[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: splitscreen.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
splitscreen.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
What's the point of this?
>>
>>63236861
That splitscreen is the worst part of this season.

I was thinking that it was supposed to give a storybook effect, like you're flipping pages, but that's clearly not the case because of scenes like this.
>>
Split screen? Kiddos think it's neat to do tricks that add nothing to the movie. See: Requiem for a Dream.
>>
>>63236861
allows closer shots of the face as characters are talking, and is symbolism of how they are growing apart and theres a seperation between them by way of how they want to spend the rest of their lives
>>
Is that Meth Damon?
>>
>>63236907

> That splitscreen is the worst part of this season.

Fuck off you pleb.
>>
>>63236861

Rally? Do I need need to spell it out for you people?
>>
>>63236861
it was to show they were having two entirely different conversations with themselves. uh duh

do you fags even watch the show?
>>
>>63237195
Tell me more. Do you like the splitscreen? Why? What do you think is actually the worst part of the season?
>>
>>63236861
This one was pretty damn obvious senpai. They were in the same car, and they were both talking, but they weren't communicating with each other.
>>
Literally the most effective use of split screen in the show so far

>what did they mean by this?
>>
>>63237262

> Claim something with no evidence
> Get's told to fuck off
> "Prove me wrong!"

Are you religious?
>>
>>63237341
>"Prove me wrong!"
I didn't say that, though. I just want to hear your opinions. If you don't want to share them, that's fine. I won't think less of you for it.
>>
There is no point. It's just the show wanking itself off over how quirky and unique it is, part of the reason why it's shit
>>
>>63237245
this. It shows they are on two totally different pages when it comes to the situation they're in. I doubt both will be alive by the end of this season
>>
The whole split screen thing is trying to come up with creative ways in using an editing technique popularized in the 70s.
Like this:

>>63237245
>>
babbys never seen a de palma movie
>>
>>63236989
he's Fat damon now
>>
Is there a word for the opposite of juxtaposition? Because that's what it is.
>>
why is Hillary Clinton in a car with Matt Damon
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.