[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ screenwriting general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 19
File: swg.jpg (3 KB, 206x213) Image search: [Google]
swg.jpg
3 KB, 206x213
FUCKING POST YOUR SCREENPLAYS

TELL US YOUR IDEAS

MEET MAX LANDIS

We can do this! Together!
>>
Writing a little ditty about the italian mafia and how they run things right now. I'm taking clues from the Bannano crime family and how they are currently surviving. Problem is I'm bad at endings.
On mobile so I cant give a sample. If thread is still up later, I'll whore myself out for feedback.
>>
File: 4884106377691136.jpg (212 KB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
4884106377691136.jpg
212 KB, 1365x767
>tfw too depressed to write
>tfw there's no point of writing anyway because the industry is dead
>tfw there's no way i'll ever make anything despite having film equipment because i'm a fucking NEET shut-in
>>
/stealyourwork/ general
>>
A movia adaptation of The Russian Sleep Experiment, that will be called only The Sleep Experiment to not trigger the russians
>>
>>63226441
Google search says it's been done.
>>
>>63225643
Writing a script about a failed school shooter, talking with the guy who stopped him while in a hospital bed.

Trying to portray the shooter as a real vulnerable, angry character. He refuses to blame himself for everything that's happening, and the guy who stopped him is just probing deeper and deeper.

Currently 7 pages in. Could stop at any time, but I'm shooting for at least 10. I don't think I have enough narrative energy for 30.
>>
>>63226353
Industry is not dead. Plenty of unique films get made all the time.
>>
>>63227945
Sounds hard without making it seem pretentious or out of your element. What's the story there even? It just seems like aftermath. Is the other guy trying to get the shooter to blame himself and take responsibility? Is it really ten pages of one scene and two people talking? That could get boring.
>>
>>63226353
Are you me, are we the same?
Let us form Voltron.
Or maybe we should just die.

I'm drunk. Are you allowed commas in Haiku's?
>>
File: 1416409057346.jpg (61 KB, 651x867) Image search: [Google]
1416409057346.jpg
61 KB, 651x867
An alien starship flies into Earth's atmosphere, and is shot down by F-22 fighters, a robot flies out of the starship before it explodes, and crashes into a girls college dorm. A college girl, played by AnnaSophia Robb, finds the robot in her dorm room. The robot tells her he must hide, and ASR thinks its from police and authorities investigating the damage to the Dorm. ASR takes the robot to a seclude area, where the robot explains his origin: he is an artificial intelligence created by an alien species to enhance its soldiers with incredible powers. As the robot is explaining this, aliens arrive and attack, and start destroying the dorm and surrounding area looking for the robot. The robot tells ASR that if he gives her the incredible powers that were meant for the aliens, she can protect her college friends and the city from the aliens attack. ASR is scared but agrees, and the robot touches her tiny breast, which endows her with highly advanced alien bio-augmentation. ASRs clothes dissolve away, and a glowing armor starts covering her nude body. ASR rises up into the air, realizing the energy armor is making her body super strong, and is feeding her mind instant experience in fighting techniques and skills. She attacks the aliens, ripping there numbers apart with energy weapons she can create with her suit and her super strength. The aliens are devastated, and a dying alien transmits a message back to the fleet in space, showing ASR and her power, and the aliens send their entire army towards earth to destroy ASR and capture the robot.
>>
>>63228031
It is just aftermath, but I'm using it as an exercise to work on dialogue and actually putting some emotion into a script for once.

The endgame is for the other guy to sort of find some catharsis for himself, though as it's written now it seems like the shooter's learning more about himself than the other guy.
Sort of doing it like a play, in that it's squarely placed on the actors.
>>
>>63228096
It sounds like the male part is underwritten.
>>
Guys, I'm here to give feedback. Someone post and I'll give my two cents.
>>
>bimp
>>
>>63228579
Oh you are here? Great we've been waiting for you.
>>
How do you isolate all of the characters without the story getting stale? My script starts with the main characters playing at a party (they're in a shitty garage band) and the apocalypse is happening whilst the band is playing and everyone is wasted. As soon as they realize this, they attempt to leave, but earthquakes confine them to the property. Scott Pilgrim style musical antics ensue. How do I make this work?

On mobile so can't sample, but I haven't gotten to the point where they realize what's happening, so I could keep going for a little bit before disaster strikes.
>>
>>63229141
Well, it sounds like it's basically just a play, though I'm not sure how Scott Pilgrim's supposed to factor in there.
>>
>I know my films will never be made, but im happy to try

I'm writing a film right now about a covertly corrupt witch doctor set in the deep south in the 50's. Growing up this character tried out for the college baseball team but got cut cuz he was too small, anyways he ends up graduating school to be a doctor and becomes the schools chief of medical staff and takes out his revenge by drugging future superstar students eventually he gets caught but im working that out, he is going to be played by an Asian actor, im not Asian myself but we need to see some more Asian actors its just not fiar there not reped enough lol, but him being asian has nothing to do with the film, anyways, i wanna use this in the soundtrack or trailer

https://soundcloud.com/hereliesfo/sleep

would u guys watch my film
>>
>>63229141
You might think isolating them limits you, but you still follow the same things as every other story.

They want something (to survive, etc) and something always gets in the way of that. Your story won't get stale if you keep throwing conflict at them.

Watch This is the End, since that's essentially the same premise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yma-g4gTwlE
>>
>>63229523
What do you mean drugging? Like killing? Or drugging for failing a drug test?

