[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are Heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-1.png (171 KB, 590x369) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-1.png
171 KB, 590x369
>There are Heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

What did Lucas mean by this?
>>
>>63237472
Heroism is the benchmark of an inspirational cause
>>
>>63237472
He meant that Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
>>
Dooku was good
Palpatine was evil
>>
>implying the CIS did anything wrong
>>
>>63238192
kinda seemed like he was basically starting the rebellion early
>>
>>63237472
only sith deal in absolutes
>>
>>63237472
>War!
hilarious
>>
>>63240021
this, it's so fucking cheesy
>>
>>63237681
/thread
>>
>lucas stil hasnt figured out how to get credits to scroll the right way
>>
File: 1435862051220.jpg (43 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
1435862051220.jpg
43 KB, 354x367
>>63237472
>What did Lucas mean by this?
probably wanted to take a neutral position instead of painting the rebels as evil.

These are the same group of systems that will eventually become the actual rebellion that restores the New Republic and I guess it makes it a bit more tragic if you cannot dismiss them outright as bad but instead think of them as deceived by Sheev
>>
>>63240359
then why wasn't that shown in the actual movie
>>
>>63237472
Palpy is technically the Chancellor, the leader of the "Good"
Palpy is also the Dark Lord of the Sith, the leader of the "evil"

Is it that hard OP?
>>
>What did ___ mean by this?

I love this meme.
>>
>>63240418
because Lucas is a shit filmmaker, the prequels were all about a mediocre idea being executed as badly as possible. It could have been a worthwhile theme if a good chunk of at least one of the movies would have dealt with it.
>>
>>63240626
>I love this meme.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63237472

He meant that some heroes had fallen to the dark side, namely anakin
>>
>Sheev knew of the Yuuzhan Vong and tried to prepare the galaxy for their imminent invasion by creating the Empire
>>
>>63240359

>These are the same group of systems that will eventually become the actual rebellion

Ah yes, the trade federation, the techno union, and the banking clan are all well known as the moral and military backbone of the scrappy good-guy rebellion in Episode IV.
>>
>>63240963
>banking clan
oy vey
>>
>>63237472

>What did Lucas mean by this?

I truly wonder if he had some kind of clever meaning behind it at all. You watch interviews of the guy, or read up on the backstory to these movies and the original ones and he just seems completely aimless.
>>
>>63240963
that's where Lucas fucked up, the fact remains that those are the systems that Dooku first banded to fight against the proto Galactic Empire. Maybe the "heros on both sides" was added to make the rebellion seem less pathetic.
>>
>>63240994
I always got the impression that it was a half-assed attempt at world-building.
>>
File: Solo_wing.jpg (28 KB, 685x313) Image search: [Google]
Solo_wing.jpg
28 KB, 685x313
>>63237472
>>
File: Vader_Sidious.png (2 MB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
Vader_Sidious.png
2 MB, 1919x816
In a miraculous course of events Lucas managed to put more unexplored themes, concepts and characters into his movies than anyone can find.

It's a shame. It's all so one dimensional but there was potential for just about every fucking character that was left unexplored.

You could write a 500 page book comparing the 6 movies and Lucas' (lack of) vision for them and it still wouldn't be enough.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.