[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post blatant ripoffs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Kimba vs Lion King.jpg (174 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Kimba vs Lion King.jpg
174 KB, 500x450
ITT: We post blatant ripoffs.
>>
>japanese version is white
>american version is yellow

wow just wow
>>
>>63259489
holy shit
>>
File: brvshungergames.jpg (162 KB, 640x589) Image search: [Google]
brvshungergames.jpg
162 KB, 640x589
>>
File: scar do it faggot.jpg (12 KB, 223x211) Image search: [Google]
scar do it faggot.jpg
12 KB, 223x211
>>63259489
>>
>In Africa during the mid-20th century, as mankind encroaches, the white lion Panja (Caesar in the English dub) gives the jungle's wild animals a safe haven. However, he angers nearby villagers by stealing their cattle and their food to feed the jungle carnivores. (In the English dub he merely frees the cattle.)

>A professional hunter, Ham Egg (Viper Snakely in the English dub), is called in to stop these raids. He avoids directly attacking Panja. Instead, he records the sounds of Panja and uses them to trap his mate, Eliza, who then becomes bait in a trap for Panja.

>Panja is killed for his hide, and the pregnant Eliza is put on a ship, destined for a zoo. Leo (Kimba in the English dub) is born on the boat. Eliza teaches him his father's ideals.

>As a huge tropical storm nears, she urges her cub out through the bars of her cage. The storm wrecks the boat, and he flounders in the ocean. The fish help him learn to swim. As he begins to despair, the stars in the sky form the face of his mother, who encourages him. Guided by butterflies, he makes it to land.

> Leo lands far from his ancestral home and is found and cared for by some people. He learns the advantages of human culture, and decides that when he returns to his wild home he will bring culture to the jungle and stand for peace like his father.

>The show follows Leo's life after he returns to the wild, still a young cub, and how he learns and grows in the next year. Leo soon learns that only communication and mutual understanding between animals and humans will bring true peace.

Yeah, that sounds literally like the plot of Lion King.
>>
>>63259524

off topic, anyone read the Hunger Games books?

is it the same shit or are movies THAT pussyfied?
>>
>>63259805
I read the books. Books are a little more interesting. 1 > 2 > 3.
I thought the first movie was meh and the second want interesting and I didn't even bother watching the last two.
>>
File: pbbs.jpg (116 KB, 937x960) Image search: [Google]
pbbs.jpg
116 KB, 937x960
>>
Anime was born when japs ripped off disney after WWII. Anime is literally taken from Disney. All of it. Not to mention how much of the classics /a/ loves is inspired by western culture.
>>
If Tezuka would've lived to see DISNEY rip off his work, which was largely ripping off animation shot for shot from Bambi and other classical Disney, he would've loved it.
>>
>>63259489
>this was the last time they spoke as friends
>>
http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/atlantis.html
>>
>>63259805

The books are still for young adults, but they are a bit more brutal
>>
File: 1385089271678.gif (3 MB, 330x139) Image search: [Google]
1385089271678.gif
3 MB, 330x139
Aladdin and the Thief and the Cobbler.

Thief and the Cobbler had better animation, just typical Di$ney stealing material.
>>
File: Aah47tb[1].png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb[1].png
117 KB, 320x263
>implying Disney have every done anything original ever

If you want to see the best version of this story watch Hamlet not some children's pleb cartoon.

Pic related: that's me. Deal with it, foggots.
>>
>>63260490
>mfw they animated all that by hand
So sad it bombed
>>
>>63260626
>they
>bombed
>>
>>63260672
>Budget $28 million
>Box Office $669,276
wow
>>
>>63259963
Darren Aronofsky loves to death Perfect Blue. Check Requiem for a Dream it has the same scene in the bathtub with the girl screaming as Perfect Blue.
>>
>>63260753
tbf he did buy the rights to perfect blue just do the bathtub scene
>>
File: paprika inceptiob.jpg (187 KB, 512x702) Image search: [Google]
paprika inceptiob.jpg
187 KB, 512x702
>>
>>63261857
oh I didn't remember that.

>>63262027
oh fuck, well... that's fucked up
>>
>>63259963
>>63262027
These don't really surprise you, though, do they? I mean western studios have copied Asian movies for years via horror movies. And those cases are no mystery to people. No one ever looks up the original.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.