[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones Season 7 confirmed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
HBO has not officially announced Season 7

Omaze and Bono just gave it up

>The Grand Prize Winner and a guest will tour the incredible sound stages where Game of Thrones is filmed. The visit will include a chance to visit the armory to see the actual weapons used in the series and learn how they are created, the costume department to see the myriad of cast and extra costumes, and to get a peek at the workrooms where the wardrobe, metal and leather work is created. Last but not least, the winner will see Throne Room and take a seat on the actual Iron Throne used in the series.

>According to the webpage, the trip is scheduled to happen somewhere between July and December of 2016, meaning that the winner will be visiting the set while the cast and crew are filming Season 7. Who knows what crazy stuff they’ll be shooting by that point?

The deadline to enter is January 21, 2016.

#GetHyped
>>
>>63225534
Not even hyped for GOT after last season.

Fargo is vastly superior.
>>
>>63225534

>There's gonna be a s7 of GoT

No shit and who cares?
>>
>>63225609
i don know, maybe people who enjoy discussing /tv/ and film?

go shitpost another bane thread, its all you're good for
>>
Hyped for what? Books are shit. Shows shit. Only memorable thing last season was the 30m CGI battle and that girls tits.

They'll milk this thing as long as they can, no reason not to.
>>
>>63225579
There is literally nothing else good to watch and GoT isn't bad. Fargo is just fucking perfect and kind of distorts your perception of quality.
>>
>>63225663
>Only memorable thing last season was the 30m CGI battle and that girls tits.

this is the same community that thinks fargo is the greatest show on tv

L O L
>>
>>63225648

>bait shill thread about web contest for reddit shit show whose fanbase has to be quarantined because they are so fucking annoying

>discussing tv and film

pick one and only one
>>
>>63225752
theres no baiting or shilling, i didnt even post a link and only someone who frequents reddit regularly is capable of calling out one of their own

now type some more meme arrows
>>
>>63225534
HBO execs talked about season 7 like it's already in the books (pun intended) and it's only a matter of whether we're getting an 8th season or not. Most likely we are getting an 8th and it will be the final season.
>>
>>63225795

literally what is the point of this thread?
>>
>>63225871
oh yes i know its pretty much a forgone conclusion but nothing has been officially announced. this is the first absolute confirmation of a 7th season and i honestly feel they will split season 8 into 2 short seasons. maybe 6 to 8 eps each with a break

>>63225905
to show enthusiasm for a popular tv show. what is the point of your existence. if you dont like this thread or want to see it, just fucking hide it already you wanker
>>
>>63225956

you are the perfect example of a boring GoT fan

let me guess, you're also a big fan of Star Wars, you probably bought Battlefront. possibly a fan of Dr. Who but more likely The Walking Dead. you also have 1 or more pop culture reference t-shirts in your wardrobe and maybe even some sort of TBBT merch somewhere in your room.
>>
>>63226067
im ok with star wars, its permeated pop culture but i dont even have a gaming rig. never seen a singe ep of dr. who and dropped TWD mid-season 1. i have the same clothing for every day of the week and the tshirt is blank.

is that all you got?
>>
>>63226324

>I have the same clothing for every day of the week and the tshirt is blank

did you learn to dress from an /r9k/ style guide? Also, don't you have a job?
>>
Game of Thrones is shit.

Read the books.
>>
>>63225676
Not him, but I enjoy both, GoT is just a guilty pleasure, it's good for shitposting. I don't see Fargo filling that niche, despite being perfect. I'd say if someone is looking for something to watch instead of GoT he might want to check out Last Kingdom.
>>
>>63228201
Last Kingdom is a fucking clinic in how to make a tv show with no fat whatsoever.

I just get salty because I really didn't like the last two seasons of GOT, but everyone else won't shut up about it.
>>
>>63225579
Last season was pretty terrible, but they have set themselves up to have a very eventful 6th season. If they somehow botch this season, then I'm officially done with the show unless GRRM dies before he is able to finish the series and the show ends up being all we have left.
>>
>>63226067
Why do you feel guilty about watching GoT?

