[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 20151203_085533.png (813 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
20151203_085533.png
813 KB, 1064x1600
30 years later and... they're still using X-wings and tie fighters?
>>
How's that surprising? The galaxy at large seems to use the exact same tech as they did like 10,000 years ago.
>>
>>63278498
Fucking pedo faggot.
>>
We're still driving cars, dumbass. Also, I think Star Wars might be for children. Children don't care about these things.
>>
>>63278498
OP confirmed having no clue how long military tech can last before its replaced
>>
>>63278542
That's wrong. You have no idea what they used 10k years ago.
>>
>>63278498
We are still using B-52 bombers.
A design from 1952.
>>
>The General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) F-16 Fighting Falcon is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed by General Dynamics for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, it evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. Over 4,500 aircraft have been built since production was approved in 1976.[3] Although no longer being purchased by the U.S. Air Force, improved versions are still being built for export customers.

>As of 2015, it is the second most common currently operational military aircraft in the world.[9]

Your point being?
>>
The Republic and the Imperials are doing everything they can just to keep their shit together after their numbers and finances being fucked. Pretty sure R&D to develop BOW Fighters and Z-Wings are the least of their concerns.
>>
>>63278598

I know it hasn't progressed any since then.
>>
>>63278498
they can't even restore a man's burned face right or restore his lungs, hell they couldn't even save a woman from child birth.
I'm surprised that with that level of technology they can somehow travel faster than light and create beams capable of blowing up entire planets.

Oh yeah, somehow swordmen who can pull off some cheap magic tricks and choke guys with telekinesis are considered more dangerous than a weapon which can obliterate planets.
>>
>>63278701
How?
>>
>>63278661
Yup, the German Wunderwaffe waste of resources was just a Hail Mary from a bunch of desperate losers.
Don't get me wrong, they came up with some neat ideas, but they wouldn't have made a difference in World War II where it was about logistics and resource management, not bizarre "Superweapons" that required new railroads to be built.
>>
>>63278713

>Oh yeah, somehow swordmen who can pull off some cheap magic tricks and choke guys with telekinesis are considered more dangerous than a weapon which can obliterate planets.

This wasn't a public thought, nowhere in the movies it states this. Vader personally thinks the Death Star is insignificant next to the power of the Force but that is his personal view, not some kind of world view that is held acceptable in the movie universe like it seems you're trying to imply.
>>
>>63278785
Vader is a dumbass then.
>>
>>63278713
>Oh yeah, somehow swordmen who can pull off some cheap magic tricks and choke guys with telekinesis are considered more dangerous than a weapon which can obliterate planets.

What? The Death Star blew up an entire planet. Not only that, but in the OT, the blaster is much more useful than a lightsaber. Luke uses the blasters much more, and the only time he uses a saber against troops with blasters, he gets shot.
>>
>>63278794
Vader is a relegious zealot. He was still stuck in the past by the time the OT rolls around. Even the emperor gives him shit for it.
>>
>>63278836
>are considered
>>
>>63278701

> I know it hasn't progressed any since then.

You don't know shit, anon. For all we know 10,000 years ago the republic was a pre-warp society limited to Coruscant and the jedi were just peace keepers which used ordinary weapons and not light sabers because they hadn't been invented yet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.