[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if a person were given the physical strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: archer.png (645 KB, 600x1091) Image search: [Google]
archer.png
645 KB, 600x1091
What would happen if a person were given the physical strength and opportunity to become a superhero?
>>
>>63218902

You mean an average guy that got the Flying Brick package?

Would probably use it for the occasional bar trick before getting arrested for accidentally killing someone.
>>
>>63218960
I have a theory that just about any super power would turn me into a rapist. Whatever it is I'd go full rape with it.
>>
he would try to be hero for couple of days ,, then he will get bored and become supervillen
>>
probably be immediately detected and detained by homeland security

the government wouldnt let some random retard fly about like superman or even let the public know its possible
>>
>>63218902

Lots of rape, knowing you guys.
>>
If I were given powers like Superman?
I'd hold a press conference at the UN, and begin my speech with, "As your new king..."
>>
>>63218902
Become a villain, unless he actually was like pure of heart boy scout type.
>>
I'd kill every one in charge

every single person with power over at least a few thousand individuals would die, down to the lowest district managers up to the highest office in every country.

Entire world's leadership, Gone. And any one who was sitting around waiting for the oldfags to die so they could take their place to prevent them from doing just that.

Then I'd build a house on the moon and watch the chaos.
>>
File: 1448918148059.jpg (82 KB, 540x591) Image search: [Google]
1448918148059.jpg
82 KB, 540x591
They would get a twitter account and post pics hanging out with celebs and get the most followers of anyone and squander their gifts for self serving purposes while fringe fanatics create a religion after him/her

If theyre too powerful to be detained by the governments, that is
>>
>>63220406
The question isn't what YOU'D do. It's what the average person would do. No one on here is average
>>
>>63218902
i would just be a pro athlete and hide my powers
>>
>>63218902
I think they'd have been exposed to enough movies and stories that they'd have the choice to be an actual hero or a villain. But like that one anon said, the government would probably do everything in its power to kill them, detain, ruin their rep etc
>>
>>63218902
I would probably control the world , destroy part of the US military force as a show of power and then bark orders at every nation as i wish, the world would be a lot better belive me but Israel would be pretty pissed when i inevitably send them to the saharan desert, last thing i would get myself a harem of 50 women best of every corner the world and then kill adam sandler
>>
This is a good question for reddit OP. But it has nothing to do with /tv/.
>>
>>63218902
Depends, if he were superman levels of strong he would rule earth, if he were just a bit weaker he would get captured and experimented.
>>
>>63221212
This is the correct answer. Just straight up become the King of the world
>>
i would use it to get pussy and smirk at everyone who cant get as much pussy as me
>>
>>63219021
>rape
Honestly this. Sex is a huge (if not the hugest) driving force in life. If someone could get any superpower, that person (specially if a man) would definitely use it in some sexual way.
>>
>>63218902
>get superpower
>use it to get sex
>get bored of sex
>use it to get power
>get tired of power
>use it to unite world
>humans will never be "at peace" with each other
>become recluse

That's how I see it going anyway.
>>
don't let anybody know. use power to get money.
>>
>>63218902

Humans are inherently evil.

He would never be a hero.
>>
fap...in space!
>>
>>63222742

More like...

> Humans will never be "at peace"
> I must purge the wrong doing
> Start with bankers and politicians and shit, you feel like you are doing good
> Population becomes increasingly panicked
> The level of what you consider "wrong" becomes increasingly strict as your obsessions is not really helping the world
> You start using your powers to exterminate people for even minor shit like Jay Walking
> You end up Genociding all humans
>>
>>63218902
I personally would takeover North Korea.

I think the most reasonable answer is that the average person would end up working for the government in some way.
>>
File: The_Gladiator_movie_poster.jpg (19 KB, 203x324) Image search: [Google]
The_Gladiator_movie_poster.jpg
19 KB, 203x324
It depends on character. You could wind up
with the protagonist in this movie, or with general Zod.
>>
>>63222851
this probably or overdosing
>>
Chronicle

with more rape. probably.
>>
>average person
maybe try and become famous?

>me
rob banks and make money
>>
declare himself god emperor
>>
>>63218902
I would aquire currency, but would not bother with conquering the world, while technically you can do it, it's hard to belive that an average person would be smart enough to manage it in a proper way, eventually it will go to shit and become even worse than now.
>>
destroying powers in place and toppling governments wont help people unless you have the power to change the way they think

but then that would be mental slavery.
>>
Exterminate male and ugly female humans
Make an harem and dedicate the rest of my life to fuck them and make new baby half-heroes to repoblate the earth.

Make a new Olympus mostly.
>>
>>63218902
because of a genetic disease I have, my muscle fibres grow in higher concentration than usual, it consistency is similar to that of animals like apes. so I although looking slanky have a greater strength than a normal person would have looking like me, I however am not a bodybuilder just a regular guy working at an office smoking weed and fapping.
>>
>>63220449
>If theyre too powerful to be detained by the governments, that is

It'd be a constant battle with those shits from every government on the globe. It'd make life a living hell. You'd have to go proactive against them and hope you have a good PR campaign.
>>
destroy human civilization
>>
>>63224734
bodybuilders aren't that strong, lying child
>>
i know what id do, id become a dictator and weed out all of the right wing politicians, nationalists and patriots and send them to work camps until they died

at the same time id increase budget on education and health and completely cut out all military and defence spending

then the country would be full of ultra intelligent geniuses and we will reach the technological singularity and explore and bioterraform planets and moons
>>
>>63218902
Rape bitches. Get money.