No, I wouldn't watch it. Your main character doesn't have to be sympathetic all the time, but this guy just seems petty. Why would I care if he got caught?
>>
File: 1404334151128.png (3 KB, 279x237) Image search: [Google]
1404334151128.png
3 KB, 279x237
>>63228096
>ASRs clothes dissolve away, and a glowing armor starts covering her nude body.
Is the glowing armour just body paint?
>>
>>63225643
Taytay repeatedly kicks me in the balls

the end
>>
>>63229942
well basically he finds a way to manipulate the perfrmance f school athletes that have a future in indirect ways, like recoomneing a beverage to the team or somewshit like gatorade and only infecting a certain individuals bottle, you would be symathetic by the way he gets ridiculed and shamed and gets his heart broken but you only understand than in the deatils of a scene that requires vision my friend, lines on paper dont do all the justice the magic sometimes is strictly on screen
>>
>>63230954
im sorry my grammar is atrocious, not in the mood right now lol
>>
>>63230954
It's funny you say that because that's what I was going for: Scott Pilgrim meets This Is The End
>>
I think my biggest problem is I am bad at correctly formatting my screenplay. I write it more like an essay for some reason, I don't know why.
>>
>>63231103
amen to that brother
>>
File: todd da hitman.gif (1 MB, 313x273) Image search: [Google]
todd da hitman.gif
1 MB, 313x273
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6tIEdgKGhKXWEVudm1CQ25uYVU

Fuck you guys. Post your scripts. This is my fantasy screenplay, inspired by Game of Thrones (light magic influences in a serious setting where no character is safe). Reddit doesn't give enough feedback.
Just read a page and tell me if it's boring or dumb.
>>
>>63226353
>despite having film equipment

Look online for students or people starting out in film (acting, sound etc), who are willing to do a small project for free. Meet up, discuss and collaborate.

With depression and creative funk, i've found that having a timetable and involving others helps.

Force yourself, the worst thing that will happen is you make a bad film that you don't have to show to anybody.
>>
>>63231769
You're not funny. Being wacky and silly isn't funny.

And if it's not funny, then you have to be dramatic, which it can't be if it's trying to be silly.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnc8o257Yzg
>>
Any tips on describing action scenes? Specially martial arts scene?
>>
>>63233868
I was going to hate on this, but it's pretty good.
>>
>>63231769

>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRWnJMcEMzcVIxZjQ

Here's a piece of shit I'm not going to finish. Was planning on it, but then I jumped onto my current one.
>>
>>63233933
Yeah, why hate? it's not like his movies are great or anything but better than listening to people that have never done anything in their life like Mckee
>>
Unrelated to the screenplays themselves, what camera are you guys using? I assume many of you are in film school or have a large budget.

im a bit of a poorfag who opted for entry level DSLR
>>
>>63234134
Canon 70D
>>
>>63226231
I already know this would be a shitty movie, and your idea is overdone as fuck m8.
>>
>>63226436
>this

But then again, this is 4chan. I don't any of this would be worth stealing.
>>
>>63234134
I dropped out of local film school. It was a complete disappointment. I'm learning more through books, watching films and working on short films with people who've already done shit.
>>
>>63227708

Is this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3856410/

Because if it is, then thats cool, it's only 29 minutes longs and unknow
>>
>>63233951
Is this a short or a feature?
>>
>>63234262
Short.

Yeah, the pacing's fucky for a short.
>>
Anyone have access to the skype group?
>>
I'm writing a Dostoyevskian story about an arrogant Librarian who comes across a drifter who turns his life down a dark path.
>>
>>63226353
Are you me minus the equipment?

Seriously. Looking at the industry, it feels like what's the point when the possible film will be dumped on vod and forgetten in 3 yrs.
>>
>>63234895
Nice, but vague.
>>
>>63234895
Sounds good.
>>
Spec scripts don't get taken any more guys

It's 2015, get involved with Capeshit or die
>>
>>63227961
But they're either financed by millionaire daughters or famous friends.
No one cares about Rick taking movies or indie shit.

It's all comic book/known IP based shit.
>>
>>63234895
What does that mean? What does the librarian want?
>>
Here's a screen play that I am working on. Could you guys tell me if it is good?

The story is a psychological story about understanding one's own mental state and place in the universe.

The protagonist of the story is a young city boy called Martin who has become increasing disinterested in the life which he has. For while he can party and engage in all sorts of hedonistic pleasures, at the same time he cannot shake off the feeling of immeasurable emptiness inside of him. The reason for this emptiness is that he has got no concept or idea of what he is doing with his life. While he has a steady and well paying job which can support his lifestyle, it is not what he wants to do and he feels like his life is just slipping away from him. So on his one month holiday Martin decides to meet up with four old school friends and go on a trip with them to a group of islands far away from civilisation. These four friends are Ray (A surgeon), Alice (A comic artist), Elliot (A journalist) and Isabella (A programmer). As they go on this trip the five discuss their lives, unfufiled ambitions, relationships, vices and virtues which they have commited to. These discussions take place during or after activites which the five engage in on their vacation, at various different times, with varying levels of intensity and not always between all the people. At the end of their vacation, all of the five protagonists leave at various different times, each with various levels of satisfaction about the trip and their own personal lives (But none totally unhappy or totally happy). The story finally concludes in a beach bar with Martin proof reading a paper he did on the subject which will allow for him to do his dream job and contemplating whether or not to hand it in and start the course. He recalls the others words about the pro and cons of his life before he says 'Fuck it' leaving it ambigous if he followed his dream or decided he was content where he is.
>>
Looking for College Republicans if anyone has it, it was on the top of the blacklist a few years ago
>>
>>63235269
That's not a story.

