[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is New York the most meme setting for a movie? Half the fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
Is New York the most meme setting for a movie? Half the fucking films that take place in big cities use New York.
>>
>>63234301
that's because most American cities are complete suburban sprawl trash, and NYC is one of the few that photographs well

we don't have the beautiful filmic public squares, marketplaces, cathedral plazas and centrally designed neighborhoods of much older, nicer cities in Europe like Paris, Rome, London, Florence, Prague, Venice
>>
>>63234610
>London
I live here and I can tell you it looks like shit and none of the old architecture is left anywhere.
Paris is pretty nice though
>>
>>63234301

It's also the most populated city in the USA, the biggest consumer of film and television.

So if a focus group wanted a relatable place to the audience, NYC: Capitol of the Universe is a safe bet.
>>
NYC: there's too many people and everything smells like piss
>>
>>63234610
London looks like garbage mate
>>
File: 1336434116947s.jpg (6 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1336434116947s.jpg
6 KB, 232x197
>>63234610
>list all of these meme cities
>not listing Vienna, perhaps the most beautiful city in the world
>>
>>63234867

Accurate description of Pre-Giuliani NYC.

Now it's a city of too many rich douchebags, hipsters and techies where everything costs an arm and a leg.
>>
Many NY set films and tv shows arent even filmed there and it shows. Empire right now comes to mind.
>>
It used to be Chicago but crook county fucked that up by raising the tax to film here
>>
>>63234660
>>63234872

I've been to London and know that it doesn't look bad. There is still plenty of older architechture. If you want to see terrible visit Los Angeles, Phoenix, Houston, Atlanta, etc... . London is like being in heaven compared to life in those cities.
>>
>>63234867

accurate as fuck, but i'd take the smell of piss over the smell of garbage over at new jersey. fuck that they're both shit. source I was assigned as tech dispatch for about a year at ny and nj
>>
>>63234966
Fellow Chicagoan here.

I prefer that. Let the plebs have their NYC. Part of Chicago's greatness is that it tends to fly under radars.
>>
>>63235053

you're still full of niggers and hipsters mate. fuck you.
>>
I've noticed more cities getting love as of late. Chicago, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, etc.

Washington DC is an underutilized city for rom coms.
>>
>new york setting
>it's really just toronto
>>
>all these plebs shitting ont he greatest city on earth
it must suck to be this salty
>>
>>63235190
>Washington DC is an underutilized city for rom coms.

why wouldn't it be? its such a depressing place
>>
>>63234987
fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>63235230
>set in Toronto
>it's filmed in Vancouver
>>63235190
>Washington DC
>den full of drug addicts and hordes of the melanin enriched
No one wants to set anything there or film there.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.