[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best John Carpenter movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: the-fog-50570a2d80e07.jpg (713 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the-fog-50570a2d80e07.jpg
713 KB, 1920x1080
I vote for The Fog myself.

>comfy as fuck ghost story
>masterful music/sound design (seriously if you're into sound watch this movie)
>simple but powerful special effects
>scary when it needs to be but not too reliant on horror

The Thing might be more of an effects achievement, and Halloween might be scarier, but The Fog is just a great fucking movie.
>>
>>63218058
Official, 100% correct, undisputable, director and critic approved Carpenter Rankings

1. The Thing
2. In the Mouth of Madness
3. Escape from New York
4. Prince of Darkness
5. Halloween
6. Big Trouble in Little China
7. Assault on Precinct 13
8. They Live
9. Vampires
10. The Fog
11. Village of the Damned
12. The Ward
13. Escape from LA
14. Dark Star
15. Starman
16. Memoirs of an Invisible Man
17. Christine
18. Ghosts of Mars

Not counted: Elvis, Someone's Watching me, Body Bags. Quality breaks even between 10 and 11 and negative after 15.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YZ60mQA4Q8
Thread theme
>>
THEY LIVE

thread over
>>
File: bb.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>63218245
18. Ghosts of Mars
>>
>>63218245

Why is The Thing your favorite? I think it lacks plot and gets predictable toward the end.

But I admit that the effects are a huge achievement. There has probably never been a cooler looking monster, ever.
>>
>>63218339
Shit forgot to mention: everything he did is watchable to a degree. Yes, even Ghosts.
>>
>>63218245
Ghost of Mars is a fucking masterpiece fuck you m8
>>
>>63218358
>edgy as fuck m4(3-1)
I like Ghosts. It's shit, but I like it.

>>63218348
Tension, atmosphere, mystery, performances, script, effects. It might be my favorite film, and definitely the favorite ending to any film.
>>
Halloween for sure
>>
>>63218245
Corrected list:

1. The Thing
2. Big Trouble in Little China
3. Dark Star
4. They Live
5. who gives a shit?

Literally nothing else he did matters.
>>
>>63218458
Pleb: the post
>>
>>63218245
>prince of darkness ranked lower than in the mouth of madness
>being this dumb
>>
Escape from NY

Starman and Christine are under-rated as fuck
>>
File: quinn.jpg (86 KB, 879x620) Image search: [Google]
quinn.jpg
86 KB, 879x620
>>63218499
>somebody likes something I don't which is very similar to what I like
>he must be a retard
>>
>>63218058
Halloween. It's the pleb choice I know but it's a perfect slasher and it'll always have a special place in my heart since it was the very first horror movie I ever saw.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.