>>
He is basically in denial mode, refuses to discuss the The Winds of Winter and the future of the series and just tries to distract himself with football, conventions and his film theatre
>>
>>63340727
That's a conservative trait. /pol/ pls go.
>>
He's reached the point where he just no longer gives a fuck.

Any author would have turned out multiple books within the 15 year period he's taken since Storm of Swords.
>>
>>63340916
>not conserving
>conservative
why don't you just kill yourself?
>>
>>63338692
Yes season 1 was a borderline masterpiece. He must really hate the hackfest the show has become.
>>
>>63340779
pretty much this

grrm is also delusional. some time around season 3 i remember him saying that books 4 and 5 have 4 seasons of content. i couldn't roll my eyes any harder.

i think he knew they weren't going to fucking do that and he just said it to appease the book fans and give some type of assurance that the show wouldn't overtake the books.

at this point i don't think he cares anymore. what's going to happen until the end of the series is he's going to slowly but surely distance himself further and further away from the show. he's not going to write any more episodes for the show, ever.

he fucked up and he knows he fucked up, but who cares, he has money now.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
He is fat and ugly, I'm pretty sure he used to people hating him
>>
>>63341036
>selling your own mother for profit
>not a conservative trait
le kek.
>>
File: GRRMtalkstoDnD.jpg (355 KB, 948x885) Image search: [Google]
GRRMtalkstoDnD.jpg
355 KB, 948x885
>>
>>63341060
>i don't think he cares anymore.

pretty much this. i don't even believe "the five year gap" was ever a thing anymore. just another time wasting excuse
>>
>>63341060
>>63341060
You can tell after season 4 GRRM seemed pissed off with D&D and only keeps quiet because of the money he is getting.

I think once the show made him really rich and he realised he couldn't finish The Winds of Winter before they catch up he just lost motivation and is only writing on sufferance for all the book fans who have been around for decades.
>>
>>63338441

NOT WRITING
>>
>tfw Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring Re book adaptions of GoT Season 6 and 7 respectively
>>
>>63338441

>Brags for months how his show will not turn out like LOST
>Complains for months how Lindelof and Cuse are hacks
>Ends up falling into the same pitfall of rushed scheduling and unfinished canon

IT'S LIKE FUCKING POTTERY
>>
>>63338622
Go to his lj, he's pretty pissed about GoT.

Also, doesn't write for the show anymore.
>>
>>63338546

I started reading the book series around 2001/2002. There were already issues with the books then- AFFC was delayed, and then so was ADWD, and this was all long before the TV show. Martin said at the time that he'd fucked up because he'd planned a time skip that no longer fitted with all the plot threads and he struggled to work around it, and then he outright said he had lost interest in the series though still planned to finish it. He wasn't merrily turning out his books without a hitch before he was too busy attending conventions, he was supposed to have finished the entire damn thing in 2000, and then three books turned into seven, and two year intervals turned into six years.

I doubt he regrets selling the rights either. He was not exclusively an author before this, he's been a screenwriter since the 80s.
>>
as shit as season 5 was it was still better than books 4+5 in every way apart from the jaime story
>>
>>63341153
i find it hysterical how complex he made the 'meereneese knot' out to be. he didn't even need to make barristan a pov character to fix the absolute mess ADWD is. barristan doesn't do anything actually important anyway. everything barristan did we could have viewed from tyrion's POV except the whole arrest thing (who fucking cares about hyzarladksad mo zoololapis?).

it's all bullshit excuses.

>>63341172
it's pretty obvious he doesn't want anything to do with them anymore, he's not writing episodes and he didn't go to comic con. like i said, quietly distancing himself.
oh yea, he's definitely pissed off at d&d.
>>
>>63341313
>>63341295
the thing about GRRM is he is a short story writer, he admits himself he is awful at finishing stories especially long ones

this reflects in books 4+5 a lot, instead of focussing on moving the plot forward its mostly just one off POV characters and jerking off around the world building
>>
>>63341350
more pissed at himself that someone else turned his average books into great tv
>>
>>63341403
books 1-3 are very good, after that it's shit and the show improved the slog those books are.

sand sneks are just as bad if not worse in the books
>>
daily reminder that the series is going to end with a massive movie trilogy
>>
>>63341456
nah, but the show will have 8, maybe 9 seasons
>>
>>63341372
AFFC & ADWD are appalling, such an insult and waste of time.

only interesting story is theon's and I actually think D&D did a good job of bringing sansa into it. like have you read the alayne chapter from TWOW? nothing happens. this is the book where the world is turning to shit, and she's enjoying a fun party.