As you've described it, it's a bunch of people sitting around talking. Yeah, it's possible to make a movie like that. My favorite movies are like that. But unless you really understand people, how they talk, and their desires and wants and how those manifest into their personality, it's a tough way to approach a screenplay.

Most screenplays are "a psychological story about understanding one's own mental state and place in the universe" to some degree. This fits under what we call "internal conflict." Everyone is trying to be happy and find meaning in their life. But watching people talking about it is boring. That's not a story. A story needs an external conflict. A goal. Something the protagonist wants or has to do.

You wrote up a long summary of this story, but absolutely no indication of drama or comedy. Sounds just like a "comfy" film about people talking. I mean, how do you sell that to people? What would make people stick around? "Oh gee, I really hope he overcomes his existential crisis by going on a vacation with all his old friends." At least make them all strangers. Or put dinosaurs on the island. Or it's about to erupt and kill all of them.

Fuck man, every christmas I go home and see my old high school friends and lament about how are lives are not what we intended. I don't need a movie for that.
>>
>>63235012
The won't hire me for supes 4 if I don't show proof I can write.
>>
>>63235022
Go home max
>>
>>63234134
G H 2
H
>>
>>63235149
let me redo the logline,

An arrogant Librarian who lives a life of solitude comes across a wandering drifter living in the library, this sets him down a dark path as he navigates through his past.

It's a librarian who's cut off all ties with people, he doesn't want to deal with everyone in the world, so he's isolated himself by working at a library in a small town. He thought that by doing this, it would bring him happiness, but in the end it doesn't, it just alienates him further from the world.
>>
>movie opens with a marxist rally in an underground cellar
>speaker begins meeting with a coyote yelp
"the furry era is now"
>>
>>63235269

This sounds like the most narcissistic bullshit ever spawned. There's no story here, just a bunch of introspection of a boring character. Don't use screenwriting as therapy for your own mediocre problems.

Also

>Isabella (A programmer)

Fuck off
>>
>>63237880

What the fuck is a "dark path"? You have a couple sentences, not anything close to story.
>>
>>63239175
Sorry I'm thinking in terms of a logline,

it's where he starts to realize that he wants to reconnect with the world.

He tries to reconnect with each of his old friends one by one, each encounter shedding light upon what transpired and what caused their rift in the first place.
>>
File: sweating man 2 (2).jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
sweating man 2 (2).jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>63228096

>ASRs clothes dissolve away, and a glowing armor starts covering her nude body. ASR rises up into the air

OMG
>>
>>63239276

Do you have specific reason behind why he is a librarian?
>>
>>63237880
An arrogant Librarian who lives a life of solitude, comes across a drifter living in the library, confronting this drifter means confronting his own dark past.

Seeking solitude an arrogant Librarian comes across a drifter who has taken up residence in his library, can the librarian confront this wanderer and escape his own dark past.

You need to keep rewriting the logline until something is going on, its too vague. You have to give some hint at what the dark path is. Else what is there to draw us in?
>>
>>63239334
It's a job that allows him to not interact with people constantly on a daily basis, it's a college town library.
>>
>>63239425

College town libraries are busy...
>>
>>63233951
Can I get a second opinion on this one? I still don't like it, but I love teleportation as a concept.
>>
>>63239347
An arrogant Libarian who's alienated himself from the world encounters a drifter who has taken residence inside the library, this sets off a series of events which forces the librarian to undergo a psychological journey.

>>63239425
The one I'm from is pretty quiet. Plus it's a small town.
>>
>>63239425
Have him work in the core section of the library. The town library where I live, the core section is the most lonely depressing place. You can hear the air conditioning going and its hidden away in a basement area.
>>
Here's the basic outline of a story I often add from time to time:
>An elderly man is the last train attendant from the last train station in the world
>Cuz in the future, flying trains and flying cars are the new thing
>Said train station is closing down in a month because no one uses it anymore
>Over the course of the movie, he goes through the stages of grief over losing his lifelong career that's now dead to the world.
>With the help of his bestest black friend, he eventually gets over it and gets a new job working as a curator for a museum about trains.

Overall story is about being made obsolete by society and trying to adapt in the new world with that skills you have.

Shitty premise, I know but I hope some anon with a dream to write a script could use it.
>>
>>63239610
I like the idea. Are you going to have g-men turn up or start watching the house? Whats next?
>>
>>63239641

Okay cool. But you should really think about why he is a Librarian rather than any other lonely job he could possibly have. But the core of the story is him going down this "dark path" which is incredibly vague. I guess it means reconnecting with the people he left behind? Sounds like in the most basic sense A Christmas Carol. Why is meeting this wanderer the inciting incident? What does he tell or do to the Librarian that sends him on his journey? It has to be powerful enough to get this arrogant introvert off his ass and into the world. Focus on the incident, make it powerful and then you'll have more of a hook. Ofcourse, then you have to write the rest of it
>>
>>63239910
>g-men show up to the house
Well, I'mma use that now. I can keep it closed that way, and might give some neat ways to work the teleport gimmick.
>>
>>63234368
add: Brandonmedford
>>
It's a short story right now but I'm starting to transfer it to a screenplay.

