[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Films that normies miss the entire point of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
Scarface isn't supposed to be someone you idolize (looking at you rappers) the whole movie is an almost cautionary tale about letting power get to your head
>>
>>63249075
Yeah, no shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (206 KB, 787x1037) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
206 KB, 787x1037
Obvious one in pic related.
Also A Clockwork Orange.
>>
>>63249075
you don't say
>>
well d'uh? niggers are stupid.
>>
>>63249162

From what I understand this film is about the modern crises men are facing. There are no great wars to be fought, no threat to our survival, our primary role is being made redundant by modern society.

Am I correct or is this the normie view?
>>
>>63249264
www.jackdurden.com

pls take a look normie
>>
>>63249293

>the point of the film is a not very convincing argument that Marla was also in Jacks imagination.

wow and you call me the normie.
>>
>>63249075
> he should have stayed a dishwasher and been grateful for the opportunity

Do people really think this? (Looking at you neets)
>>
>>63249162

Yeah it's a great film but people don't realize Tyler isn't someone to idolize. He's right about some things but in general is a psycho.
>>
>>63249075
>(looking at you rappers)

this is the most reddit thing ive read in my whole years of lurking.
>>
>>63249381
That's not the point.
The point is to stop when you're ahead. Whole power made him alienate everyone around him and pissed off major drug player who wiped him out.
>>
>>63249429

Thank you for you contribution to the thread.
>>
File: ahx.jpg (44 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
ahx.jpg
44 KB, 270x400
/pol/tards
>>
I think most people miss the point of Lord of the Rings. Its actually about having faith in God even when things seem like they are at their shittiest. The ring is your sin that you wear with you and makes you fall into temptation.

Eventually, you throw your sin into hell with the help of your friends but Satan is always there to almost end you. Golumm is Satan.

That's why he gets tossed into the lake of fire like in Revelation.
>>
>>63249075
>robots not realizing that people understand things would end terribly for him, yet while he was at his peak he was a boss

But it's safer to be neet r-right?
>>
>>63249545
also falling down
>>
>>63249437
Yeah its just Icarus, but the insinuation that "rappers" don't get that is as retarded as my statement.
>>
>thinking movies should have a point
back to reddit with you, pleb
>>
>>63249545
Wasn't the script much more /pol/ but some "
producers changed it to make it believable it was a "le you don't see the irony of the whole point" lazy meme.
>>
That's about the most plebeian Goddamned interpretation of Scarface you could have.

Negroes in the slums of Detroit have a better understanding of the film than you, despite you claiming your expertise otherwise. Nothing in the film displays an advoacy for self-moderation or waiting for a safe limit of wealth.

Evaluating Tony Montana in any great depth, and even on the shallow surface, is entirely about that growling, growing hunger that a newborn national (inborn to the country of America or recently migrated since to) feels at his core; as well, the film deals with all undesirables and pitfalls on being high up ther eas number one, paranoid and virtually toxic to the touch, which you can only be when you're at the top eyeing the top of the top and keen to look down even farther.

Scarface is the success story that resonates with every class and every minority and majority of whatever country it broadcasts and distributes to. It's about aiming high, getting up to the plateau and dealing with all the strife and misery that you deserve for enjoying it. It's basically the only genuinely multicultural movie ever.
>>
>>63249545
This. Also could this movie be made today? I feel like the sjws would miss the point too.
>>
>>63249075
Wow, you completely missed the point
>>
>>63249555

No, dumbass. He could have easily stayed top drug lord if he wasn't a coke addicted paranoid who alienated himself.
>>
>>63249596
No one said that, though, nice reading comprehension.
>>
>>63249612

Wasn't the original ending supposed to have Norton shave his head again?

I thought it was about how easy it is to be sucked into that sort of life if exposed to the right (or wrong) things and then how it was near impossible to escape.
>>
>>63249685
the title of the thread is "Films that normies miss the entire point of "
so yes, a movie shouldn't have a "point", or the right point, they are meant to be watched and that's it.
>>
>>63249758
Some movies do have a point. If you want to ignore that, "shut my brain off and enjoy this" it's okay, but it doesn't stop the movie of having a point.
>>
>>63249293

kill yourself
>>
File: 1321511196233.jpg (60 KB, 467x468) Image search: [Google]
1321511196233.jpg
60 KB, 467x468
>>63249555
UNCHECK'D TRIPS!?

IMPOSSABU!
>>
>>63249788
some movies yes, but rarely good movies.
>>
File: THE-HUNT-.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2810) Image search: [Google]
THE-HUNT-.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2810
It isn't about kids being little shits and praising pedos for god sakes

It's about us shit human beings who latch on to whatever gossip there is and spread it like wildfire without actually knowing anything behind it, and such a small lie can ruin someones life forever. There is no amount of evidence that could erase that lie, someone is always going to think that it is true.

Similar theme in The Gift
>>
i think science fiction like 2001, solaris or even star wars is about the plight of humanity

i think science fiction like mad max, silent running or rollerball is actually about how the world is now

i think science fiction where technology is out of control is actually about the arrogance of man
>>
>>63249549
Thats moderately clever and even semi believable, considering Tolkien's faith
>>
>>63249913
it's actually about the corrupting power of memes you know.
>>
>>63249549
>>63249549
Golumm isn't Satan, Gollumm is the representation of how far sin can cause someone to fall - if you interpret that to mean Satan, that's personal to you.

You're otherwise completely correct, Tolkien has gone on record saying the moral dilemma of the series is essentially purporting the conventional Christian dichotomy of good and evil.
>>
>>63249075
I thought the point was to keep Latin American immigrants out.
>>
>>63249075
there is a documental on the DVD filled with rappers that LITERALLY say that
>>
>>63249075
I thought the lesson was that you shouldn't get high on your own supply. Also something about paying druglords who throw people out of choppers to hang them.
>>
>>63249615
If you're making the argument that it's multicultural because it's generalizing the experience of one immigrant to the wanting of more (and the taking of it), then by that logic any other movie that generalizes the basic human experience is also multicultural.
>>
>>63249075
Nobody really idolizes him except little boys or guys with extreme overconfidence.

To be fair, the movie glorifies what he does. They make him look like a badass. He gets what he wants up until the sister part. He's actually someone that's extremely successful in life - that's the draw. He's good at what he does. Some people look past the death and and the glory before. That's kind of a major point in that and most other movies with action -glory. Just like in videogames, their violence is glorified and loved by the masses. OP, the fact your missing of the point of his glorification doesn't quite make me think you understand movies. I'm a pretty normal guy, too. So, now you're just autistic and bad at movies.
>>
>>63249549
no, my atheist views are far too strong for you're stupid christian bullshjt. the golden compass is much better anyway even if true
>>
>>63249549
>>63249948
>>63250019

christian view of christianism is lame and boring unlike Tolkien works.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x238
>>63250198
>>
>I always tell the truth even when I'm lying
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63250397
Unlike the normies that Montana is railing at, he consciously tells lies. They, on the other hand, always talk shit but aren't aware of it.

Basically, he's a psychopath
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.