GRRM was a mistake
>>
>>63338675
figuratively
>>
>>63341472
Yeah I really don't understand what GRRM is trying to do with Sansa
>>
>>63341472
sansa has been a shit character since day 1. she has done absolutely nothing for the entire series, and i don't see her ever actually doing anything worth a shit.

we're all waiting for sansa to be relevant to the story, but it's never going to happen.

i'm glad tBh, the dumb bitch got ned killed, she deserves everything that happened to her
>>
the books aren't forever to come out because he's lazy or because he doesn't work on them. the books are taking forever to come out because he's lost control of the story.
>>
File: 1448461539188.jpg (37 KB, 440x386) Image search: [Google]
1448461539188.jpg
37 KB, 440x386
I wish all the worse to the readers.

Watching the show catching up to the books, and then proceeding to spoil the books is like watching your enemy dying slowly in front of you.

The show is as bad as the books, that at this point is a major clusterfuck that not even the narrator knows what the fuck is going on. He doesn't even know who's dead and who's alive anymore.
>>
>>63341425
i agree the first 3 books are very good but i still think the tv show had a more focused experience with fewer characters, having tywin standing in for the rooseman with arya, making robb and his wife actual characters so the red wedding is more impactful, not adding too many characters that do nothing until 2 books later

theres still a couple of dumb changes like jaime killing his cousin but most of them are aight senpai
>>
File: 1402940400554.jpg (49 KB, 467x463) Image search: [Google]
1402940400554.jpg
49 KB, 467x463
>invent a bunch of cool characters
>kill them all off
>???
>muh real dark ages
>>
File: Georgerrgfdl.jpg (13 KB, 176x320) Image search: [Google]
Georgerrgfdl.jpg
13 KB, 176x320
what would you guys rate GRRM out of 10 on the looks scale?
>>
>>63341627
>>invent a bunch of cool characters
>>kill them all off
more like
>why isnt my story going anywhere??
>why has everyone, including me, lost interest?????
>>
>>63338441
>book readers hate him

who gives a fuck what poindexters think? it's not like they're great literature, so he's rightfully exploiting his property to make as much dosh as possible. the guy can't have long to live anyway, so hopefully he's enjoying himself.
>>
>>63341682
2/10, he is a kek as well

one of his old girlfriends cheated on him with his bestfriend, which explains why he so obsessed with kekolding in his writing
>>
>tfw gurm dies and linda and elio take over
>>
>>63341511
>she has done absolutely nothing for the entire series
> all waiting for sansa to be relevant to the story
>the dumb bitch got ned killed

And Joffrey. Has done more than Arya
>>
>>63338441
All he wants is to drink, eat and fuck himself into an early grave so he doesn't have to handle writing the ending that he has no idea what it's going to be about.

I thought the show would finally make him get off his ass and force him to write but instead it just gave him more money to blow off and more fame to get him more conventions and interviews.
>>
>>63341682
evil santa/10

>>63341688
>why isnt my story going anywhere??

grrm is suffering from the Lost effect. introduce a bunch of weird interesting things (the others) and then have no clue what the fuck to do with them. they were in the prologue of the first chapter and they have done fucking nothing since

the show is handling them better and actually shows them as a Level 100 Boss villain
>>
>>63341682
four... me to poop on
>>
>>63341682
old man/10
>>
>>63341682
myopic Mall Santa/10
>>
>>63341736
you can't compare arya to sansa, at least arya is actually....doing... things. sansa is just some dumb ditz who happens to have stark as a last name
>>
>>63341727

source? i think it is you that is into kekholding and your false grrm rumour is a way of you living out this fantasy.
>>
>>63338565
>posting on 4chan
literally reddit
>>
>>63341775

arya would've probably gotten her self killed if she was in sansa's shoes.
>>
>>63341794
read Dreamsongs and specifically The Meathouse Man, he specifically mentions that story being inspired from his girlfriend fucking his best friend
>>
>>63341835