It's a short story about a female vampire living as an experimental artist in Manhattan in the early-60s. She's done pretty much everything in life and is bored. She wants to die, but has to face the reality that she can't and must continue an endless and painful cycle of changing identity and location, and making a victim of everyone she used to care for.
>>
Wanna write a comedy about this setup
>Writer trying to get big break.
>Man is a genius at writing girl-smut, but women won't buy books like '50 shades' if they're written by a man.
>After a few flops, publisher has an idea.
>Write them under female pseudonym.
>Instant fame.
>They wanna meet author.
>So Publisher hires some random chick to be the 'author'
>Gets all kinds of fame and interviews and the like.
>Author gets jealous.
>Finds out the entire girly-smut industry is like this.
>Twilight author a 45 year old man.
>Etc
Dunno where to go with it from there.
>>
>>63240263
Well what I had it originally that his best friend killed himself and didn't give a reason, the last conversation that they had and his best friend seemed perfectly happy and he was the one that was dour.
>>
>>63240507
That's actually a hilarious premise, and I want to see where it goes from there.
>>
>>63240507
That's been done before.
>>
>>63240547
It has? What movie? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>63239761
I feel like this would be best as an episode of the twilight zone
>>
I've been tossing around an idea for a series its still pretty early in so there's still a lot to work on

The premise is that the series starts during Charlemagne's saxon wars specifically the burning of the Irminsul. The series follows a frankish warrior who during the burning is cursed to never die. So for the first few years he doesn't realize it until everyone that he knows starts to die and then he decides to travel so he doesn't get burned as a witch. The rest of the series deals with him being involved in different events in the world in a minor role and having to abandon everything every so often.

I really wanna work with the fact that as time went on it would become harder and harder for him to disappear till he winds up being caught in modern time and sent on a journey in space since they wouldn't have to worry about him dying. I feel like the series would be also one long evolution of a character.
>>
I have an idea for how time travel could work in a movie.

A for a time machine to work it needs to send you in space and in time. Because the universe expands, galaxies move, stars move, and the earth moves sending you back just in time would cause you to be stuck in the middle of space. Also to go back in time you have to match a certain velocity. So you don't smash yourself into the earth. However the universe is pretty big so calculating your location and velocity would be near impossible. This is where my idea comes into play. You go back in time (fixed amount of time) however you are given a random space and velocity in space. Since it is random 99.999999999999...9% of the time you will just die. But when you go back in time you come with a device. If the device is not activate in lets say 30 minutes you will revert back in time before you even went. So if you died things would be fine. Even your experience(if you had one) would be wiped. So the machine will send you back in time over and over again until it gets to the point where you want to go.

Dying or ending up in the wrong place = failure state.

Failure state = revert back in time before you went and retry

The device could be something hard to activate and only the traveler could figure it out in 30 mins. For example a combo lock.

I just want to create a time traveling premise w/o logical holes in it.
>>
>mfw I steel your screenplays and pitch them to my boss

The quality doesn't matter exactly, I just need to keep giving him screenplays on a weekly basis.
>>
>>63240556
While your specifics are original the general concept is not.

Still like the idea
>>
It's basically an art-house dark comedy survival horror. Two male character archetypes get trapped in a pit, in the middle of the woods in the 1950s or 60s. The extrovert and introvert, obviously, one totally assured of their survival and possibly that things will be even BETTER now that they've overcome this "obstacle", and the other simply trying to deal with the fact that they are both clearly near death and going to die. They engage in darkly comical arguments about their worldviews, physical violence (with underlying homoeroticism, though nothing explicit), and powerful, cosmic dreamlike hallucinations which cause them to start either making stick figures and mud sculpture, or digging the pit even DEEPER. Eventually the one convinced they would die is convinced they are in a sort of hellish purgatory, while the other man decides he can take it no longer, and begs the other to kill him. He obliges, and mercy kills him, but the next day he is rescued, despite his screams and pleading to leave him for dead.

When he gets pulled out of the pit by a rope, the shot gets flipped, so it looks like he's getting pulled down further, into blinding white light.
>>
>>63241894
>When he gets pulled out of the pit by a rope, the shot gets flipped, so it looks like he's getting pulled down further, into blinding white light.
That's a pretty neat idea. Ending reminds me of The Mist.
>>
>>63241930
Thanks, I think my overall idea is definitely inspired by the Mist, and other surreal horror like Under the Skin inspired by the beginning of There Will be Blood, where Daniel Plainview is in the pit all alone in the middle of nowhere, mining for silver, and has to pull himself out after he breaks his leg. Probably my favorite part of all of PTA's work, and he's my favorite director. Also, there's a short film called Mama that's definitely worth checking out if you like my ideas.
>>
>>63241774

>that's been done before
>while the specifics are original the general concept is not

Just fuck off you stupid douchebag.
>>
>>63240507

This is a funny idea. Well done.

The end twist is that Tom Clancy is a woman.
>>
A film on the horrible experience of working in retail.
I had intended it to be a dark comedy and having recently watched Stephen Chow's movies I am more cemented in this.
>>
>>63241894

