[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based John Waters released his patrician Top 10 movies of 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 2.jpg (57 KB, 1000x480) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
57 KB, 1000x480
Based John Waters released his patrician Top 10 movies of 2015 list.

Discuss!

1. Helmut Berger, Actor (Andreas Horvath)

2. Cinderella (Kenneth Branagh)

3. The Forbidden Room (Guy Maddin und Evan Johnson)

4. Sag nicht, wer du bist (Xavier Dolan)

5. Mad Max: Fury Road (George Miller)

6. Carol (Todd Haynes)

7. The Diary of a Teenage Girl (Marielle Heller)

8. Tangerine (Sean Baker)

9. Fly Colt Fly: Legend of the Barefoot Bandit (Adam Gray und Andrew Gray)

10. Love (Gaspar NoƩ)
>>
Is there a link? Did he discuss why he chose Cinderella? I avoided it for obvious reasons but I'd like to hear his opinions.
>>
SEIZE HER AND FUCK HER
>>
>>63254923
He always adds some campy and weid titles, because he loves certain kind of trash.
>>
>>63254886
I figured he would like Tangerine. What's with everybody raging boner for Mad Max though? A film that is set to be as mediocre as possible and barely succeds at that doesnt deserve to be anywhere near any respectable list
>>
>>63255008
>What's with everybody raging boner for Mad Max though?

It looks good and has a pretty surreal vibe which is rare these days for Hollywood titles.
>>
>>63255035
Really? Sounds just like every Snyder/Bay/Singh film ever made.
>>
>>63255008

It was an amazing experience in theaters. Tried to rewatch it at home and lost interest immediately.
>>
>>63255008
>>63255195
>>63255195
>>63255195
lol, wow, how fucking stupid do you have to be to ''not get'' a mad max movie? hahaha, try hard faggot.
>>
Forbidden Room is an arty thing, but the trailers DID make it captivating.
>>
>>63255195
The atmosphere is really different from those director's movies you mentioned. They are just flashy pretty often and Bay's recent movies are utter childish nonsense.

Miller's latest Mad Max was more like a fever dream and I felt like there was really something going on inbetween the lines and I am not only talking about critique of patriarchate...
>>
>>63255469

>They are just flashy pretty often and Bay's recent movies are utter childish nonsense.
So if the movie is reddit trendy you'll give it some extreme "all of the quality is hidden inbetween the lines" benefit of the doubt but if your film buff masters tell you it's bad you'll dismiss it out of hand. Pain and Gain is a thousand times superior to Mad Meme. Only reason one was praised while the other thrown onto the cultural trash heap was a political one.
>>
>>63255641
I didn't like Pain and Gain at all and I really tried to like it. For me it was just an annoying movie about annoyinf people. I realized that Bay trying to make a satire there but it felt too dumb and in your face for being one.

Also please stop using "reddit" as an insult. It makes your otherwise discuss worthy post childish.
>>
>>63254886
Just saw Polyester a couple of days ago. I quite enjoyed it. The only other Waters film I've seen is Pecker, which was ok. Recs on other Waters films to watch. I know Pink Flamingos is a midnight movie classic and is my to-watch list.
>>
>>63255469
>>63255641
Also just wanted to add that I don't hate Bay in general. I think he is still an amazing director when on a technical point of view and some of his earlier movies are really awesome. The Rock is one of my favorite action movies for instance,
>>
>>63255769
Reddit post is redditard as fuck
>>
I keep hearing about Tangerine. Is it really that good? It doesn't sound very interesting.
>>
>>63254886
cinderella was the shit to be honest my homeslices
>>
>>63255777
Nice and weird meta movie about the film industry.
>>
>>63255641
>Pain and Gain is a thousand times superior
>>>/r/eddit for real
>>
>>63255840
It's about trannies, it has an edgy "guerilla" film making vibe and it's hysteric. So stuff Water's enjoys.
>>
>>63255777

you should go chronological, his movies become gradually less subversive with time.
>>
>>35115202
Waters is based (caught up a hilarious interview of his on BBC a few months back) but this list seems like a bad caricature of his persona
>>
>>63255944
> but this list seems like a bad caricature of his persona

I am sure he would love this comment.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.