[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Star Wars movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg (99 KB, 300x472) Image search: [Google]
ReturnOfTheJediPoster1983.jpg
99 KB, 300x472
What is the best Star Wars movie?
>>
You just posted it
>>
His lightsaber is blue in the poster but green in the movie? The fuck is this?

Lucas confirmed for hack?
>>
>>63336963
was gonna be blue, but the blue looked bad against the blue sky on tatooine

also cuz green is best color
>>
>>63336977
But the poster doesn't match. Did Lucas even watch his own movie?
>>
>>63336963
shit, it's only been a rumor until now
>>
>>63336942
The Empire Strikes Back

You faggots all know it. Don't try to deny it.
>>
>>63336997
poster was probably drawn before they added the lightsaber color in post
>>
>>63336997
>implying Lucas directed RotJ and drew the poster

Full retard
>>
>a new hope has been on TV every day this week
Does Disney really have to still this hard? I have few enough English channels already without this garbage being spammed all day
>>
>>63337013
The color of the lightsaber was known before post.
>>
>>63337009
this fampai. the other star wars sucks ass.
>>
>>63336942

Star Wars or Empire depending on your criteria.

Empire had three times the budget and a better director but considering all the shit that went wrong with the original, the shoestring budget, the new VFX techniques and a weak director and the luckiest casting choices in history it's rather remarkable how good it actually turned out.

It's not terribly surprising that Empire is great, it's fucking insane that Star Wars was good at all.
>>
>>63337026
he did direct it, moron
>>
>>63337329
Richard Marquand directed Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>63337329
Richard Marquand would like a word.
The only original trilogy movie Lucas directed was A New Hope.
>>
>>63336942

Empire by default. RoTJ clearly had the best lightsaber duel and space battle, but Han's story diminished it.
>>
>>63337350
>>63337354
you're full of shit. who the fuck is richard marquand? why would lucas let someone else direct his movies? doesn't make sense. he made all the start wars films
>>
>>63337394
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Marquand
>>
>>63336942
RoTS just for the Sheev meme
>>
>>63337026

I bet you think managers just sit around and yell at people and have no actual responsibilities.

Like the director of RotJ isnt responsible for the color discrepency. Hes in charge, that makes him responsible for everything.
>>
>>63337717
lucas handled effects direction while he handled people direction. both collabborated with kasdan on the story.

what if they just wanted to have a big "surprise, green is a better color" moment
>>
ESB > ANH > ROTJ > ROTS > TCW > TPM > AoTC
>>
>>63337900
>liking the clone wars
And your opinion is shit.
>>
>>63336942
they said they wanted to keep it a secret so it would be a surprise in an interview

source: Complete Saga blu rays bonus material
>>
>>63338037
was meant for
>>63336963
>>
I think the first is the best all around, but it doesn't measure up to the high points of either of the sequels.
>>
>>63337939
>preferring Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones to based Clone Wars

Kill yourself.
>>
>>63336942
question: Will the luke in tfa be the regular luke or bigger luke?
>>
>>63336942
Best in order.
1 Revenge of the Siths
2 Attack on the Clones
3 Menacing Phantoms
4 Revenge of the Jedi
5 Empire fights back
6 First one
>>
>>63338182
Luke Prime
>>
File: 1399782802722.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1399782802722.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>63336942
revenge of the sheev > the sheev strikes back > a sheev hope > attack of the sheev > a phantom sheev > return of the jedi: the death of sheev
>>
>>63338140
I'd prefer a pile of trash to the Clone Wars. It was a shit TV show and a shit movie.

Even the Ewok movies and Christmas specials were better than the fucking Clone Wars.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.