Are you going to name the characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
>>
>>63243615
How was I being a douchebag?
>>
I'm writing a film about a writer who has no talent, hates his existence and is a sour bitter person who no one wants to be around. He tries to write a screenplay alone in his room but constantly trashes it. Eventually, he finds an idea he likes but halfway through it he becomes sick of it and trashes it too. The film abruptly ends there.
>>
>>63243967
Adaptation / Barton Fink
>>
>>63243675
I think there's a lot of films about retail. It's only horrible if it's compelling.
>>
>no one is trying to make a new Weekend at Bernies
>>
File: image.jpg (939 KB, 2517x1508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
939 KB, 2517x1508
It about the British operation in Syria. I call it Lawrence of Arabia. Lawrence is an Arab immigrant who has been living in London. We start shooting in early 2016.
>>
The film opens with Chris' legendary video from his 25th birthday. After that we follow Chris in both the dark, depressing real world, and in the Sonichu world (animated in the Sonichu style) where he is Sonichu's dad, mayor of CWCville and the coolest guy in the universe. We see the history of Chris getting trolled and bullied and victimized, but we also see him be a hateful, racist, aggressive, homophobic, mentally insane, semi-sex offending manchild. Eventually Chris is arrested and he gets convicted for his Gamestop freakout. At first he gets teased in prison but after a while the inmates start giving him some slack when they realize he's mentally handicapped and abusing him leads to nothing and raping him is no fun. After being released Chris arrives home and finds out Barb has passed away. The first few weeks Chris dines at McDonald's, but after he runs out of money(no savings and no more tugboat) he doesn't know how to acquire food. He calls Cole but Cole tells him to go fuck himself. As Chris starves the Sonichu world begins to fade since the real world pain has become too much to handle. In an act of final desperation Chris dusts off his Sega Genesis and cartridge of the orginal Sonic. At night while playing Sonic Chris passes away. While the real Chris lies dead on the floor of the Branchland Court home, the Sonichu world Chris gets congratulated by Sonichu. All the people Chris has met in his life and have appeared in his comics come up to him and celebrate his existence. A previously unseen woman and girl come up to him: A sweetheart from the ground up and Chris' little daughter named Crystal. Together the three walk off into the sunset. The film then ends on archive footage of Chris winning the Sonic Watch and Win sweepstakes.
>>
>>63241894
Like 127 Hours, the comedy?
>>
>>63244001
Neither of those films end abruptly.
>>
>>63233951
It's only four pages, so it's hard to really say anything.

We don't really know the characters, the dialogue is garbage, the whole "hey I just found this impossible super secret prototype lying around at this place where I mop the floors. Isn't that WEIRD?" is borderline parody.

Shorts are a really weird thing, because I don't really ever want to watch a short, especially if it's longer than five minutes. Here we already waste four pages sort of meandering around. I mean, what's the story about? Is all this fluff build up really needed? This feels like a scene out of a feature, not the start of a short.

Don't just leave your projects hanging. FINISH THEM. This goes to everyone in the thread. I always see half-baked ideas, but no actual work.

>hey man, wouldn't it be cool if there was a movie and like JESUS crash landed in an ALIEN SPACESHIP, but he's like DEAD. And so the whole world has to decide if he's real or not and everyone is sort of having a existential crisis and converting to Christianity. Then in the end, there's like more aliens.

I mean, fuck you that's not a film. Who's our protagonist? What does he want? What's stopping him? What does he learn? What does he overcome.
>>
>>63229068
kek
>>
Neo-Noir adaptation of Wiseau's The Room retaining all original dialogue
>>
>>63243678
what about Vladimir and Estragon
>>
>>63237880
You need to learn how to write a logline (it's vague as fuck and doesn't cover what a logline needs to cover - look it up), which means you aren't ready to write a screenplay. It's research time, then do an outline following the three act structure.

What is the dark path that the drifter sets the librarian on?
>>
>>63227945
I like this idea. I don't think it would be well-received by normies though.

Does it have to be just aftermath? Maybe the two of them could have some backstory together or something.
>>
File: meamz.jpg (213 KB, 900x480) Image search: [Google]
meamz.jpg
213 KB, 900x480
I'm starting the "Meme Cinematic Universe," Each movie is a different website.

Basically a boy gets sucked into a computer and has to save the memes.

The Meme Walker: 4chan
The Meme Walker: Reddit
The Meme Walker: Tumblr
>>
>>63245939
Le Meme Walker
>>
>>63245939
"Meme Wars" is an Avengers style team movie where all the sites fight each other.
>>
>>63245939
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853693/
>>
>>63245994
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853693/

i was trolling, but wtf
>>
>>63245994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6cRA18fVlc
>>
So I only had this idea about 5 min ago and its a wip. That being said it details the events following the dissaperance of a teenager in a small town. The story follows the 2 best friends of said teen as they try to use their wit and knowledge of the town to track down the kid or atleast cope (with the dissaperance), only to each succumb to the burden of emotional loss and the fragile nature of friendship. It'll be a semi modern commentsry on social media bs, vapid intentions as well as empathy in the modern age. It'll probably be semi pretentious, not my intention but I feel like its a bit unavoidable. The story is more about the characters than the dissaperance as each has a unique semi-complex personality and social circle. The characters will most likely devolve over time until one may overcome whatever there biggest downfall is. I know its generic
>>
>>63246023
Disappearance of someone is generic. Child detectives also.

But it's really based on execution and how you end it. It's easy to say "unique semi-complex personality and social circle" but that doesn't convince anyone.

Brick is a great example of this type of film.
>>
Alright, it's just in the early stages of ideas, but I think it's presentable.

>The Gentleman's Guide to the 21st Century
>Action/Comedy
>It's about this old-fashioned british gentleman, he's the most stereotypical example of one, super polite, tall, handsome guy with a fedora, suit and waistcoat, cane/umbrella, that shit. He's the type of guy that says ''m'lady'' unironically.
>Travels to America, his late aunt left him all her possessions
>When he goes to the bank to deal with her money, the place gets robbed
>But it quickly turns out to not be just a simple heist
>Another faction enters the bank to seize the vault
>Then comes SWAT
>Place turns into a warzone
>The Gentleman and a group of people desperately try to escape, time and time again, and it always fails with someone in the group dying
>He narrates the movie, under the pretense of teaching how to be gentleman, it really is a ''guide''.
>It has a set of rules, like in Zombieland, stuff like ''A gentleman never curses'', ''A gentleman is never rude'', etc..
>For comedic purposes and character development, he breaks every single one of them under the stress and struggle to survive
>End of the movie has him as the sole survivor of his group, and he's a completely changed man, he's rude, he doesn't give a shit anymore, and all his morals and values have been changed
>He manages to escape
>There's some members of a gang outside, they point their weapons at him
>He sighs
>Bolivian Army Ending, in the credits you can hear people fighting and him struggling, but it doesn't appear he died
>Main point is how a really polite, gentleman-like guy would never survive in today's world

thoughts?
>>
>>63246491
Why does he go to America? Does he start there and it's backstory?

