[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of the Final Fantasy movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: ff.jpg (92 KB, 619x448) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
92 KB, 619x448
What does /tv/ think of the Final Fantasy movies?
>>
I think I saw the movie a couple times in theaters. I must have been in Jr High. I liked it visually but I don't think I remember much of the plot. The FF7 movie is hot garbage.
>>
>>63241500
I liked the left one. Never bothered with the right because holy shit it looks like everything wrong with weeb culture in one movie.
>>
they're alright
>>
Spirits Within literally killed Squaresoft
>>
spirits within is pretty poopy and boring, it has nothing to do with any final fantasy game, but it has steve buscemi and james woods in it

advent children is just a fan service apology to people who had to sit through the first one
>>
>>63241500

Completely forgettable
>>
>>63241500

Spirits Within is an ambitious, stupid movie with tons of flaws and some serious uncanny valley but it had some really cool world building and some neat designs.

Advent Children is exactly what you would expect a FFVII fan-film to be and it's boring as hell and nothing but fan service. Much better animation but that's it.
>>
Spirits Within was a shitty film with a meh-tier plot that just had astonishing graphics for its time.

Advent Children was produced as a love letter to fans of Final Fantasy VII and made no attempt to breach the gulf for people who didn't play the game to understand the movie. Not just the inside jokes or winks to the audience, but the whole plot makes very little sense if you weren't a fan.

All that said, fans of FF7 loved Advent Children. Spirits Within is generally universally disliked except for contrarian hipsters.
>>
>>63241500
I don't
>>
>>63244675
>Spirits Within is generally universally disliked except for contrarian hipsters
And people with nostalgia-glasses. At the time the plot was ok, especially when comparew to other movies from a video game franchise.
>>
>>63245015
Dude, that flick has always been shit. People were impressed by the tech but no one ever really liked it.
>>
>>63241500
Weeaboo shit with "scripts" that doesn't even should classify as fanfic.

That's it, no more definition needed or deserved.
>>
Trash for girls
Why do girls love FF so much? I remember 15 years ago there were still men who played those games. What happened? Why the audience became so feminized?
>>
I kinda liked Advent Children, even though I haven't played VII

Never saw Spirits Within
>>
Spirits Within is shit, although it had great animation.

Advent Children has some great action scenes, which at least gets the job of the movie done.
>>
I saw Spirits Within a long time ago and don't remember it very well. I remember it feeling like a real movie though.

Advent Children did not feel like a real movie. It felt like a FF7 fan film with the worst dialogue imaginable.
>>
>>63244675
>All that said, fans of FF7 loved Advent Children

No, FF7 is one of my favorite games, but Advent Children was really boring. The best things about it is the new Sephiroth theme and CGI Yuffie.
>>
Couldn't Tifa have taken off her jacket just for one scene to reveal a white tank top restraining a pair of enormous breasts? Does Nomura seriously have no idea what the fans want?
>>
>>63242683
Thus is true which is a shame, since Spirits Within is at worst just boring
>>
>>63241500
the movies are just like the games... boring and gay
>>
>essence of life
deeply underrated

>advent children
RUINED FUCKING EVERYTHING FUCK
EXPECT RETCONNED FF7 REMAKE WHERE CLOUD SUCKS COCKS WHILE CRYIN A LOT
>>
In Spirits Within, why did they keep shooting at the ghost-aliens throughout the entire movie when it never had any affect not even once?
>>
>>63244675
>but the whole plot makes very little sense if you weren't a fan.

The whole plot made very little sense if you were a fan. Mostly because they retrograde Cloud's character by going "Oh yeah all that reconciliation he psychically and metaphorically achieved? Didn't happen lol btw Cloud in Kingdom Hearts is canon"

Beyond that the plot is
>bad guys want mcguffin
>they get mcguffin
>Cloud you must defeat the bad guy
>Cloud beats them

Bravo Nomura
>>
>>63245486
28 year old man here who played FF7 obsessively back in 1997

I don't get it either
>>
File: vid036.jpg (61 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
vid036.jpg
61 KB, 400x592
Did this ever get a dvd release? Because V is a much better game to make a movie sequel than VII.
>>
>>63241500
bad
>>
>>63247062
don't kid yourself, this sucked ass too
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.