[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus christ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSj kUzlHxK4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: 1257349458904902.jpg (26 KB, 251x272) Image search: [Google]
1257349458904902.jpg
26 KB, 251x272
Jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjkUzlHxK4
>>
>Qwod jumpah

>We've got won

>Waves hand to a side

>I'm acteeeeeeeeng!!!!

I am shocked at the terrible casting choices they made for this film
>>
Bump for Boyega giving a decent performance and Ridley fucking up big time.
>>
*extends arm dramatically*

WEAVE GOT WUN
>>
File: 3Y02049.jpg (466 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
3Y02049.jpg
466 KB, 3000x3000
>>63309328
The way she fucking points at it

every fucking time

Can't tell if it's terrible acting, or if they're pandering to really young audiences
>>
Why does Ridley sound so fucking off? I have no idea what it is, but I listen to Boyega, and he sounds fine, then I hear Ridley and it sounds like they put some kind of filter over her.
>>
That last scream by Boyega reminded me of this guy so much.
>>
>>63309708
probably ADR
>>
>>63309608
>man outperforming woman
what a shock

Also,

>in that quajampa!
What's a quajampa?
>>
>>63309708
it sounds like she's talking in her normal voice rather than shouting, whereas Boogeyman actually sounds like he's shouting at her
>>
File: ayy fam.png (515 KB, 630x816) Image search: [Google]
ayy fam.png
515 KB, 630x816
Oi m8 where da qwad jumpa?
>>
>>63309708

Because Boyega is a good actor, it makes you feel like he is part of the action and is experiencing what you see. He seems realistically afraid and nervous.

Ridley is clearly wooden and thinking "i'm acting" throughout the whole thing. She is utter shit. More than one actor has already confirmed this in the interviews.

She is going to be the Hayden Christensen of the new trilogy
>>
Daisy looks alright but has a hideous voice

Boyega looks hideous but has an alright voice

Maybe together they can make a decent character
>>
>>63309797
their baby will have Daisy's good looks and Boyega's good voice
>>
File: 1448552640932.png (54 KB, 942x762) Image search: [Google]
1448552640932.png
54 KB, 942x762
good god...
>>
She clearly can't act. They've made a big mistake casting her but they've stuck by their decision for some reason.

Jew Jew and Peter Mayhew have already confirmed that she was shit during shooting.

I think the biggest frustration with this movie is going to be the lack of screentime for far better actors like Isaac and Hamill in favour of Ridley who sounds like she's straight out of Essex.

The accent will be a horrible distraction. Guinness, McGregor, McDiarmid and Neeson all neutralised their accents, as you should for otherworldly fantasy space movies.
>>
>>63309854
>Jew Jew and Peter Mayhew have already confirmed that she was shit during shooting.
sauce
>>
File: 1389187092427.jpg (45 KB, 500x617) Image search: [Google]
1389187092427.jpg
45 KB, 500x617
>>63309708

She's cockney.
>>
>>63309877
she was nervous on her first day, and jj made a remark about it
this means she was shit the whole time
>>
>>63309835

I honestly think their multiculturalism backfired badly.

>Female protagonist is a terrible (TERRIBLE) actress

>Black secondary is an allright actor but is hideous as fuck

>3d character is an orange with glasses, the new Jar Jar. Lupita Bixnoodongo has been confirmed for shit actress, JJ had to cut down most of her character

>Bad guy is a hideous white male, Hux is an aryan looking nazi.

They really fucked up.

Even if jewish you'd think they have a talent for making money, and thus a talent for casting adequate actors for each role, as to maximize profit, but no.

TFA will be a 6/10
>>
>>63309907

The whole movie is going to be average at best.

Then again, it's for 12-year old kids.
>>
>>63309708

Boyega sounds like a person panicking from having explosives shot at them.

Ridley's shouting, but it's the calm, affirmative kind of shout where you're not panicking at all, which seems weird when you're being shot at with explosives.
>>
>>63309854
How much freedom did JJ have? Because it feels like Disney gave him alot of freedom with this
>>
>>63309877
Google it faggot.

You'd only say that shit about an actor in an interview if they were really bad.
>>
>>63309919
>Lupita Bixnoodongo has been confirmed for shit actress, JJ had to cut down most of her character
This is a lie. Only one website reported it with no source whatsoever.
>>
Yes, she's constantly underestimated because she's a woman. No one thinks she has any intelligence and competence, and it's a constant frustrating struggle her her.

