[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite The Sopranos episodes? Which episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: Die_Sopranos_Startseite_2.jpg (235 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Die_Sopranos_Startseite_2.jpg
235 KB, 1280x720
What are your favorite The Sopranos episodes?

Which episodes do you think are underrated?

Mine favorites are Kaisha and The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti
>>
The ones that give almost no air time to the two kids are dr. Melfi. S5 and s6 I just fast foward though all that shit and nothing of importance was missed
>>
>>63234526
>alright guys, for this picture just pick a random direction to stare into and try to look as interesting as possible!
>>
>>63234577
What about character episodes for your favorite characters?
>>
The first episode where he chased the guy with Chris' car is pretty good
>>
Underrated: The Ride, Calling All Cars, In Camelot, Kaisha, Remember When, Army of One, Everybody Hurts, Cold Stones, Eloise, House Arrest, For All Debts Public and Private, Unidentified Black Males, Chasing It, maybe All Due Respect and Made in America to an extent. I think supposed "fans" of the show tend to underrate the later seasons with complaints about 'nothing happening' or 'too much focus on the kids' but these people are missing so much it's sad.
>>
Any episode where meadow is huge
>>
The episode where uncle jun eats out the girl and she tells everyone
>>
Does it bother no one that almost every single capo has at one point or another ratted on tony? Or atleast betrayed him to New York. The only 3 I know who didn't were Chrissie Silvio and Bobby
>>
The Pine Barrens Episode is the best

>"WE SHOULDA STOPPED AT ROY ROGERS"
>>
I love watching season 4 during winter time. It's the comfiest and it all culminates with one of the best TV season finales of all time.

For personal favorite I think I'll pick the pilot. I can watch it again and again.
>>
File: 4.gif (35 KB, 245x189) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
35 KB, 245x189
>>
>>63234925
I think it's to establish that even with their superstitious rituals and all the loyalty talk, they're still willing to take the easy way out.
>>
>>63234755
Remember When was another one of my favorites too, seeing Paulie and Tony be at ends was kind of hard to watch but their relationship was so one sided. Great episode.
>>
File: tony face big.png (160 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tony face big.png
160 KB, 500x500
>>63234657
>Chrissy and Silvio looking at Tony
>Paulie looking in the mirror
it's like poetry
>>
the one were meadow's friend jiggles
>>
The one with babagool
>>
>>63234932
Yeah Pine Barrens most definitely had the most laughs. My vote.
>>
>>63235415
Is that the one where they try and kill the Russian and Paulie loses a shoe
>>
>>63235732
Yeah that's the one

>"There better not be any rubles in here!"

or something like that
>>
>>63234526
Second Opinion - Carmela's scene with her therapist and her ultimate choice to go to dinner with Tony rather than leave is thematically THE most important part of the show

Cold Cuts - I love any episode that delves into the Tony/Janice relationship and find all the suggestions that Tony, not Janice, is the next Livia really interesting. Janice might be a piece of shit but antagonising her so she breaks from her anger management is one of the most malicious things Tony did

Calling All Cars - I remember this one being absolutely thrilling.
>>
Long term parking was devastating for Chrissie
>>
>>63235847
Upon entering the apartment

>"Where are the 15 other people who live here?
>>
>>63235874
Those were my picks for underrated (which I'd also add Walk Like a Man to).

A loose top 10 of mine would look something like:

>Long Term Parking
>Whitecaps
>Join the Club
>Soprano Home Movies
>Funhouse
>Pine Barrens
>Second Opinion
>Irregular Around the Margins
>The Second Coming
>Whoever Did This
>>
>>63235937
lol Paulie was pure gold
>>
>>63235991
My other favorite laugh was in that episode where paulie and chrissy are getting pissed at each other and chrissy is summoned by tony to talk about the beef between them

> Chrissy: "Is this about the easter baskets?"
> Tony: "I don't even know what that is and I don't want to know"
>>
ALL
DUE
RESPECT
>>
>>63234577
kids were ok in the first few season but they got really annoying later on
>>
File: 1409794070168.jpg (108 KB, 560x467) Image search: [Google]
1409794070168.jpg
108 KB, 560x467
>>63234765
>Any episode where meadow is huge
>>
>>63234968
>his apartment looked like shit
I hated Paulie but at the same time he was one of my favorites. I loved Chris the whole time and after he died I was pissed
>>
>>63235964
Whitecaps was one of the most powerful episodes the series had

I don't care but I empathized hard with Carmela there
>>
>>63236201
Seriously she must've weighed like 200 lbs
>>
What was the point of Tony's other sister? She appeared once or twice and didn't bring a whole lot to the show
>>
Chasing It is a perfect episode. Really emblematic of the final season themes and themes of the show. Tony as his most driven and intense, wonderful acting in his blowup w Carmella.
>>
>>63236414
I guess nothing can be said about her

She got out while Janice and Tony got sucked into their mothers doing. The actress was replaced once so
>>
>>63236461
Remind me again what this was about?
>>
>>63234526
cold cuts is my goat
>>
>>63236517

Gambling, severing ties with Hesh
>>
>>63236532
Ahh the episode where he visits him at home? Great season anywho
>>
File: Shock&Awe.jpg (23 KB, 356x416) Image search: [Google]
Shock&Awe.jpg
23 KB, 356x416
>>63236461
>>63236517
>>63236532
I love how Tony becomes what he has hated, and what his father specifically told him never to be, a degenerate fucking gambler. Sure, he'd gamble before, but Tony trying to rationalize the Gambler's fallacy to Carmella really showed the height of his hypocrisy.

