[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I can change almost anything, but I can't change human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 3989770-2597959379-37865.jpg (209 KB, 1920x796) Image search: [Google]
3989770-2597959379-37865.jpg
209 KB, 1920x796
"I can change almost anything, but I can't change human nature."

Was this Dr. Manhattan finally acknowledging that he is still human, or was he just telling Rorschach that ultimately there was nothing he could do. And if Manhattan truly believes that, why side with Veidt? He's implying that the same thing is going to happen again anyway.

tl;dr what did he mean by this?
>>
He can't save the World until going full Reich and put all of us in indivual cage to avoid a nuclear war. We can always find a way to kill each other, even with a stick.

He is just saying he cannot change the inevitable.

It was obviously BS with his power level
>>
BIG
BLUE
COCKS
>>
ironically Dr. Manhattan probably could have literally changed human nature by rearranging the brains of everyone on the planet so our aggressive and violent instincts were drastically reduced and our empathy levels were raised.

Although of course he didn't really give a shit about humanity at all, which is why he didn't stop the Comedian from killing the pregnant woman.
>>
>>63205374
>aggressive and violent instincts were drastically reduced and our empathy levels were raised.
That's what the left's been trying to do for the past 100 years but
>muh SJW
>muh Trump pls build wall
>>
He meant human nature wasn't made of atoms so he couldn't change it
>>
>>63205374
Yep. He could have solved all the world's problems, but he didn't find doing so worthwhile as he felt less and less human. AKA why superman is lame
>>
>>63205374
if he doesn't give a shit about humanity, then why kill Rorschach?
>>
>>63204843
>why side with Veidt?
He didn't side with veidt.
>>
>>63205516
He killed Rorschach for no reason other than to "protect Veidt's new utopia".
>>
>>63205497

Because it took minimal effort and Rorschach asked him to.

If someone asks you for the time on the street, you'll probably give it to them. Doesn't mean you really "care" about that person.
>>
>>63205546
That's what Rorschach said. Manhattan couldn't avoid what Veidt did, he just killed Rorschach because telling everyone the truth was stupid since everyone was already dead. That'd have only brought more war and death.
>>
>>63205472
Bernie please...
>>
>>63205707
What's the difference between Manhattan taking the blame and Veidt being vilified, in the context of a post-S.Q.U.I.D. world
>>
>>63205546
That's not the same thing as siding with Veidt. He specifically tells Veidt that he doesn't condone or condemn Veidts actions and when Veidt asks him if in the end he did the right thing Manhattan responds that nothing ever ends.

>then why kill Rorschach
Because that's what he does in the timeline. People that ask these types of questions completely miss the point of his character. He's a seemingly all powerful all knowing character that can't actually do anything. Specifically because free will is a load of shit and he knows that. Manhattan doesn't really "do" anything because he's just playing his part in the timeline the same as everybody else.

It's why he doesn't take steps to stop Veidt's Plan the moment he became Manhattan which is the moment he became aware of it.
>>
>>63205828
Because in that scenario killing off Veidt would leave the world in the same pre-Squid state, none of those conflicts (wars) would be solved. They can't do that with Manhattan.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.