[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate Zack Snyder again? >dawn of the dead:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Zack_Snyder.jpg (903 KB, 1000x1380) Image search: [Google]
Zack_Snyder.jpg
903 KB, 1000x1380
Why do people hate Zack Snyder again?

>dawn of the dead: goat
>watchmen: goat
>300: good for what it is
>man of murder: good for capeshit
>batman v superman: probably shit, but it's capeshit
>>
File: 1310411782978s.jpg (6 KB, 251x247) Image search: [Google]
1310411782978s.jpg
6 KB, 251x247
>>63275900
He makes great trailers, and knows how to make shit look visually stunning without overdoing it, but.. pretty much everything else falls flat.
Characters, writing, plot.
He chooses style over substance, every time.

I don't hate the guy, but I can see why some might not like him.
>>
I liked those movies but it's just ironic seeing his making bland capeshit after doing Watchmen
>>
He was ok. Man of Steel and Sucker Punch sucks. And now he'll make capeshit the rest of his career.
>>
>Dawn of the Dead
Completely irredeemable trash. Legit 1/5.
>Watchmen
Completely wasted potential. Had some good elements, but did way too much wrong. 3/5.
>300
Wasted again but what was wrong was wrong almost beyond comprehension. It was one stupid decision after another that lasted throughout every scene. Why CGI and slow mo literally everything? 2/5
>Man of Steel
Only saw a little but seemed like a mediocre film with Zack's signature fuck ups. 2/5

>Batman v Superman
Who would bother?
>>
>>63275973
any quality to the product was a result of the source material, not snyder, and all of snyder's influences were to the film's detriment.
>>
Man of Steel is the only movie he's done I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Zach Snyder's pretty fuckin' good.
>>
>>63276167
So you grew up with him. The teenage demographic is basically the only reason he has a job.
>>
>>63276167
I guess some people settle with mediocrity.
>>
>Dawn of the Dead
good
>300
dumb popcorn movie that has aged horribly
>Watchmen
some really good parts, some really terrible parts, it balances out to average
>that owl movie he made
didn't see it, have no interest in seeing it
>Sucker Punch
fucking horrible
>Man of Steel
shit
>Batman vs Superman
after the recent trailer basically gave away the whole movie, it's going to be shit and possibly kill the DC capeshit movie franchise
>>
>>63276142
This.
If snyder wasn't the huge jew he is he would have been a great second assistant or "chef op".
Nobody should have let him put his "visions" on screen.the guy has visual talent but he never understand the themes of the originals sources.
And then he inject his stupid ideas like a puppy who shit on the carpet and is all proud of it.
> that's why only teenagers and manchildrens really love his work.
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (183 KB, 800x789) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
183 KB, 800x789
>>63276195
>>63276208
>>
Noticing people forgetting that he made Suckerpunch.

Also, Watchmen really doesn't hold up. I rewatched it recently and it felt really uneven and goofy in places.
>>
come on bro snyder is d best director eva! le epik slowmo closeup punching so cool man!
>>
>>63276142
>>63276350
Dawn of the Dead (2004) hardly resembles the original. The only similarities between them are a mall setting. Zach's version is as good or better while being only loosely reminiscent.

Then there's Watchmen, which is a very faithful adaptation, but with one HUGE difference that improved the movie greatly from what it would have been if it stayed completely true to the book: no giant distracting squid monster that makes no sense.

Seems to me Zach's changes to source material have been quite beneficial to his movies.

>>63276414
Suckerpunch is understandably dismissed, but I don't think people are correct for doing so. I really enjoyed the message of mental freedom being an ever present and superior option in people's lives. Taking life seriously is the worst mistake you can make.
>>
>>63276414
Suckerpunch is one of my favorite modern movies.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.