I like the idea, but that robbery has to be real good and thought out.

Maybe he has a golden rule and he breaks that one rule at the midpoint which starts his descent into madness.

>Main point is how a really polite, gentleman-like guy would never survive in today's world

As for this, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I mean, I kinda get it, but do you mean in business? In social settings?

What are you waiting for? Write it.
>>
a weeb goes to japan and it's not anything like he wanted
>>
Anyone else plan to thank /tv/ in their award acceptance speech? I'm going to thank all my /tv/ big guys and make the Pepe pose while holding my award.
>>
>>63247126
first of all i'd like to thank our producer for taking a chance on me and believeing in my script. he's a really big guy
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>63247183
>>
>>63246491
thanks for the idea mate
>>
>>63244434
To date the only one I know of is that fucking awful Dave Cook abortion.
>>
>>63246491
as demonstrated by the pressing need to swear and be rude when you're a bystander in a bank robbery
>>
>>63243678
I was thinking either John or Peter. There's a couple fishing metaphors I make, about Jesus being a "fisher of men" and then obviously one of them getting pulled out by a rope at the end. But the comparisons to Waiting for Godot and Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are obvious. Although to be honest, I think the biggest literary influence on it was probably the Wall by Jean-Paul Sartre.
>>
>>63231769
Fucking buuuuump.
>>
>>63243615
Holy fuck I hope you're not the guy who posted the idea, that other guy even said he liked it. I get that this is 4chan but relax bro.
>>
Runaway slave joins a native tribe, later becomes a wild west bounty hunter.

Would work better as a graphic novel.

A young Pam Grier being my muse.
>>
>>63249793
Also working on a Mexican paramedic/cartel hit man type thing.
>>
>>63249793
Have been in the process of taking out the bounty hunter bit, & transitioning it to more of a curator of a home for wayward girls.
>>
Okay, lets see if you guys can help. im trying to write a pilot, I have the entire series sort of planned out (who dies when, who is the antagonist each season or so, what happens at the end) but I have a problem with filling in the "empty" spots.

like the pilot I have is only like 24 pages, and I basically said all I have to say for the pilot.
>>
is it too edgy if I want to write about torture in Abu Ghraib Prison, make it look like Salo or Cannibal Holocaust kind of approach. the real incident in the prison itself is solid sadist thriller desu
>>
>>63234240
Any longer than that and it would be terrible. If you can read the story in 10 minutes, it shouldnt be any longer than 15 on film.
>>
I want to get back into it. Anyone have an idea I can write?
>>
>>63245894
I considered having them have background, but then it just makes the shooter's motivations seem a little...i dunno, cheesy? I'm writing him so he's channeling his frustration into the guy who stopped him, using him as a scapegoat. In turn, the guy's pushing that anger back at him.
>>
File: abu ghraib.jpg (31 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
abu ghraib.jpg
31 KB, 220x293
>>63252302
film poster probably look like this, or inspired by this
>>
>>63251263
Stop thinking big. Stop planning ten seasons and a movie like a kid day dreaming of his epic war fantasy.

How the fuck can your show be good if you don't even have enough material to come up with for a pilot? If your premise is good, it will be seeping with ideas.

We can't help you without giving us more specifics. What is it about?
>>
>>63252412
Christina Hendricks plays a Nazi officer in some random concentration camp.
Alison Brie plays the beautiful young naive prisioner, recently brought in.
Hendricks starts to fall for her, starts to go crazy in a fight between what she wants and ''what's right''
They both fall in love and plan an escape
Obligatory sex scene.

Rest is up to you
>>
>>63243678
Kek

Once tried to write a script similar to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern but for YA dystopias. Never finished it, but I still enjoy the idea.
>>
>>63252648
Well its about a bank robber who got thrown in jail for probably around 15 years and comes out to see the world is very different, and is resorted to go back to his old ways.

I do have a ideas, its just that I dont want to introduce too many things within the pilot, I want to make it slow burn, but not have useless scenes.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (44 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
44 KB, 306x480
I have a movie idea, hear me out.

Our protagonist is a regular but competent guy, probably a police officer (think John McClane). He accidentally discovers a huge government conspiracy that will lead to many people getting killed and someone receiving a lot of money (details of the conspiracy aren't important, it's a plot device).

He tries to take this to his higher-ups but it turns out the conspiracy goes deep and everyone is corrupted. He becomes a fugitive as corrupt government agents and mercenaries try to bring him down and he is slandered in the media as a mad man. He manages to get some people to believe him and join him.

As he is trying to uncover the conspiracy he has to kill many corrupt cops/agents and causes significant amount of property damage. There is also the main bad guy, who is maybe the head of the CIA, he is always one step ahead of our hero and they have several direct confrontations.

And here comes the twist. At the end, the protagonist is inches away from uncovering the conspiracy when the villain shows up and they talk.

And here comes the TWIST!

We learn that there wasn't any conspiracy after all. The protagonist was indeed a mad man running around killing innocent people and honest police officers. The villain wasn't a villain, he was just a competent law enforcement guy trying to put a stop to this mayhem. He kills our "protagonist" and is hailed as a hero.