That's what superheroes do, right?
>>
There are so many answers because, as cliché as it sounds, everyone is different. Even in this thread, every answer has been at least slightly different from the rest.
Personally I would use it exclusively for what I believed to be good. I would never use it to rape or steal or kill innocent people. I'd use it to earn money, but only through labouring in ways that normal people cant. I would save people and fight crime for free. I'd go and take down isis and fight gangs in Africa and bring food and medicine to starving children. But I'd do it all in my own time. I'd still live the life I'm living now and just deal with shit when im either bored or when I'm in the mood, or if its something big that only I can fix by acting right away.
>>
me? id serve crab legs
>>
If it's a normal person. The black guy and your man's cousin in Chronicle.
Anyone from /tv/. Dane DeHann in Chronicle.

Chronicle is basically this question explored. It's pretty good if you ignore the forced handheld camera, self-filming stuff.
>>
Original: The Plot

Write that first draft bro!
>>
>>63224973
>weed out all of the right wing politicians, nationalists and patriots and send them to work camps until they died
Enjoy your SJW society
>>
>>63225217
theyre also going, and feminists too

basically anyone from the daily mail comments section and most of reddit and tumblr

put it this way imagine how much better america would be if christianity didnt exist there
>>
File: Fant4stic.jpg (220 KB, 1384x2048) Image search: [Google]
Fant4stic.jpg
220 KB, 1384x2048
>>63218902
Pic related. That's the problem with it. Its so focused on Clark being so much like us that it stops being a Superman movie.
>>
>>63225408
isnt that part of what makes it so good though?
>>
>>63224598
This idea will backfire without a doubt. You would need some way to control your children just in case.
>>
>>63225408

That's what makes it better from an average Superman movie though
>>
>>63218960
>before getting arrested

>implying they can fucking touch you

military would be after you for the rest of your life but hey
>>
>>63219021
>>63222680
you could be the ugliest peice of weeb ever

if you have super powers though you dont need to rape you will become a celebrity or a religious figure and you will literally drown in millions of mentally unstable women and men you really should grasp how pathetic human beings are at your age
>>
File: 4362457835683.jpg (376 KB, 1090x717) Image search: [Google]
4362457835683.jpg
376 KB, 1090x717
Some version of pic related probably, a human with drastically post-human abilities would be able to do whatever the fuck they want and would be easily able to stick themselves in a leadership role, likely as some sort of new messiah, we struggle enough keeping other, normal humans in check and normal but exceptionally charismatic humans are declared prophets all the time in cults and shit.

Someone with genuine powers would instantly be hailed as such if they wanted to play it that way.
>>
>>63224598
>new baby half-heroes

and this will change what exactly? they will still grow up to be good and evil like normal humans

but now you have given them more ways to fuck up the planet kek
>>
>>63225470
>>63225510
Its a good superhero movie. It's a shit Superman movie. The inherent problem with Superman is that he can't be just like us, because the manner with which humans always assume aliens are going to be a threat is based on the projection of human nature onto them. We see how we behave to one another and assume aliens will treat us the same way. People often immediately fear Superman because he is an alien and is therefore different, and uncontrollable by Terran forces. It is only after he demonstrates that he is not like us and only wants to help keep the world safe that people begin to trust him and be inspired to better themselves, and humanity as well as the world by extension, thus leading to the outcome mentioned in the movie of Superman leading humanity to join him in the sun. If Superman behaves just like us, as he does in MoS, it stops being a logical fallacy and starts becoming a legitimate reason to fear him, and if humanity has a legitimate reason to fear him they'll never try to be more like him, and the world will never be made better by his coming to the world which above all else is what Superman is supposed to do.
>>
Actually it's a very common idea for a story. How would your average guy reacts to receive God-like powers ? But tv and cinema are waaaaaay too auto-censored medias to properly treat the subjects, they would feel the need to create OTHER people with powers, have antagonists, etc... and you get a capeshit movie.

But a movie about only ONE guy having powers and not facing any special threat ? That would be just too preachy because either he slowly become a vilain (boooouh humans are bad) or he turns in a boyscout and the world dissapoint him staying bad (bouuuug society is evil).