Star Wars galaxy confirmed sexist. Thanks, JJ.
>>
>>63309328

I don't agree with the Boyega casting choice but the guy does appear to be a decent actor. The girl? It's like she's trying to hold a lecture or something. Terrible.
>>
>>63310010

It is in part the actress, in part the character.

JJ realized he had created Jar Jar 2.0, and decided to cut the part.

The design team is also to blame, for creating such a comically stupid and unoriginal character.
>>
>>63309963
They clearly dubbed her lines over. It's worrying that that is the best they got from her.
>>
>>63310040
>JJ realized he had created Jar Jar 2.0, and decided to cut the part.
Sauce or GTFO.
>The design team is also to blame, for creating such a comically stupid and unoriginal character.
You haven't even seen the movie yet.
>>
>>63309907
That may explain why her voice sounds so off in that scene. Maybe she fucked up and they couldn't reshoot the scene (bacause they would waste pyrotechnics) so they just redubbed her.
>>
>>63309996
a lot, apparently the suits were pissed at him for hiring boyega cos they wanted a pretty white boy protag
>>
OIM RAY
>>
>>63309963
Boyega actually won me over after seeing him the Star Wars edition of Jimmy Kimmel last week.

I actually think he'll be decent but Ridley will be complete shit.
>>
>>63309854
Euan McGregor's accent in Episode I was pretty bad, but it improved by leaps and bounds over the trilogy. He would study reels of Alec Guinnes and attempt to copy the way he spoke.
Never noticed anything about Neeson's accent
>>
>>63309328
why are all you fucking autists so overly critical over a 16 seconds clip with people running
what do you actually expect there, oscar worthy monologues?
>>
File: 1448248062340.png (89 KB, 399x396) Image search: [Google]
1448248062340.png
89 KB, 399x396
>>63309791
>when /tv/ actually hails boyega and rue what they said
>>
File: mazkanata.png (351 KB, 842x570) Image search: [Google]
mazkanata.png
351 KB, 842x570
>>63310060

>You havent even seen the movie yet?

-Anon, why are you shitting on my plate?

-How do you know it's shit? It hasnt come out yet.
>>
>>63310162

No, I still maintain he is an ape, and he objectively looks like one.

Just adding that he gives a better performance than Ridley, which is not only ugly but shit at acting too.
>>
File: 1447552525444.jpg (45 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
1447552525444.jpg
45 KB, 300x381
>>63310194
So looks like an ape or is an ape?
He actually seems like a decent actor desu senpai
>>
>>63309919
people will see all of this, and not understand why they "just don't really like the movie"
>>
>>63310169

More like

>why are you shitting on my plate?
>how to you know its shit, you havent tasted it yet
>>
>>63310169
This is bullshit. You're deeming an entire 2 and a half hour movie to be shite judging from 15 seconds of footage, a few grainy-ass pictures that aren't even movie stills and a tabloid-tier article with nothing to prove its claims. Nothing you've shown proves that the movie is bad, and even if it were quality is almost entirely subjective. Your argument holds no water whatsoever.
>>
>>63310261

Exactly like Phantom Menace.

Instead of outright ridiculous and even offensive, as the Phantom Menace is said to be now, TFA will be regarded as correct but outright mediocre and forgettable. Without punch.

From a jewish point of view I understand that they want to play it as safe as possible and basically do a rehash of A New Hope as to appeal to the widest audience possible, but I'm sad that they made such a poor casting choice.

I can think of at least three different actors better suited for almost each new role, even maintaining their skin color.

>>63310333

Trips demand an answer.

I'm not saying it will be terrible, just mediocre and forgettable. The more I see about it the more hints I see, and it's not just the casting choices, also the television series vibe and the cgi.

Better than the prequels (but less original, mind you) and worse than the original films.
>>
>>63310333

It's like going back in time and reading posts by shameless defenders of The Phantom Menace again.

It was hyped up as fuck, like this movie is, while most people knew it was going to be horrendous. Open your eyes, familia.
>>
If this turns out to suck, can we call him JarJar Abrams?
>>
>>63310230
he's an ugly gay black guy with wide hips, but he's decent at acting
>>
>>63310403

The hips are a problem though. Maybe Jew Jew, with all his newfound social justice warrior ways, will make him into the first transgender preop person in the Star Wars universe.
>>
Y'know, originally I was like, "Here comes the diversity train. Bullshit casting."

