[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
blu ray thread, last one I made was pretty nice so tell me /tv/,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: blu ray.png (79 KB, 2000x1073) Image search: [Google]
blu ray.png
79 KB, 2000x1073
blu ray thread,

last one I made was pretty nice so tell me /tv/, hwat are some of your favorite blu-rays? just ordered american sniper cause I missed it on the big screen and finally want to get to see it and alos just finished the 300 blu ray which i cannot recommend due to a lot of image noise in the backgrounds.

is there a real differnce between blu ray players? I had a ps3 anyway so I use it for movies now
>>
The only bluray I own is stealth
>>
>>63201849

The noise in 300 was a post production stylish effect fa.m.
>>
Sadly I don't own many blu-rays yet but would like to expand when I become a moneyfag

Out of the ones I have I quite like Jaws, though, it looks great.
>>
This is probably really stupid, but I bought Max Max Fury Road online during Black Friday and it just showed up. Cool!

The version I bought was listed as "Blu-ray/DVD," so I took that to mean that it would include both a Blu-ray and a DVD version of the movie (I only have a DVD player). Now that I've got it in-hand, I see no indication whatsoever on the case that there is a DVD inside, or that the disc is compatible with a DVD player.

I haven't bought a movie in years, so I know I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I just can't see it. I'm worried I'm going to open this and find out I can't play it, and then I'll no longer be able to return it cause it's been opened.

If I open this sucker up, will I be able to watch it on my DVD player? This is what I bought

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mad-max-fury-road-blu-ray-dvd/7312057.p?id=3412343&skuId=7312057
>>
File: IMG_3719[1].jpg (336 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3719[1].jpg
336 KB, 960x720
>>63201849
Here are my 3 favorite non-combo pack blu-rays. I haven't even seen Cannibal Holocaust yet but I like the amount of detail put into the packaging and the special features that it has with it, but by far Godzilla has to be my favorite. Ginger Snaps was my introduction to Scream Factory and I was astounded by the amount of effort they put into the release (Blu-ray/DVD combo, slip cover detail, invertible cover art). It's also a great film so this one has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>63205048
It should come with two discs, a Blu-ray disc and a DVD disc. I work at a movie store and opened plenty of them up, that's how it comes.
>>
>>63205103

Or a double sided disc
>>
>>63205145
Nah, last release I've seen like that was the early printings of the Bourne movies. I think some smaller-release horror movies still do that sometimes but it's really rare and only through one company that I know of.
>>
This is probably my favorite blu-ray I own. Wish I had the money to spare for more.
>>
>>63205103
>>63205145
Cool, thanks guys. So even though there's no mention of a DVD on the case, it should still be in there, yeah? Sorry to be annoying, just want to make sure, heh.
>>
File: IMG_3720[1].jpg (293 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3720[1].jpg
293 KB, 960x720
>>63205786
A lot of Blu-rays do that. The big BLU-RAY+DVD+DIGITAL HD banner is usually on the slipcover (which is only issued with the first printing) while not on the actual case. If you ordered a new copy and it was listed as BD+DVD you should be fine.
>>
bluray would be a GOAT medium if it werent for all the stupid internet shit and unskippable bullshit shit

though some blurays dont have those things so they are GOAT examples of the medium
>>
>>63205959
Awesome, thanks so much!

Opened it up and it was just as you guys had said, with 1 DVD and 1 Blu-ray. There were also two different redemption codes enclosed for a digital version too!

Thanks again for putting up with my dumb questions.
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 960x720
My Library
>>
>>63207255
>Ran
>Thin Red Line
>Rebels

i'm jealous anon
>>
>>63205048
>http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mad-max-fury-road-blu-ray-dvd/7312057.p?id=3412343&skuId=7312057
yeah you're good, I have that exact version. At the top it says "Blu Ray + DVD". which means it comes with both discs. I just bought Dark Knight and it was in that exact format.

You should look out for the ones that only say "Blu ray Disc" at the top. If there's no mention of DVD, then it's not included.
>>
>>63201849
DRM and movies like LOTR dont even fit on one disc, pathetic format that deserved to die.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.