The end.

could this work?
>>
I have an idea or three. I know a guy who works security at a fancy hotel and I'd kinda base it off of him. He's a full on pervert and shit, so it'd be about him going into peoples rooms when they're gone.
>>
File: 1428247184692.jpg (39 KB, 345x341) Image search: [Google]
1428247184692.jpg
39 KB, 345x341
What is good way to generate ideas
>>
>>63252987
Thought of a good way off the top of my head

Watch the shittiest movies and say how you can do better, theres a lot of shit movies so your bound to find something
>>
I have a dilemma, wherein I want to write stylish crime comedies, but I'm aware that they'll turn out exactly like any other 18 year old writing one of these: shitty, ripping off Tarantino to an unhealthy degree, laughably bad dialogue, etc.

Should I just write it regardless, and fix it in future drafts?
>>
>>63252887
sounds like Sleep Tight
try to watch it, you might able to refer a few bits from that
>>
>>63247126
"I'd like to thank everyone involved in this script, and a huge shout out to the Big Guys on 4chan's /tv/ board..."

And wait to see how long it takes for me to get dragged off stage.
>>
File: 1428386167792.png (77 KB, 515x369) Image search: [Google]
1428386167792.png
77 KB, 515x369
>>63253181
>One of us WILL make it
>He will forget us
>He won't thank us
>>
>>63252987
Be right side minded or just consume media until you start generating ideas

>>63253209
I promise that i ever make it, i'll come back here and shitpost with you guys
>>
>>63225643
Writing something called dinosaur motorcycle cops.

Clearly it'll change the industry and be genre breaking.
>>
>>63253043

Yes
>>
>>63252878
>it was all a dream!
>he was just crazy!
>it was his FATHER!

Nah, fuck you.
>>
>>63252887
And?
>>
>>63253258
Oh okay.
>>
>>63253259

I'm not talking crazy like he had halucinations and couldn't control his actions.

More like he saw something, mistook it for something else, was a little too paranoid etc.
Basically a big misunderstanding.
>>
>>63240507
As a fellow writer.

I approve of this idea.

Especially since i'm considering writing girl-smut and self-publishing under a pseudonym myself.

The problem is from finding out the entire girly smut industry is like this.

Do more Therefore/But. and you might come up with an ending.

Maybe he ousts the entire industry. or comes out as a male writer.
Maybe he gets his big break or falls back into anonymity. Who knows!? Well you do, it's your story.
>>
Thinking of writing a horror that fucks with the audience as much as it does the characters.

I wanna do this mainly through camera techniques and weird editing/effects. Like the Insanity bar in Eternal Darkness, it makes you feel as though you're going as insane as the characters.

Plot wouldn't be anything new, but the way of telling it would be.
>>
>>63225643

SHARK SOLDIERS!

100 years ago the Earth was under fucking attack by fucking aliens!
Humans where losing like shit, until they came up with a solution using science to turn human soldiers into animal-human hybrids.
We get Lion soldiers, Wolf soldiers, anything your yiff ass can imagine.
They fight the aliens and turn the tide of the war
The Shark legion proves to be the most effective of all and manage to destroy the alien mothership and end the war.
The whole planet is saved, the beast soldiers are told to return to their original forms via science.
They all agree to do it except the sharks who come to enjoy their new bodies.
They escape the military and get lost to the sea, they are lost to the world for 100 years until some people find a volcanic island that became the sharks home.
They have become a whole civilization of their own, even reproducing new shark-human hybrid horrors.
The movie deals with whether they should be accepted as they are to the world or if they should be exterminated.
>>
>>63253069
Will do. Thank you.
>>63253284
And that's all I have for 30 seconds of pondering the idea.
>>
>>63253354
I'd prefer it if the idea was more along the lines of the conspiracy all along was just tricking someone into doing all that shit as a catalyst for the conspiracy.

>you were my pawn all along
etc etc.

Still though, I've grown to hate twists at the end of a movie.
>>
Affirmative: High School rom-com centered around a slacker and his girlfriend who is much better academically than him. Slacker gets insecure that his girlfriend will be going to college and getting plowed by rich ivy guys so he lies and says that he's a black, transexual, war refugee on his application.
>>
>>63227945
Is it like The Sunset Limited?
>>
>>63253892
I dunno, maybe? Never seen it.
>>
>>63252987
Open up a word doc, set a timer for 5 minutes, and write whatever comes to mind.
>>
File: a97285_g182_9-chess-set.jpg (21 KB, 450x317) Image search: [Google]
a97285_g182_9-chess-set.jpg
21 KB, 450x317
>>6322564
Remember kids if you want to join the /swg/ screenwriting group on skype, you must meet the following requirements:
Have at least contacts with an independent production studio (Not having a cousin as an extra that doesn't count)
Have 1-2 Imdb credits
Have written a script which has been used in a film festival.
Once all the criteria have been met, your invite will be considered whilst auteurs make a decision to include you, the waiting period is normally 1-3 days so be patient!
>>
File: 1418650782343.jpg (64 KB, 564x518) Image search: [Google]
1418650782343.jpg
64 KB, 564x518
>>63255316
o-okay
>>
>>63226353
if you have the equipment, look up some (wannabe) filmmakers in your area and offer your gear to them. if you don't have the gumption to make stories with them, help out with filming.

message to your depression: you have everything you need to start making shit NOW, all you need is people. once you reach out to someone and set a date and time to meet, you'll force your gears to start up. unless you're emotionally crippled by NEETdom
>>
>>63249121