Then Ooga-Booga-Ega gives a performance. He's actually always been pretty decent now that I think about it. Ridley's fucking garbage, though. How they didn't consider this on set or in post is beyond me.
>>
>>63310374
Way to ignore everything I just posted. You can't really say that it'll be bad judging from less than half a minute of footage, or from the Lupita article, or from the poster image of her character. Hell, you can't really say that it'll be bad until you've walked out of the theater and thought it over. I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply.
>>
>discount darth vader
>discount tatooine
>discount Empire
>discount death star
>discount rebels
>discount r2-d2
>discount boba fett (that silver stormtrooper)
It's going to be a blatant copy of the original trilogy, only with SJW puppets instead of likeable characters.
>>
>>63310370
>from a jewish point of view

kek
>>
>>63310157
They chose this scene as a representation of their movie.

She's bad in it. Every line she's delivered so far has been bad.
>>
>>63310493
You're bothering to reply because you know it'll be bad, but you don't want it to be. You want to defend it until you've changed time and space, going back and shifting something on set a different way or making sure one of the writers had a brilliant idea. Life doesn't work that way. You can't go back in time, and you know this. You'll keep checking in the fridge, milkless bowl of cereal, hoping that THIS time will be the time the milk appears.
>>
>>63310607

Also she sounds like she has an IQ of 60 in all the interviews.

Her dumb remarks are sometimes outright offensive towards some people that worked with her, and she doesnt even notice, because she's so dumb.

Also she sounds like she doesnt even like Star Wars or cares about it at all.
>>
>>63309328
>BB8 is the best actor in the scene.

Like what the fuck?
>>
>>63310641

Not the same guy. But it probably will be pretty bad, all the signs are there. Disney, Jew Jew, rehashing the story of the OT instead of going to new places.

Then again, if it turns out to be half-way decent, that'll be a pleasant surprise!
>>
>>63310724
All they have to do is make something better than any of the prequels and I'll be happy.
>>
>>63309328
>/pol/tards crying that juan noriega is going to ruin stor wors
>it's actually daisy ridley who is going to shit it up with her awful acting

/pol/ getting btfo
>>
>>63310641
>you say it'll be good because you think it'll be bad
Here's your reply.
>>
>>63310607
>They chose this scene as a representation of their movie.
they chose that scene because it shows nothing of importance but people are supposed to wonder what happens
it's another form of advertising and nothing more, which shows the least common denominator to lure people in the cinema, thus wacky adventure type of action
>>
How come we havent been discussing this? Who exactly is "Wan", and how come his character isn't listed in the cast anywhere?
>>
Looks like based Boyega is gonna save Episode 7

/pol/ btfo
>>
File: 1269740728592.jpg (12 KB, 385x278) Image search: [Google]
1269740728592.jpg
12 KB, 385x278
>>63310757
>juan noriega
>>
Boyega was always gonna be alright since he wad a proven actor. It is everything else about the movie that is probably going to be shit, starting with the wholesale copying of A New Hope to Daisy Ridley's discomfort in front of camera, despite being the fucking lead.
>>
>>63310757
>>63311256

It's not even s challenge to blow /pol/ out. It's like blowing out a retard. Oh wait, it's the same thing....
>>
INNAT QWAD JUMPAH
>>
>>63309708
She's bad at acting
>>
>>63309374
>>63309644
>>63309672
>>63309791

>over analyzing
>over analyzing
>over analyzing
>over analyzing

I am not shocked by any means that /tv/ is blowing one line out of proportions. There's nothing fucking wrong with this at all.

This is one weak meme.
>>
>>63314139
Prime bait my angler friend. Her acting is quite poor in that sequence, could have been done better is all.
>>
File: suspicious.jpg (65 KB, 492x724) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.jpg
65 KB, 492x724
>>63309328
Okay, that was officially bad.
>>
>>63309328
is this how brtibong women actually sound? no wonder the birth rate is so low. I'm surprised the muslims even want to rape them tbqh
>>
File: Bernie Sanders delivers agenda.jpg (17 KB, 604x259) Image search: [Google]
Bernie Sanders delivers agenda.jpg
17 KB, 604x259
>>63309776
In ya mum, ya lil bent cunt
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.