[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get this straight for Final time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: images (5).jpg (19 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
19 KB, 350x420
Best seasons

1>3>5>4>2
>>
>>63243730
1>3>4>5>2
>>
Nothing beats The Wire, i can stab a motherfucker for another season or even a movie
>>
>>63243779
No sheeeeit

Season 4 was not even about real poleece work
>>
>>63243809
yeah I know... it's about THE STREETZ!
>>
>>63243730
2=4>1>3>5

And this is fact.
>>
>>63243730
2>4>3>1>5

Only because 1 wasted so much time introducing the characters before we even get a wiretap up.
>>
3 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 5
>>
2>1>4>3>5
>>
it only got good after 7
12 was the best
>>
>>63244551
2 was worst
Maybe you liked frank sabotka's 1cm penis
>>
2>3>1>4>5
>>
I've tried to watch this show like 5 times but can never make it past episode 2 I mean this shits so fucking boring and convoluted, when does it get good.
>>
>>63244624
Nah. 2 was good because we saw the complexity of crime in Baltimore, not just the streets.

5 was by far the worst, abandoning the series' signature realism in order to contrive a messy situation which finally defeats our (anti-)hero McNutty.

1 wasted too much time with setup.

That leaves 2, 3, and 4, and I didn't really care which order they were in. 3 shows Stringer's rise to becoming the bank as well as his fall from grace, and also introduces the political angle. Come to think of it, I like 3 better than 4. 4 felt like the aftermath to 3.
>>
>>63244746
Watch it in the background at first, I hate cop shows in general so it was hard for me to get into as well. I started watching it while doing other things not really paying attention and got steadily more glued into it until I had to go back and rewatch the earlier episodes I wasn't paying that much attention in.
>>
Anyone who is says the season 2 was better than all the other seasons is white
>>
>>63244774
5 was the worst but it was also the best. Bringing mcnulty back and the entire cop side of season 5 was fucking terrible. The newspaper side of season 5 was awful as well. The entire marlow/omar arc was done fantastically though and the whole endless cycle theme was well done, especially in that ending sequence.

I have no idea why they brought mcnulty back in though, even in the early seasons I always found him to be a pretty boring character.
>>
2 was for sure the worst I'm guessing this is one guy trolling because no one could actually think 2 was the best. It introduced some semi-important characters and organizations but overall 2 was a flop.
>>
>>63244774
>1 wasted too much time with set up

and 2 was better?!?? 2 was all set up for the shitty dock and greek characters that went nowhere until the last couple episodes. 2 felt totally isolated and different from every other season.
>>
>>63244947
2 had the objective not being the ultimate goal, which was refreshing.
The guy they have on the board is a nobody who gets killed, and the real bad guy escapes.

In 1 and 3 you knew they were getting him, no suspense there.
>>
>>63245077
So to you a pointless side story that only serves to introduce minor characters is refreshing?

You must love filler episodes and clip show episodes for how 'refreshing' they are.

They didn't get Stringer in 1 or 3, they never got him. Also they had the Greek's go to guy on the board, he never got killed.
>>
Everyone who rates 5 over 2 is a total pleb.
>>
File: 7JnOFfD.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
7JnOFfD.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>people that rank season 2 last
instant pleb detector
>>
>>63244928
I felt it was horribly contrived. Marlo had plot armor the whole season despite acting like a rookie, and showing up to that corner wearing a suit took "you can't take the game out of the player" too literally. The endless cycle theme seemed too condescending to me, as if we weren't supposed to grasp that already.
>>
>>63243809
It isn't supposed to be about policework. Did you miss the point of the show?
>>
We can all agree the Tom Waits intro was the best one, right?
>>
>>63244983
2 shows how the drugs (and prostitutes) get in the country, who stands to gain (Greeks and all the crews) and who gets in shit (the dockworkers).

How is that isolated of the rest of the show?
>>
>>63244983
>shitty dock characters
Confirmed for never having worked in manual labor.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.