Can someone objectively explain to me why the show gets some much hate on this board?
>>
worst show of all time
>>
>>63225534
Wow I for one am astonished to hear that this commercially successful show will be renewed for yet another season. I assume they would cancel it before finishing the story rather than be forced to make a crapload of cash.
>>
>>63230537
Can you explain why you feel that way? I'm genuinely curious. Could you recommend some better programming to me? What is your favorite TV show?
>>
>>63230599
tv is for plebs

i only watch foreign cinema
>>
>>63230486
>unless
How many years has he been allegedly writing the latest book?
>>
Senpai, D&D already confirmed 8 seasons like months ago

Can we finally bring /got/ back now?
>>
>>63230671
I hear what you're saying, but 67 isn't that old. We're definitely going to get TWOW before he dies unless he gets shot or dies in a car accident or something. It's possible that he'll live to be 80 and release ADOS in 2028.
>>
Game of thrones finale will be a series of movies.
>>
>>63230684
Fuck off
>>
>>63230735
Wow I assumed he was older than that. At any rate, he doesn't strike me as a man who takes care of himself; I'm thinking he skips cardio days at the gym and is stuck in bulking mode. Not healthy.
>>
>>63230749
I doubt it, 2 episodes of GoT is the same length as a movie. They'd have a difficult time telling a full story within 2 hours, D&D have already cut a ton of material to be able to tell the show in a format that tells a book's worth of story in 10 hours. They wouldn't be able to directly translate the last 2 episodes of a season into a movie because a movie needs to tell a full story, even if it's part of a greater whole. People who didn't watch the first 8 episodes of that season wouldn't enjoy it, so what would be the point?
>>
>>63230866
Yeah, he doesn't seem very healthy, but he certainly has the money to afford the best medical care in the world. I'm hoping that'll be enough to keep him around long enough to finish. Plus I've seen a few of my family members/grandma's close friends live into their late 70s even though they took terrible care of themselves. I guess I'm just optimistic.
>>
>>63230986
>>Game of thrones finale will be a series of movies.
>They'd have a difficult time telling a full story within 2 hours
>>
>>63231101
So how many movies do you think they'll make? What would be the run time of these movies?
>>
>>63231136

However many they want?
What the fuck kind of question is that?
>>
>>63231180
Buddy, you're the one coming up with a crackpot theory here, I'm just asking you to explain it. It's not a good fit for the story they've been telling and D&D have explicitly said they'd never do that. If you're going to assert bullshit, you need to back it up.
>>
>>63231215
>crackpot theory

A one sentence post is a crackpot theory?
>>
>>63231274
Yeah, it is. You can express a crackpot theory in one sentence easily. For instance, "Martians did 9/11," would be a crackpot theory expressed in one sentence.
>>
>>63231395

Wow anon. Bravo.
>>
>>63231461
Why are you even posting? If you didn't want to talk about your idea, why reply after your initial post?

I'm honestly curious about how GoT could be translated to the big screen. The most I've ever seen a single book split up for a movie before was one book into two movies. Making a series of movies out of one book would be challenging, and I honestly don't think it'd be a good fit, but I wanted to hear why you think it will happen. You don't have to be so defensive, I just wanted to have a conversation.
>>
>>63231577

... which posts do you think are mine anon?
>>
>>63231628
I thought I was talking to one guy about his theory that GoT's finale would be a series of movies. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, it's an easy mistake to make when I'm only getting one reply per comment.

Why don't you just tell me which posts are yours?
>>
>>63231677
>a one sentence post is a theory.
>>
>>63231101
And by the way, I suppose I should have been clearer about this, but even if they did do 4-5 movies to replace the final season of GoT, they'd still need to be able to tell a full story with some semblance of a conclusion in each movie. That's just because of the way movies are consumed.
>>
>>63231720
So you're saying that only these,

>>63231274
>>63231461
>>63231628
>>63231720

posts are yours? In that case, tell me why you don't think a theory can be expressed in one sentence. It might not be a fleshed out and well supported theory, but it is a theory none the less.
>>
>>63225534
Well did anybody really doubt it? I mean the HBO exec already said they're planning 8 seasons, and if D&D agreed they'd go to 10
>>
>>63230524
>Can someone objectively explain to me why the show gets some much hate on this board?

Contrarianism and pack mentality. It's funny because the live threads for the show have over 100 posters, as do the post episode discussion, yet I guess people feel cool and intelligent if they shit on what's most popular.

And before anybody pops up, I understand season 5 was quite a disappointment (except Hardholme)
>>
>>63231788
You are the shining example of everything wrong with this board.
>no more than one person can disagree with me
>>
>>63231897
hardhome sucked, same pack mentality and teenaged boys who think ozymandias is the greatest episode of any tv show ever

GoT is a drama with an elaborate world and compelling characters and /tv/ wants it to be a CGI wankfest instead
>>
>>63231991
>hardhome sucked

That's just like your opinion man, I loved the gothic horror feeling at moments, and the dead silence at the end as they slowly drifted away.

I mean even if you didn't enjoy the content, surely you at least appreciate the craft that went into it? It took a months filming in tough conditions, and it was shot very well in order to not need over-reliance on CGI that would ruin the atmosphere
>>
>>63231972
I actually barely post on this board. I'm not really sure what you're implying. Just because I thought I was talking to one person that is a huge problem? Why is that a problem? Hell, I even asked which posts yours were so I could have a better understanding of who I was talking to.