literally don't understand a single reference you just made. bye reddit
>>
>>63338441
How is the show spoiling the books if the story is almost completely different at this point?
>>
>>63341821
and sansa would have died in less than a week if she was in arya's shoes

it really comes down to how interesting the story lines are for me. arya travels around and kills people. sansa... well... she's good at surviving in castles....
>>
>>63341775
Arya is doing nothing of importance to the main plot. Sansa actually had a part in her dad's death and Joffrey's, and in the King case she was somewhat willing pawn. Two plot moving events. That puts her miles ahead of her sister in terms of general importance. It may change later, but for now this is the truth.
>>
The kids can't get enough of his Fish Fingers.
>>
>>63341935
she wasn't a willing pawn, she was too dumb to understand what was going on and was essentially framed and moved from one place to another.

arya may or may not be important to the overall story, but at least her chapters kept my fucking attention. sansa goes from castle to castle and does...nothing.
>>
>>63341893
sansa is a great camera for kings landing in books 1-3
arya dicking around in the woods for 2 books isnt that interesting desu senpai
>>
>>63340666
>there were numerous interviews
Is not to be confused for this blog.
>>
>>63342034
we have cersei as a camera for kings landing

how did you not enjoy The Adventures of Arya and The Hound?

she gets involved in a lot of things in those two books, it's just not just dicking around in the wilderness
>>
>>63341835
In "Dying of the Light" the main character got keked by literally 3 guys. 2 of them multiple times, usually in threesome.
>>
File: joffplsgo.jpg (61 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
joffplsgo.jpg
61 KB, 500x600
>>63342080
>>63342034
>>63341935
>>63341775
>>
>>63342404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goiYhXE5YzM
>>
>>63341111
happily you're no longer on this board because i wanted to really say something condescending but you're no longer here any more so never mind.
>>
>>63342080
>cersei camera
>books 1-3
at least read them before you shitpost
>>
Actually I'm pretty sure this fat fuck is pissed he didn't sell the rights earlier. His books were entertaining, but the last 2 were complete shit with nothing really happening. It's pretty obvious he doesn't want to write the books anymore because the shows popularity is putting more pressure on him churning out pages, so he's looking to the show to finish what he started.

This guy is a piece of shit and will be remembered as the lazy fuck who didn't want to finish what he started.
>>
>>63342436
He's absolutely right doe
>>
>>63338441
>Do you think he regrets getting filthy rich and having his story turn into a cultural phenomenon as one of the most popular television shows ever created?
>>
>>63342080
>we have cersei as a camera for kings landing

Arya fans sure are dumb.
>>
Reminder Based GRRM blew the FUCK OUT of Tolkien by calling his depiction of war unrealistic and dishonest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3110466/Game-Thrones-creator-defends-rape-scenes-Author-says-dishonest-boring-leave-sexual-violence.html

Fucking BASED
>>
>>63344234
tolkien is a shit writer whose only worth is autistic levels of detail for world building.
>>
>>63341111
Quads of truth, conservikeks BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>63344234

>writes fantasy
>calls it unrealistic and dishonest

ASOIAF shills will defend this
>>
>>63341403
>great /tv/

Son if you think that's great /tv/ maybe you should stick to Avengers and Transformers threads
>>
Because he doesn't give a fuck anymore when he's one of the very few authors in history to reach superstardom and immense wealth while he's still alive.

>>63344234

He never directed that at Tolkien.

Also

>Implying different universes don't have different standards and some of them may not just have the level of sexual violence that is in his edgy stories

>Implying Celebrian wasn't raped
>>
>>63344234
Tolkien was a fucking war veteran who wrote a modern take on Norse sagas to inspire people. GGRM is a fat edgy piece of shit who's never seen combat and who has built his entire career off of mocking the man who created his shitty genre in the first place.
>>
>>63344234

>fat fucking draft dodger insulting someone who has actually seen combat and calling his depiction of war unrealistic

This is the world today. This is what we live in.
>>
>>63344429
>>63344551

don't forget he hides behind 'muh medieval history' whenever he's criticized, so to him he doesn't need to know shit about war since he could just flip through a history book to War of the Roses
>>
>>63344429
>>63344551
and what does tolkien understand about medieval combat? do you think trench ww1 warfare that tolkien experienced and medieval sword and armor combat he wrote about are similar in any way?
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.