[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with his website?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: harry_knowles.jpg (42 KB, 480x259) Image search: [Google]
harry_knowles.jpg
42 KB, 480x259
What went wrong with his website?
>>
It became too popular for its own good.

I know saying this makes me sound like a hipster faggot but it's true
>>
Classic case of talentless hack being successful just because he was the first at something and it all went to his head.
>>
He didn't lift. People who don't lift, who can't even look after their own body, have zero motivation or energy to devote themselves 100% to a cause and analyze it from as many angles as they possibly could.

He was fat. His site went under. Ain't it cool?
>>
The comments section back in the day was like a proto-/tv/.

I've not been there in like 10 years though, is it still going??
>>
>>63246376
Watching that fat fuck and his fat fuck dad roll around on their scooters at a convention was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
>>
>>63246457
It really was, there were hundreds of people calling him a fat retarded ape. It was hilariously abusive
>>
>>63246376
He sold out. By the Godzilla reboot review it was clear his reviews were bought and paid for. You can send him to a free screening or send him a Green Lantern ring and he'll jizz all over your movie.

People stopped trusting his reviews and his site. Then he stopped scooping so as not to upset studios and prevent any 'pwesents' he might get (he actually called them this). So there's no reason to go anymore unless you want to insult him in the talkbacks.

Even studios seem to realise how unimportant he is these days, there's other fatter cows to woo

His TV show was a self indulgent fiasco, especially crowdfunding a second season. It took a long time with almost zero communication to shit out some very average episodes.

Ultimately it's ego and shilling that brought him down. Same as RLMs fate.
>>
File: quaid start the reactor.jpg (72 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
quaid start the reactor.jpg
72 KB, 675x380
>>63246376
He became a real life troll doll
>>
>>63246919
RLM is better tho kuckold
>>
>>63246635
they still do. and rightfully so. he is a corporate dick sucking manchild
>>
>>63246494

Why do they even have scooters? If you're so fat that you need a scooter to get around, shouldn't that be a sign? Like think to yourself "maybe I should try walking for a change".
>>
It wasn't hard to have the first website about something

It is now
>>
>>63246954
He went back to Stonehenge to be a load stone
>>
I thought ebaumsworld was still up.
>>
This fat fucker hasn't updated his site since its creation. The background tile image is still a photoshopped Independence Day screenshot from 1996.

At least everybody who still goes to Harry's website trashes him in the comments section for all the bullshit he pulls like his Kickstarter scam.
>>
Didn't he get an asian mail order bride? I wonder how that's working out.
>>
>>63249163
is that who mako is? lol that's hilarious. he used to reference her in his dvd previews, until he stopped doing them.
>>
Normalfags, Reddit, memes going mainstream
>>
Harry Knowles was a proto-/co/ if anything. Nothing but weird cringe bullshit.

*giggles* I remember when he used to do that, or that entire True Grit review where he literally masturbated to that girl who was in it.

Creepy fat fucker, but yeah the AICN comments section was my /tv/ before /tv/.
>>
He succeeded at first because in the '90s-early '00s he had a niche and the competition was negligible. Then people smarter/more charismatic/more hardworking/more connected than him came along and now his like is a diamond dozen in this doggy dog world. Also studios and industry trade papers became more web-savvy and started to have their own online presence.

After Web 2.0 especially? No chance.
>>
>>63249261
>*giggles* I remember when he used to do that

he still does... with the.... ellipses too...
>>
File: bigmoriarty.jpg (15 KB, 250x435) Image search: [Google]
bigmoriarty.jpg
15 KB, 250x435
I forget. When did Moriarty / Drew McWeeny leave? Hmm. 2008. He was the best part of the site.
>>
File: drewmcweeny 85.jpg (17 KB, 314x177) Image search: [Google]
drewmcweeny 85.jpg
17 KB, 314x177
>>63251762
Oh shit. He's getting almost as big as Harry.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.