Treating Hesh like a Jew, ridiculing and quietly-intimidating him actually pissed me off the first time I watched the show, but of course that's likely what Chase wanted.
>>
We all agree the worst episode is the one where Jr starts acting like an edgy nihilistic and existentialist twat, right? That was so incredibly bad.

In fact any episode where JR is the sole focus is pretty bad.
>>
>>63236844
Really for real

Most of what you said went over my head (OP), but the last part honestly. Love Tony but fuck em
>>
>>63236876
It hit me hard when tony finally visited him in the crazy house and he didn't remember shit
>>
>>63236876
>It's a Junior falls for a piece of undercover Fed nurse cooze
>>
>>63235964
Sub Whitecaps for Cold Cuts or Calling All Cars and that's mine as well. Want to say The Test Dream and/or In Camelot real close to the top ten too. It's hard to narrow it down.
>>
Thanks for the replies. last bump
>>
>>63237973
upvoted
>>
>>63238063
thanks!
>>
>nobody's mentioned the best underrated episode
>>
>>63238471
What episode is this and what is it about?
>>
>>63238551
check the filename ya fanook
>>
>>63238652
ah fangool

got me there friend
>>
>>63234925
Gigi and Ralph
>>
>>63234526
That's a great picture.
>>
>>63234986

Probably. Friendship, loyalty, hatred, etc., were always shown to be thrown out the window when money or jailtime was on the table.

Most of the latter day mob books I've read say the same thing. Even the show outright says it in S1.
>>
season 2, 3 and 4 were the best

some of them were so fucking comfy, especially the thanksgiving episode when tony refuses to have ralphie over for dinner
>>
bump ^_^
>>
I really liked the episode where Tony was injured and had stitches in his abdomen. He was hurting and noticed when he wasn't acting like a total alpha male, his goons took him less seriously. If he showed any compassion or weakness, the guys didn't respect him and seemed like they were turning against him. So he felt he had to beat the shit out of that one musclehead before puking in the bathroom from opening up his stitches.

I think a lot of guys experience situations like that. Times when they want to be vulnerable or empathetic but can't because they'll lose respect of their peers. I think Chase knows that feel.
>>
>>63244829
Do you know what that episode is?

It's on the tip of my tounge but
>>
>>63244860
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._%26_Mrs._John_Sacrimoni_Request...
>>
>>63244892
Thanks friend

bump
>>
>>63234526
the first episode, where i stoped watching
boring bullshit with ducks
>>
>>63234526
I liked S1E13. Just really liked the way they ended the first season.
>>
>>63245032
hello
>>
>>63244917
>>63245115
hi autism!
>>
>>63245223
falseflag

you only get to use the autismo flag once and you you fucked up

hello
>>
>>63234526
the ones where meadow gets blacked
>>
>>63234526
S3 episode 1 with the lamp and the Police/Billy Gunn theme mash up. Top episode, full of suspense and humour, a perfect self contained story with a good balance of all the things that are great about the show.
>>
>>63245520
???, what was this Billy Gunn episode?
>>
>>63234932
>>63234968
>>63235415
>>63235732
>>63236232
>>63235847
>>63235937
>>63235991
HEEEEELLLLLOOO RREEDDDDIIT!
>>
>>63245571
all me btw

reddit here ama
>>
>>63243554
Agreed - S2 had Ritchie, arguably the best antagonist Tony ever had, S3 had great stories and the best line up of Tony's crew and S4 ramped up the drama. All of those seasons manage to keep the humour going too, something that I missed going into S5 and 6.
>>
>>63245561
Fuck, it was Peter Gunn theme.
Although, an episode with bad ass billy gun's music in it would have been pretty cool.
>>
>>63245594
What did you think of Tony 2 and Paulie as an antagonist for S5 and 6? What did you think of New York as the final boss for the series?
>>
>>63245630
The Police theme, thhat's what you're talking about about right? sorry but i'm a little off atm
>>
>>63245706
I didn't love the Tony 2 storyline too much, it was alright but as a character he didn't seem particularly strong to me. New York final boss was brilliant in my opinion, Phil Leotardo was a genuine hardass and made for loads of great tension with Tony.
>>
>>63245873
Yeah that's the one. I think they called it Peppers and Eggs on the soundtrack.
>>
>>63247114
I kind of got the notion that Phil was down to do business if it wasn't for Butchie whispering fallacies in his ear. Idk but maybe that was just me
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.