[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What order do you watch Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109 KB, 2000x1207
In which order would you watch Star Wars if you would be showing a first time viewer?

online search suggests this order but i think its wrong.

IV: A New Hope
V: The Empire Strikes Back
I: The Phantom Menace
II: Attack of the Clones
III: Revenge of the Sith
VI: The Return of the Jedi

what do you think?
>>
>>63276837
IV -> V -> VI
Don't bother watching the others.
>>
II: Attack of the Clones
V: Empire Strikes Back
III: Revenge of the Sith
Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars
IV: A New Hope
The Holiday Special
Rebels Season 1
VI: Return of the Jedi
Aftermath Audiobook
I: The Phantom Menace
Reddit Jar-Jar Theory.
>>
>>63276837
Watch in order of number
>>
>>63276837
Release Order. (maybe skip I and II)

Everything else is reddit as fuck
>>
IV > V > VI in the original theatrical versions (or despecialized edition).

Anything else is über-pleb tier.
>>
>>63276896
>Don't bother watching the others.

I've never understood this idea that one wants to a watch series of movies but then bails on certain ones. They are still part of the story and most of the time if one is a fan over all they are never 'that bad'. Even if they are why lose part of the over all story? Hell even if one hates the films it's worth watching, as a fan, to get in on the bitch fest about them like anyone else.

the only time I can see skipping films in a series is if one is just not a fan anyways. Like I don't really like the Hellraiser films but I do think the first one is worth a watch. I just don't go hunting for part 6 or whatever they are up to now.

as for OP, watch them in the order the came out All prequel for movie series are made with nods to the future time line and they should be watching in release order, not the movie's time line. It's not as big of a deal with the star wars ones but a lot of movie prequels flat out shit on the future film's twists and turns, being they figure you have already seen the "first" film.
>>
>>63277029

op here, i actually like the never ones, i grew up on them. but i was going to try show my gf before the new episode comes out. so thats why i need to include all 6
>>
>>63277152
only important ones are original trilogy, prequels are inconsequential to the upcoming series
>>
File: abandon_thread.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
abandon_thread.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>63277152
>i actually like the newer ones
>>
>>63277264
whats that a bad thing? i was 6 years old when The Phantom Menace came out.
>>
>>63277289
Plinkett's review encapsulates everything people dislike about TPM.
fucking midichlorian bullshit for starters
>>
>>63277130
If I could go back in time I would rather have read all the expanded universe instead of watching the prequels. they ruined characters, were bad and tainted star wars for me
>>
>>63277130
It isn't part of the story at all you absolute mongoloid. Not only is the OT completely standalone but the PT are almost universally reviled.

I like Friday the 13th, that certainly doesn't mean I recommend everyone watches every part. Same goes for Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street, just about any franchise. The Hobbit is exactly the same scenario as Star Wars. It's shit, and nonsense you don't need.
>>
>>63277289
I was 7, I watched it, liked it OK. Then I grew up, watched it again (also eps II and III) and noticed that they're utter shit, while the OT is glorious. You clearly haven't grown out of your 6-year-old self.
>>
I guess it depends on the viewer.

When I showed my girlfriend, I just went I, II, III, IV, V, VI. Start with the colourful, fast-paced, more recent trilogy and then end on a high note with the original trilogy.

It's probably just the safest way to do it.
>>
>>63276837
VI -> IV -> III -> I -> II -> V
Really, this order emphasizes what a big hack lucas is and is the most fun.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.