Also, not that I think you're lying, but that picture proves nothing.

Really, assholes that do nothing put post short condescending disagreements are the problem with 4chan in general. You people are the reason we can't have good discussions anymore.

And while I'm at it, one of Merriam-Webster's definitions of theory is:

>an idea that is suggested or presented as possibly true but that is not known or proven to be true

One sentence can definitely fulfill that definition.
>>
>>63231991
Yeah, I didn't like Hardhome for pretty much the exact reasons you stated. People that only watch GoT for the big battle scenes are the problem with TV in general.
>>
>>63232188

You should really look into what it takes to quantify a THEORY.
>>
>>63232294
You should really learn how to use a dictionary. The word, "theory," doesn't always have to refer to a theory in the scientific sense.
>>
>>63232308

Anyone with a brain doesn't need to fucking google the definition of a theory. Let that sink it anon.
>>
>>63232367
It's funny that you say that, because it really seems like you need to Google that definition. I only did it for you buddy, I tried to explain to you that you didn't understand the word, "theory," without pulling up a dictionary for you, but you just couldn't grasp it. I thought a dictionary definition might help you out since you obviously have a problem grasping the fact that a word can have more than one definition.
>>
>>63232438

You regurgitated a google definition.
That's it.
>>
>>63232482
See
>>63231395
I tried to explain it in the simplest possible way, with a comparison.

It's really funny that you're trying to make fun of me for pulling up a dictionary for your benefit. You're the one that doesn't understand the word.
>>
this thread is hilarious

>>63232560
>You're the one that doesn't understand the word.

pot
kettle
>>
>>63232615
Please, explain to me why one sentence can't fulfill the definition of the word, "theory." I'll wait.

Pro tip though, you can't.
>>
>>63232641

Because no theory - EVER - has been accepted as fact with a single sentence as the only evidence.

You are an idiot, through and through.
>>
File: EvilGrinchywinchy.gif (1 MB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
EvilGrinchywinchy.gif
1 MB, 500x363
>this fucking thread
>>
>>63232713
It doesn't have to be accepted as fact to be a theory. It just has to be an idea that is asserted as true but is not known to be true. That's what a theory is. Sure, if you want a theory to become accepted as fact, you're going to need to supply a bunch of evidence, but that doesn't change the fact that one sentence can still be a theory, albeit an unsupported one. You're a moron if you can't grasp that.
>>
>>63232817
>It doesn't have to be accepted as fact to be a theory.

You're right. Only idiots would even try to argue it.
>>
>>63232866
Idiots often come up with idiotic theories. It doesn't mean that their idiotic theories aren't theories.
>>
>>63232899
>Idiots often come up with idiotic theories.

says the idiots taking a single sentence and thinking it's a theory.
>>
File: 1447683489817.jpg (342 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1447683489817.jpg
342 KB, 1260x1782
>it's a jon autist thread
>>
>>63232934
You still don't understand words do you? I don't even know how I'm supposed to talk to you if you don't know what the words you use mean. Yes, by definition, "Game of thrones finale will be a series of movies," is a theory. It is a simple and unsupported theory, but a theory none the less.

Honestly, if you're still in school, go drop out and apply for a job at McDonalds right now. There is no need for you to waste any more money on your education, no one is going to be able to help you.
>>
>>63233010

You've spent the last hour? 2? Arguing with someone you don't even know about a sentence.

>Honestly, if you're still in school, go drop out and apply for a job at McDonalds right now.
The fucking irony I swear.
>>
>>63232281
>people that don't do things the way I do are a problem
>I'm so smart and special look at me
Yes lad
>>
GoT is proof that a show can't last if you keep killing off loved characters
>>
>>63232934
Yes top b8 lad makin good use of this fine day
>>
>>63233010
He has been baiting u this entire time brutha, ur a silly Willy
>>
And people wonder why GoT thread bans exist.
>>
File: Knipsel.png (3 KB, 333x54) Image search: [Google]
Knipsel.png
3 KB, 333x54
>be me
>fan of the show and the books
>big dream for me to meet the crew and cast an go to the set
>Want to go to Croatia to see King's Landing set >Went to Malta instead because family
>2015 so no malta set of dothraki to see >chance to go to set with charity donation
>have money spared for charity finally useful >only 500 euros little chance
>see this (pic)
>resident of Belgium
>>
>>63235117

Ahahahaha
>>
>>63235117
tfw you will never have to chance to have a discussion with D&D about their writing
>>
>>63235619
>to chance
>wanna talk about writing

kek
>>
>>63235648

Stannis? is that you?
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.