[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do older films have more homoerotic subtext than films in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: Pointbreaktheatrical.jpg (36 KB, 300x442) Image search: [Google]
Pointbreaktheatrical.jpg
36 KB, 300x442
Why do older films have more homoerotic subtext than films in the past decade?
>>
Its the Jews fault, fuck them they ruin everything.
>>
blah, it's not a homoerotic subtext it's more that modern films have moved away from the true buddy film sort of movies. Now everything is either the loner who has a secret past or two loners forced to do something together..

Like whenever that POS new Point Break comes out I doubt the two main leads will be friends. It's going to be two loners from opposite sides of the law. I really hope that film flops hard.

I know it's not going to stop hollywood from remaking films but I do enjoy a remake tanking at the box office.
>>
File: 1441911610303.jpg (15 KB, 364x344) Image search: [Google]
1441911610303.jpg
15 KB, 364x344
>>63276541
It wasn't homo erotic at that time.
In the 80's and 90's mens was able to bound and to have a masculine friendship without everyone, asking themselves if they were secretly sucking eachothers cocks (even if homos were still).
Now that gays have flooded pop culture this mindset have become mainstream you cannot see 2 mens talking without imagine brokeback mountain 2.
> to resume, it's the fags and jews fault.
>>
>>63276909
>>63276708

/thread
>>
they didnt have homoerotic subtext and point break isnt an old movie you fucking teenager

gtfo
>>
Nice bait.

I throw shit at the TV every time the new PB trailer comes on, but I almost actually threw shit at my monitor reading this post.
>>
>I-it wasn't gay tho
>nobody thought it was gay d-doe
this movie came out the same year
People were interpreting Top Gun as a gay film the same year it came out,
>>
File: 1439071120166.jpg (43 KB, 468x508) Image search: [Google]
1439071120166.jpg
43 KB, 468x508
>>63277238
Gays were seeing it as gay.
But they see everything with males in it as gay.
> the movie your pic was made by the huggest faggot of all time.
>>
File: image.gif (998 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
998 KB, 500x280
>>63276541
>>
>>63276541

What about this movie is homoerotic at all?

It's heterosexual as fuck desu

Keanu fucks some punk surfer chick

I guess she has short hair must be pretty gay huh
>>
something something jews
>>
File: Sebastiane2.jpg (172 KB, 1638x1088) Image search: [Google]
Sebastiane2.jpg
172 KB, 1638x1088
>>63276541
Law enforcement improved, now all the great neurotic geniuses of cinema are in prison or exile. Our generation won't have a Jarman or Pajaranov. You can't get away with that shit anymore.
>>
Should I watch Point Break on VHS or DVD? I have both and I've never seen it before.
>>
File: 1448380292819.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448380292819.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>63277555
With digits like yours you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>63277238
>interpreting Top Gun as a gay film

the "maybe gay?" thing in the late 80s to mid 90s was based 100% off men's over all metro looks. In other words if you were too good looking then maybe you were gay? In really good shape and good looking? Clearly, maybe gay. So sure, Top Gun packed with good looking hollywood guys in their prime fell into the same "maybe gay?" trap. Yet it still made a ton of money so it was not thought of a gay propaganda film pushing some sort of agenda.

This came about being the entire gay world got more or less out'ed by the aids epidemic taking off. Before that no one really cared about gay anything being next to no one even wanted to talked about it, at all.

where as now the modern image of men is much more metro and everyone is expected to be gym ready super hero shape all the time anyways. So you don't see that being thought of as "maybe gay?" anymore. Something that's rather funny being the level of gym shape men are expected to have now makes every film more home-erotic then ever.
>>
>>63277648
you kidding me?
back in the mid 20th century people were ultra fucking aware of anything being perceived as homosexual, remember how comic superheroes were accused of influencing children with homosexuality, everybody already thought the navy was chock full of homosexuals.
You don't see many movies in the 50s and 60s being accused of homosexuality
>>
>>63276708
>Watch the trailer
>They burst a crate full of cash over an African Village

What the fuck are the villagers going to do with that cash? And even if it did have a use wouldn't it just be stolen back by warlords/governments?

What a stupid reboot.
>>
People today are just fucking degenerate perverts, is all

Friendship between two men = homo lol
Father loves his child = pedophile lol
etc.
>>
>>63276541
They didn't know people in the future would do degrees in Finding Homoerotic Subtexts
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.