[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? The book is great, I don't know if I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: jcimaxonesheet800.jpg (907 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
jcimaxonesheet800.jpg
907 KB, 800x1185
What went wrong?

The book is great, I don't know if I should be bothered watching this.
>>
It's overly long, but Iiked it. Would have been better if it was Tim Riggins being taken to mars.
>>
>>63207882
i actually kind of liked this
>>
Piss poor marketing.
>>
>>63207882
It's a good example of Disney failing at starting a new franchise based on old material, in this case old pulp novels from 1910's
>>
>>63207882
It's actually a pretty good, if you enjoyed The Mummy movies you'll like it.
>>
>>63207882
terrible marketing hinging on a name no one under 70 recognizes, mediocre CGI, watering down of source material to fit a PG13 rating.
>>
Taylor Kitsch wasn't bad but he really wasn't the right fit. If they made it with Tom Cruise as planned about 10 years ago it'd have been a hit.
>>
>>63207882

If you like the book, you'll like the movie.

It's actually pretty good but Disney just complete fucked up the advertising and marketing on this film. It's no where near as bad as some have made it out to be.
>>
HATED IT

Fuck you muh underappreciated classucs u guyz,

NO, it was total shit. The green aliens were fucking horrible, and the human alien motivation made no sense.
>>
I barely remember it, so maybe that's a testament to it being bad but from what I do remember it wasn't so bad.

Honestly I suddenly got the desire to watch it again.
>>
>>63208115
lol fag
>>
VIRGINIA
>>
It's actually OK. When all's said and done, after warching it I felt kind of sad and wanted to go to Mars myself, canoe the Iss, see relics of dead civilisations..... There's not that many big budget SF movies being made these days and it was kind of nice seeing this one.
>>
I fucking love it. So fuck you anyone who doesn't.
>>
Everyone says it was great, I wanted to see it but never did.

Still waiting for an opportunity to.
>>
>>63207882
It's cool and is uncharacteristically brutal for a Disney movie.
>>
I enjoyed it, especially the ending. Too bad they'll never make a sequel. We'll have to wait for the inevitable reboot in 20 years.
>>
A lead who actually felt like a civil war veteran thrust into an alien conflict and not just brodude #45 might've helped.
>>
betterthaneveryonesays-core, right next to lone ranger
>>
>>63207882
its good man. make yourself a meal and watch it.
>>
Sooooooo underrated!
>>
>>63208193
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>>
>>63208199
voorgeenia
>>
>>63208008
>>63208036
Blame the director. Disney showed up ready to put a trailer together, only to find that the action scenes were not shot yet. When you are doing a live-action film, you need to take into account marketing, and have the scenes to make a mini-narrative in place.
>>
>>63208867
The books have not only the red and green martians, but the black, white, and yellow; the ruins of multiple civilizations, and dark secrets.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.