[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel dirty for even posting this here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: City Lights.jpg (141 KB, 629x478) Image search: [Google]
City Lights.jpg
141 KB, 629x478
I feel dirty for even posting this here.
>>
Chaplin > Keaton > Lloyd > Laurel & Hardie >>>>Marx bros.
>>
>>63269535
Why do you feel dirty anon?

>>63269959
Nice bait senpai
>>
>>63269959
Nah nigger
Keaton>Chaplin>Marx Bros>loyd>>>>>>>>>>>Laurel & Hardie
>>
>>63270056
This is objectively and subjectively correct.
>>
What is this nerd shit bro ! we are talking about the walkin dead and superman vs batman
>>
File: LLLNGSH RE CHARLES CHAPLIN.gif (92 KB, 400x376) Image search: [Google]
LLLNGSH RE CHARLES CHAPLIN.gif
92 KB, 400x376
>>
>>63269535
truly an evil man, rest in peace the 8 million jews that died because of him
>>
File: CGUoiVOXIAENPTu.jpg (13 KB, 236x292) Image search: [Google]
CGUoiVOXIAENPTu.jpg
13 KB, 236x292
>>63270007
>>
>>63270497
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!
>>
>>63270270
I'm glad to see you haven't been beheaded yet.
>>
Bump for first Chaplin thread I've ever seen
>>
>>63269535

Andrei Tarkovsky
“And is Chaplin—comedy? No: he is Chaplin, pure and simple; a unique phenomenon, never to be repeated. He is unadulterated hyperbole; but above all he stuns us at every moment of his screen existence with the truth of his hero’s behavior. In the most absurd situation Chaplin is completely natural; and that is why he is funny.”

Buster Keaton
“At his best, and Chaplin remained at his best for a long time, he was the greatest comedian that ever lived.”

François Truffaut
“My religion is cinema. I believe in Charlie Chaplin…”

Jean-Luc Godard
“He is beyond praise because he is the greatest of all. What else can one say? The only filmmaker, anyway, to whom one can apply without misunderstanding that very misleading adjective, ‘humane’… Today one says Chaplin as one says Da Vinci—or rather Charlie, like Leonardo.”

Jean Renoir
“The master of masters, the filmmaker of filmmakers, for me is still Charlie Chaplin. He has done everything in his films—script, direction, setting, production, performance and even the music… His films are not only examples of perfect unity, but all his work is one. One may say indeed of Chaplin that he has made only one film and that every facet of that film is a different enactment of the same profession of faith.”

Jiri Menzel
“All Chaplin’s early films assured me that the comedy can say in a grotesque way much more about people’s characters than serious films, which after a certain time fade away and became ridiculous. Good comedy is immortal.”

Luis Buñuel
“When I was young, the idea of an orgy was tremendously exciting. Charlie Chaplin once organized one in Hollywood for me and two Spanish friends, but when the three ravishing young women arrived from Pasadena, they immediately got into a tremendous argument over which one was going to get Chaplin, and in the end all three left in a huff.”
>>
>>63272216

Masaki Kobayashi
“Last year I went to the Cannes Film Festival and met Charles Chaplin. They showed his works. I was deeply impressed by his greatness. His films, his methods and content, are modern and so contemporary; he is a great genius.”

Ousmane Sembène
“[Did other filmmakers teach you anything?] There was one, an old man whom I had the fortune to meet very old, Charlie Chaplin; he told me that everyone could do this job, but that it is very demanding… He was the only guy who you couldn’t see in bars, nightclubs, or at receptions. He told me one had to stay at home and work…”

Pier Paolo Pasolini
“You can always feel underneath my love for Dreyer, Mizoguchi and Chaplin… I feel this mythic epicness in both Dreyer and Mizoguchi and Chaplin: all three see things from a point of view which is absolute, essential and in a certain way holy, reverential.”

Satyajit Ray
“If there is any name which can be said to symbolize cinema—it is Charlie Chaplin… I am sure Chaplin’s name will survive even if the cinema ceases to exist as a medium of artistic expression. Chaplin is truly immortal.”

Stanley Kubrick
“If something is really happening on the screen, it isn’t crucial how it’s shot. Chaplin had such a simple cinematic style that it was almost like I Love Lucy, but you were always hypnotized by what was going on, unaware of the essentially non-cinematic style. He frequently used cheap sets, routine lighting and so forth, but he made great films. His films will probably last longer than anyone else’s.”

Vittorio De Sica
“Truly good films—like Chaplin's—should stimulate as well as soothe, should appeal to the mind as well as to the senses, should kindle thought as well as the emotions.”
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.