[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what made him do it /tv?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
what made him do it /tv?
>>
he was mad that he would never be white
>>
>>63280553
What did he do? Can you specify? It's Lost, for fuck sakes. So much shit happens that it's hard to pick out a specific moment unless you elaborate, you fuck.
>>
>>63280553
he was angry about Iraq war and ISIS
>>
What made anyone do anything in L O S T?

Possibly the worst writing in the history of TV. I'd honestly rather watch south american telenovelas. Nothing makes any remote sense from a narrative or logical perspective. The show tries very hard to be a 2deep4u drama and establish characters only to do whatever the fuck it wants with them three seconds later because it sorta fits the current malformed conglomeration of random stupidity that they decided was the plot.
>>
le it should work but i dont know how long le batteries will last man
>>
IMPOOSTER IN LOO
>>
File: lostlocke.jpg (22 KB, 399x297) Image search: [Google]
lostlocke.jpg
22 KB, 399x297
what made him do it /tv/?
>>
Well he tried to hide in plain sight, but that didn't work.
>>
>>63280644

Taken as snapshot, each episode of lost, or even few episodes, and early on seasons were really well done.

Unfortunately, as the series went on, it became clear that the writers had no long term plan, and made decisions as they went along. I don't understand this concept, how can you logically develop characters and create mysteries without plans to solve them?

It's kind of like Boardwalk empire, where winter doesn't write the next season until the last is completed. Makes the series feel disjointed. Good books aren't written 3 chapters at a time, published, then the next 3 chapters written with no pre-planning of how they fit together.
>>
he tried to make amends, but he wasn't sure how long the batteries will last.
>>
pretty racist how he ended up being a suicide bomber desu
>>
God tier: seasons 1-2
Shit tier: season 3
Meh tier: everything else
>>
Sayid was definitely in the top 3 characters in Lost.
>/Pol/ keks gonna shitpost because he's not white
>>
>>63281488
>/Pol/ keks gonna shitpost because he's not white
No it's just that he wasn't top three take your reddit opinion back to reddit
>>
>>63280553

So he blew up the plane right?

Allahu Akbar.
>>
>>63281471
I wouldn't put Seasons 4 and 5 on the same tier as 6. There was some really good shit those years, but 6 was pretty bad with a couple exceptions.
>>
>>63281488
>top 3

lol try again.
>>
>>63281438
Man, do I really have to point out the fact that 24 and Lost were some of the most opaque examples of American war propaganda, written primarily to justify the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions?

Maybe I do.
>>
>>63281488

Agreed.

>Sayid
>Charlie
>Desmond

my favs desu lads
>>
>>63281471
Season 2 was fucking weak

>killing off the whole new cast because they got DUIs

S1 > S3 > S4 > S2 > shit
>>
File: Des.jpg (135 KB, 1260x710) Image search: [Google]
Des.jpg
135 KB, 1260x710
>>63281673
Desmond is definitely top tier
>>
>>63281731
>season 3
>good
Isn't that the one where half the season takes place inside polar bear cages?
>>
>>63281595
Season 5 is great. Loved the LaFleur episodes. Too bad it ended like it did.
>>
>>63281967
Season 5 gets slept on in general, I'd say there's a case for it being the second best season after the first. The fade to white would have been a better ending than the one we got.
>>
File: juliet-lost-03.jpg (50 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
juliet-lost-03.jpg
50 KB, 480x480
>>63281783
Yeah but S3 introduces the best character

The focus on Juliet and Ben is much better than fucking Ana Lucia

>>63281740
Desmond is really the only good part of S2
>>
>>63281660
I can see that some in Lost but it was subtle. Not like 24 which pretty much kept nailing you in the head with its messages.

I also like to think that with Lost, there was as much anti-war sentiment as there was pro-war. If they makes any fucking sense.
>>
>>63282093
>tfw Juliet died
Fuck Jack for fucking up Sawyer and Juliet's lives on the island.
>>
>>63282147
Jack just couldn't handle Sawyer getting best girl while he was stuck with the most selfish, disgusting bitch on the show

>its a Kate episode
just kill me now
>>
>>63282143
I mean for christs sakes wasn't there an episode of 24 where Jack literally tortures an anti-war protester and the characters justify it?

Lost never had anything that on the nose.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.