[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I gave into the hype and decided to finally give the Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
So I gave into the hype and decided to finally give the Star Wars series a go. I've decided to go through the movies in the chronological order since that's how George Lucas (The creator of the series, if you don't know it) reccomends that order. I've just finished watching The Phantom Menace (Episode 1), and OH MY GOD what an amazing movie.

Now I know why people kept tellng that the first two movies were the best.

It's just so bold stylistic. I can't believe this is a movie from the end of the nineties. It looks like it could've been made today. The lightsabers are awesome, and that final fight with Darth Maul is incredible and emotional (I nearly cried when Oby Wan's master, Qui Gon, got killed).

The characters are great, and I could really feel the struggle of Anakin and his mother. I laughed at Jar Jar (great comedic relief!) and I fught alongside the Jedi.

The movie is so bold and stylistic. Every single scene has just so much going on.

I can't wait for the second movie, which people keep telling me it's the best.
>>
>>63324017
Here's your response.
>>
is this pasta?
>>
>>63324017
collecting (you)'s family?
>>
Its stylistically designed to be that way
>>
>>63324053
What do you mean "pasta"?
>>
I know this is a joke but i think people would love the phantom menace if the original trilogy didn't exist.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mnhs7hYOCy1qz4rgp.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mnhs7hYOCy1qz4rgp.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>>
>>63324017
That's the wrong order

IV, V, I, II, III, VI is the correct order.
>>
>>63324139
that's a moot point because the phantom menace wouldn't exist without the original trilogy in more ways than one
>>
I want a pasta like this for every Star Wars movie now
>>
>>63324139
It's decent as a standalone movie. I still watch it every year or so, although most of the nostalgia has worn off by now.
>>
>>63324017
It's pretty great isn't it?!

Who was your favorite character? I really liked Obi Wan but my favorite has to be Sebulba.
>>
File: 1351844628636.jpg (68 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
1351844628636.jpg
68 KB, 500x449
Somebody should make a version of this talking about how iv is complete garbage.
>>
>>63324017
Kiera Knightley played Padme's decoy too. It still blows my mind till this very day!
>>
>>63324190
well it is part one so to speak, so I could exist outside the older ones.

But I get what you're saying.
>>
>>63324225
Other than Jar Jar it is far from the worst Star Wars movie. It's only a little worse than Return of the Jedi and out of the prequels it feels the most like a real star wars movie. Episode 2 is by FAR the worst. Actually no, 3 is close to being just as bad.
>>
>>63324228
Nute gunray was great! I know people like Jedi the best, but Nute might be one of the best villains I've ever seen.
>>
>>63324292
It's amazing how George Lucas made the villians so LIKEABLE in the prequels. Don't even get me started on Watto, he nailed it.
>>
>>63324290
2 and 3 both are awful thanks to the overuse of bad CGI, and utterly boring dialog, but 3 is the better of the two simply because it had the sense to end the movie with a reshot of the binary sunset scene.
>>
>>63324290
>Episode 2 is by FAR the worst.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I think I've only ever seen it once in full. Always stayed away from it, but it took me years to fully acknowledge why.

I'll happily watch 1 or 3 any day of the week, but 2 is just somehow amazingly unwatchable for the better part.
>>
>>63324175
Why include I? It's connection to main plot is tangible at least.
>>
>>63324175
II>III>VI>I>V>IV
>>
>>63324522
Are you rating the movies, or saying which order they should be viewed in?
>>
>>63324627
Rating. Watch order is:

IV>V>I>II>III>VI
>>
>>63324522
>>63324687

lmao holy shit
>>
>>63324687
>Rating

You have a very unique taste, I must say. But each to their own, I guess.
>>
>>63324715
>>63324736

V and VI are just the most boringest ones, but watching them is a must to find out how Anakin's story ends, so that's that.
>>
>>63324687
please stop this shitty "watch the prequels in between v and vi" meme
>>
>>63324755
found the underage
>>
>>63324755
>most boringest
Anon's opinion was the most disappointing thing since my son. And while my son eventually hanged himself in the gas station bathroom, his opinion will never go away. It will always be around. Forever.
>>
>>63324768
look into your heart and you will know it to be true
>>
III is the best movie because it's the darkest one.

All other movies are this shitty ass kiddy stuff about muh empire and muh laser swords

III is about a cold badass murding children and being an all around badass killer. Great movie
>>
File: plinkett.png (134 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.png
134 KB, 256x256
>>63324017
You seriously need to watch the Plinkett reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

they're pretty much the best things on the internet
>>
>>63324017

I recently sat down and watched the phantom menace a while ago.

Its not that bad, aside from the child actors.

>Bold, bright colors
>new aesthetic for a bygone era in the galaxy
>good soundtrack
>very high production design

There's also a lot that the movie did which took it in new directions

>Sound design
>editing
>Jar-Jar (which laid the groundwork for Golem, guys, be fair. It was a groundbreaking achievement.)

I mean, I hate on the directing, the acting and the gaffes, but it was a solid re-entry into the franchise which began the arc of the descent of the republic into its final dissolution.
>>
>>63324901
Most of my posts in this thread (including the OP) are references to these reviews.
>>
>>63324901
His comic relief about le I'm a rapist psycho got boring the 2nd time. Otherwise solid videos.
>>
File: 1446405439993.jpg (40 KB, 406x598) Image search: [Google]
1446405439993.jpg
40 KB, 406x598
>>63324017
>I laughed at Jar Jar (great comedic relief!)
>>
>>63324768
This. V practically ends on a cliffhanger and leads right into VI. If you watch the prequels in between you aren't going to give a fuck anymore about what happens to Han or anybody else. You'll probably be so nauseated by those shit movies that you won't even bother with episode VI
>>
Anyone got a full list of all The poetry that rhymes between the OT and the prequels?

>robot hand
>obi wan lightsaber cut in bar
>jango and boba

What else?
>>
Anyone who doesn't rate II last is wrong.
>>
>>63325093
here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
>>
>>63325093
A whole lot of shit.

Episode 1 is damn near Episode 6 shot for shot

Vader and Qui Gon being burned
The bad guy falling down
The way Obi Wan holds Qui Gon is like the way Luke holds Vader
The entire asteroid field sequence in AOTC
Padme shooting at Dooku's ship is shot like Leia shooting at Slave-1

It goes on and on
>>
>>63324017
FUCK YOU RICK BERMAN, YOU RUINED THIS TOO?
>>
>>63324997
> triggered by rape jokes
go cry your SJW tears back at tumblr you faggot fuck
>>
>>63324687
here's your (you)
>>
>>63324017
I agree my friend. Jar Jar is they to all of this.

Watch the second and the third movie too. It's going to be great
That's going to be great
>>
>>63324500
Some people including myself still watch TPM so it's a full bi-trilogy viewing and also just because it's comfy. The way I see it is that if I have to watch AOTC I might as well watch the better of the first 2 prequels as well
>>
>>63324139

Nah, it still has a lot of issues just as a movie. It's not the worst of the Prequels, but it's not "good".
>>
>>63325260
That's gonna be great
>>
>>63324139
Yeah
Ep1 is great, Lucas may have gone too far in a few places, but it's stylistically designed to be that way and you can't undo that.
>>
>>63324017
Here's your up(You)
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.