[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna see this tonight, but curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: creed.jpg (181 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
creed.jpg
181 KB, 1012x1500
Does this film acknowledge Rocky V, and the fact that Balboa already helped train a kid (Tommy Gunn), but that kid ended up betraying him and breaking his heart?

Does this film ever mention Rocky's son, or Ivan Drago at all?

Any easter eggs in here?
>>
>>63237868
Rocky's son is mentioned, says he doesn't wanna fight.
>>
>>63237868
rocky v is pretty much ignored except for him having a son, but thats in rocky balboa too.
they mightve mentioned drago.

it feels like a classic rocky story but more in the style of rocky balboa and its own unique style

homage and callbacks were very tasteful IMO, especially with music. nothing cringeworthy at all.

loved Creed
>>
My favorite movie after the original Rocky. Cried a few times.
>>
>>63238573
i was crying the whole second half, great movie
>>
>>63237868

It mostly acknowledges Rocky 1, 2, Apollo's death from 4, and Rocky's minor comeback in part 6. 3 and 5 are kinda skipped.
>>
>>63238573
>>63238742
pansy ass homosexuals
>>
is there a song by Creed on the soundtrack?
>>
File: 1382524005472.png (187 KB, 261x271) Image search: [Google]
1382524005472.png
187 KB, 261x271
>Creed 2
>Adonis vs Ivan Drago's son

Would you watch it?
>>
Does Paulie's robot show up for Creed's birthday?
>>
>>63238573
>>63238742
viral marketers
>>
>>63238868

Considering all of the steroids Drago was juicing with, he's probably impotent.
>>
>>63238868
I'd rather watch Creed fight one or more of Clubber Lang's illegitimate children.

>Hey Woman!

>Shut Yo mouth old man!
>>
>>63238979

Why would that be a big fight though, outside of "2 children of great boxers fight"? Creed v Drago is an easy hook both for the viewers of the movie and for the plot of the movie.
>>
>>63238868
Why not just him vs Dolph senpai?

If they wanted to meme it up with a dumb revenge angle I'd prefer they go 100%
>>
My stepson and I loved it
>>
File: TobeyFace.jpg (6 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
TobeyFace.jpg
6 KB, 251x251
>>63239142
>My stepson
>stepson
>>
>>63237868
After Creed first asks Rocky to train him, Rocky says that he doesn't do that any more.

That's all he needed to say about Rocky V.
>>
>>63237868
SHILLS
H
I
L
L
S
>>
>>63237868
Ima legit alpha never cried but this film ALMOST got me breaking a tear, there was a moment when I was about to rage because Rocky is fucking gangster and I couldnt believe what was happening it was like my world was ending watching it

Film is film of the century
>>
>>63243607
>Ima legit alpha
Son, if you have to say that...

Also, if you can be manipulated by a movie for little boys
>>
>>63237868
I think the case of a real father & son doesn't quite hit a spot where audience weep. What makes this kind of story makes more appealing is that a mentor & a student relationship looks like a father & a son, but no matter how much mileages put it on. It still is the story of a man vs a man underneath of its surface. Just check out films like "Color Of Money", "Hard Eight", or PTA's "There Will Be A Blood" for that matters.
>>
>>63238573
>>63238742
I shed a tear when Creed BLACK'ed Rocky. Such a progressive moment in flick history. Gay AND black? That's so 2015 I can't believe we're nearing 2016
>>
>>63239039
>Creed v 55 yr old Drago
>Creed enters the ring in full on uncle sam costume like his Dad, trying to scare Drago
>Drago BTFO Creed once again
Would be hilarious
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.