[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait did people seriously hate this movie? I thought the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Thor_-_The_Dark_World_poster.jpg (131 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Thor_-_The_Dark_World_poster.jpg
131 KB, 300x444
Wait did people seriously hate this movie? I thought the first Thor movie was HORRIBLE, a complete fucking mess. But this was alright, looked way better. Asgard felt believable and there was some decent humor.
>>
>>63233443
never saw it, the first Thor fucking sucked. not even popping out kats titties couldve saved it
>>
Malekith vs Thor was a great fight scene. The CGI was amazing there.
Way better than IM3 but it's still the second weakest film of phase 2.
>>
It was good.

But the world's been in peril too many times now. Every new threat for these movies feels less and less threatening. It's why the only way to keep them exciting is to inject tone-breaking humor into whatever tone might have fragilely there in the first place.

Civil War focusing on strife between the heroes is more appealing right now. It's what made Raimi's Spider-Man movies so good--Parker wasn't trying to save all of fucking New York, he was just duking it out with costumed assholes who personally wanted his head.
>>
>>63233443
I was Green Lantern levels of shit.

The writing was god awful, titcow was as cancerous and unbearable as usual, the CG looked like a fucking TV movie in most cases and the villain had no development whatsoever.

Quite literally the shitiest MCU movie, and Thor 1 was bad enough.
>>
Needed more Kat Dennings in a tight sweater.
>>
Because it's one-note. No real stakes, nothing to care about, terrible villain.

And it has this really annoying tone where they're always cracking jokes. It might've worked in Avengers and GotG, but here it's just annoying.
>>
>>63233443
Odin was a dick in this film. In the first one he was a wise old man king. But in this one he is really fucking psycho.
>>
>>63233751
Needed Kat Dennings in dresses with extreme cleavage, but they'd never do that in a Marvel movie, unfortunately.
>>
This is definitely shit, but the first one is monstrously bad. Can't believe I ever heard a good thing about it. At least there was more eye candy in this one.
>>
Thor 1 really is shitty. I don't know how people like anything about it. At least with the sequel I could actually enjoy it when I turned off my brain.
>>
>>63233443
People remember this movie?
>>
they were both 4-5/10 shit flicks and the only competition for worst phase 2 movie would come from iron man 3 which was a total nightmare
>>
It was better solely because it didn't have Dutch angles
Seriously, what the fuck Branagh?
>>
>>63233443
lame bad guys in both movies
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.