[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me the appeal of Deadwood? I've watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: deadwood-ftr.jpg (166 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
deadwood-ftr.jpg
166 KB, 1240x775
Can someone explain to me the appeal of Deadwood? I've watched the other two of the holy HBO trinity (Wire and Sopranos) and adored them, but Deadwood is just a flatline for me, especially as far as characters are concerned. I've watched the first two seasons. I like the sets and costumes and acting, but I can't make myself give a fuck about the business storylines and such.
>>
>>63270775
COCKSUCKA
>>
>>63270867
>tfw poorly
>>
>>63270775
It's because you're dumb. The dialogue is the best of those three you mentioned, although Sopranos is probably better overall. Deadwood lacks "lol Paulie Walnuts" or "here come Omar" tier shit that keeps plebs interested. Go watch Big Bang Theory and never try Mad Men.
>>
>>63270969
This. Deadwood had god tier dialogue.
>>
>>63270969
Mad Men is shit brah, sorry to tell you.
>>
>>63271264
Oh, I'll revise my opinion then. I only like shows with guns and 'splosions now.
>>
Novelty of the cussing
>>
Rome is better
>>
Rome was better.
>>
>>63273369
>>63273416
Rome was better and that's not saying much as Rome was actually pretty shit except for Ciaren Hinds.
>>
>>63270969
>>63271007
I for one couldn't understand shit without subtitles and even then I only got the general meaning.
Is it the old timey talk? Also english is my second language.
>>
op is a cocksucker
>>
>>63273369
Deadwood is much better than Rome. The biblical symbology, the masterful dialogue, the acting from the whole cast and the beautiful humanism put it way above Rome.
>>
Ian Mcshane carried the show, everything else was lacking.
>>
>>63273572
>the beautiful humanism
are you retard?
>>
>>63273565
Op sucks cock by choice.
>>
>>63273575
bullshit
every damn character in that show was great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4DK8E813O8
>>
I don't remember what it was but i couldn't keep watching deadwood after season 1

i remember season being 1 fucking great
>>
>>63270969
The dialogue is good but you've not actually responded to what OP said which is that he couldn't motivate himself to care about the business storylines. It seems like you're not very good at listening to criticism or alternative opinions of shows that you like for some reason.

I like Deadwood personally but it all falls short of classic like the Wire, Six Feet Under and the Sopranos, largely due to messy plotting and soap-style drama, as well as the fact Swearengen goes from ruthless cut-throat to cuddly foul-mouthed local anti-hero.
>>
There's a few nice armpit hair scenes, one when Calamity is taking a bath, and another when Alma fucks Bullock.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.