Don't tell me to fucking relax. Don't you ever. You relax man

But seriously why would you initially respond with such a dismissal? Every idea deals with some general concept that has been done before. That's the name of the game. And no I'm not the guy with idea. I'm sorry I called you a douchebag. I said I'm sorry okay I said it
>>
I'd love to post mine, but I can't figure out how to make it into a PDF from Final Draft 9.
>>
>>63255356

don't take his bait family
>>
>>63225643
My grammar is too terrible to post any of my 'work'
>>
>>63229523

>manlets

when will they learn?
>>
>>63249793
Runaway Slave element + Curator thing sounds a lot more interesting. The bounty hunter element has already been trivialized by Tarantino.
>>
Just practicing on a horrorscript and short films. Dream project is a period Ezra Pound biopic
>>
Already posted but I'm now actually writing, which is a first for me.
Probably thanks to this thread, so thank you.
First draft of my first screenplay ever. Any advice?
>>
>>63259606
Remember to finish it before having people review it.

It's best to know where your end is first. That way you can know where you're headed.
>>
>>63257078
Jealous reject detected.
>>
Has anyone got a torrent of a somewhat recent version of Fade In. I'm stuck on version 1.2
>>
Vamp
>>
>>63234238
so you're going to films
>>
File: burnside.jpg (25 KB, 200x288) Image search: [Google]
burnside.jpg
25 KB, 200x288
A Captain America movie based on the character of William Burnside (50s Cap, a failed attempt by Marvel in order to mantain the Captain America figure during anti-communist war propaganda, he was later revived as a villain)

I always thought a movie about William Burnside, would be interesting

>Back story on how they brainwashed him into believing he was Steve with some help of the Tesseract and SHIELD Psychotherapy/Hypnotherapy especialists
>Induced with one of their stocks of Super Solider serums
>He starts believing he's the real Steve/Captain America, and the goverment asign him with a young teenager under the Bucky guise
>He participates in shit like the Vietnam War and the Gulf War on America's side
>His discovery of the United States' goverment intents and secrets during several events at the Cold War combined with "Bucky" dying in the Vietnam War, makes Burnside insane.
>He decides that he needs to dissect and reconstruct the concepts of democracy
>Forms H.A.M.M.E.R (I couldn't go with HYDRA, AIM and they're most likely not going to use HAMMER in the post-Civil War movies by the route they are going with SHIELD's sudden reappereance in Avengers 2)
>Burnside drops the name Captain America and goes instead with "Nomad", yet still believing he's Steve
>Commits acts of terrorism throughout America's territories tho it remains classified and is also believed to be dead after a fight with an established hero at the time (Hank Pym Ant-Man and Wasp possibility)
>After many years, he mantains his HAMMER activities on hideout
>Gets pissed once he finds out about the true Steve Rogers, whom he believes is just a phony setup
>Decides to go public again
>Whole movie is about s old strong "Steve" against Young fuccboi Steve
>>
I just finished the teaser trailer for a short film I wrote, I'll post the link when I drop the video at 8 -- criticize my editors editing and what not
>>
File: captura-de-pantalla-2015-01-12.png (404 KB, 615x609) Image search: [Google]
captura-de-pantalla-2015-01-12.png
404 KB, 615x609
what it's your drug for writting?
>>
>>63262540
energy drinks.
>>
>>63234134
GH4 cheap and versatile. I enjoy it.
>>
>>63262540
good music
>>
>>63263568
mah nigga
>>
>>63262540
Alcohol, ciggerettes, coffee and music.

It'd probably be cocaine and modafnil if I was a successful writer.

Anything to get shit done.
>>
>>63262540
Honestly I just gotta be in the mood for it

Caffiene helps, though. The jitteriness puts my fingers on edge, so I can type as fast as I think.
>>
Okay guys I'm working this sci-fi religious concept for a short film I'm doing. Let me know how to improve:

MC meets this Lady. Shortly after, they discover that a comet is coming for earth and everyone on the planet will die in 1 hr. The Lady convinces the MC to rob someone and steal their drugs.

They both take drugs and MC brings her to his apartment. The Lady tries to have sex with MC, but MC accidentally spills some water on her and the Lady is revealed to be the Devil. MC runs to his roomate and they both use crosses to ward the devil away. The meteor strikes and everyone dies.

What do you think?
>>
>>63264001
Really excellent. Utterly nihilistic and smart.
>>
>>63264001
Ehh, I'm going to take out the drugs part.
>>
>>63256956
Ben?
>>
>>63263568
Hello Reddit
>>
>>63253391
Thanks for the advice.

>>63243642
>The end twist is that Tom Clancy is a woman.
Either that or JK Rowling runs the secret organization, because she wants to write girl-smut but can't because she wrote Harry Potter so she was the first to use an actress to sell smut.
>>
another 200 reply screenplay pleb thread where they think plot summaries are screenplays

way to really break away from that pleb stereotype, /tv/.
>>
File: 1423460157103.jpg (99 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423460157103.jpg
99 KB, 400x400
>>63264912
>>
>>63262046
https://twitter.com/oscargeezus/status/672229635258753024
>>
>>63265764
bad music choice, and I can already tell there are going to be some pretty wooden performances and poorly written scenes.

production value and cinematography look nice though. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>63225643
>MEET MAX LANDIS
Is he in this thread?
>>
>>63265894

What gives you that impression?

More specifically what scene made you feel as if it would've been poorly written?

Also, I'd like to add that all the people in the film are/were relatively successful in competitive highschool acting events.
>>
>>63257017
File "save as PDF"
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.