Either way, that's pretty boring.
>>
>>63225719
>It's a shit Superman movie.

well that explains why the last one with kevin spacey flopped nobody cares about classic superman anymore

man of steel was interesting, a lot of people saw it and it divided people

mark of something more than some capeshit
>>
>>63221212
I cannot think of betters things to do.you basicaly display the perfect scenario.
> mfw if someone deserve those powers, is it probably you.
>>
>>63225719
probably my favourite comic is superman : red son. which is actually set in a universe where superman's ship lands in the USSR as opposed to the USA and its really great reading because superman is portrayed as almost a stalinist figure and the entire world except america eventually adopts his ideology.

you should read it its very interesting, and also wonder woman and batman (a russian alcoholic) appear too and lex luthor is the american antagonist
>>
>>63218902
they wouldn't know what to do with it

eventually they'd go fight isis or whatever
>>
File: superman31.jpg (475 KB, 994x1461) Image search: [Google]
superman31.jpg
475 KB, 994x1461
>>63225883
I've read it anon. Even there though, though he does so differently, his purpose is to make the world better than it would have been without him. He is the catalyst that charges the world, and while that change may come through utilitarian tactics early on, eventually it does so organically. Even while he is fed Marxist ideology by Stalin himself, eventually he becomes his own man. The same thing happens to Nazi Superman who after Germany wins WWII is forced to make the world better after the realization that the world he is the champion of is built atop the back of the horrors committed by Nazis. He is taught how to understand us, and how treat us, but Superman can never be us, because the moment he does, he can never be Superman.
>>
Here's the different stage:

> Euphoria
Oh man ! It happened ! Finally ! At long last I'm a DBZ character, my only dream when I was a kid ! I can do everything ! I can have all the things I want ! I don't have to worry, I...

> Doubt
Oh wait, will it last ? Check, check, ok it still works. Am I dreaming ? Oh fuck that's it, I must be dreaming, how do I check ? Pinching ? I'm frigging invulnerable, how pinching would work ?

> Paranoia
Wait, wait, wait... if this is real, if magic is real.... maybe I'm not the only one ? Maybe there's other people like me ? Maybe I will have to fight now, like in those movies. I don't want to fight ! Oh fuck I need to make sure I'm the only one...

> Planning
Ok now what to do ? Should I tell the world ? Should I keep it mysterious ? Can I beat armies if they try to capture me ? Whatever I do, it will be impossible to keep it quiet, I need to be prepare to face the world. What should I say ?

> Euphoria again
Hell, now I can be a king ! I can be their GOD ! I can have every women, I can take anything I want, I can... I can...

> Realising
Oh my... it's actually going to be boring pretty quick. I feel like I've abused every cheat codes in a game I haven't finish.
>>
>>63218902
If that person would be me, you would see a huge decrease in negros upon this planet.
>>
>>63225719

This is the most backwards interpretation of Superman I've ever heard. I'm not even defending MoS (it was okay), but damn son what the hell.
>>
>>63226153
I'm not saying he's incompassionate. I'm not saying Clark is the costume like in Kill Bill. I'm just saying he, Superman, the guy people see flying in the blue costume with the red cape, can't behave like we behave because if he does, people's fears that he can abuse his powers are legitimized. Be the son the Kents raised him to be, be friendly, be warm, but he can't give into his emotions the way we do, and he did in MoS as an attempt to make him relateable.
>>
If it's a man, feminists would complain for equal rights
If it's a woman, the internet would implode with r34

And nothing would change except daytime TV interviews
>>
>>63226144
I'd kill this faggot first.
>>
>>63226267

But that's literally the opposite of the point. The whole point of Superman is that, despite being born in another corner of the universe, despite being bullet-proof and having X-Ray vision, despite being friends with Batman and dating Wonder Woman and battling Doomsday, Superman is just a good ole boy from Kansas.

That is the central conceit of his character. Everything about Superman comes from the fact that he's a regular, good-hearted American raised on a farm in the southern United States who calls his parents "Ma" and "Pa" and is just trying to be the best he can be for the world. He's *painfully* human. This is something that writers have been ham-handedly shoving into dialogue for pretty much his entire existence. Hell, I'd wager that if you read any 10 consecutively-published Superman comics, you'll find at least one instance of another character telling him how human he is, or how he's the most human guy in the room, or how he doesn't know how human he is, or something equally contrived.

Seriously, they're not subtle about it.
>>
>>63226694
>Superman is just a good ole boy from Kansas.
There is nothing wrong with this at all. He can still be that. Hell, being that is comforting and helps earn humanity's trust more quickly. Again though:

>Be the son the Kents raised him to be, be friendly, be warm, but he can't give into his emotions the way we do, and he did in MoS as an attempt to make him relateable.
He can't be yelling and screaming and so quick to lose control like people are, because if he does it once, who is to say he won't again? I hate to drag in the logic of another hero, but with great power comes great responsibility, and Superman having the most power means he must be the most responsible with them.

>Hell, I'd wager that if you read any 10 consecutively-published Superman comics, you'll find at least one instance of another character telling him how human he is, or how he's the most human guy in the room, or how he doesn't know how human he is, or something equally contrived.
Of course. I thought I had Batman telling Wonder Woman that Superman is the most human of all of them, but that doesn't change the fact that he also has more restraint than all of them. He has to.
>>
>>63226960

There's a difference between being in control of your emotions and being fundamentally "not like" humanity. People don't look up to Superman because he has demonstrated that "he is not like us." That's so far off-point that I'm struggling to type it.

He's not "not like us", he's the best of us. That's a very important distinction.
>>
>>63227068
>>63227068
You're 100% correct. I apologize for my poor word choice.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.