[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Bruce Willis's character save Marcellus Wallace?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Brue.jpg (18 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
Brue.jpg
18 KB, 448x252
Why did Bruce Willis's character save Marcellus Wallace?

Marcellus wanted to kill Bruce's character for one and two, Marcellus was far more evil and a danger to society than the two hillbilly rapists.

Why save the most evil of the three?
>>
>>63190832
I'm guessing that Marcellus' people would still come after Butch, perhaps assuming he was responsible for his death
>>
He saved him because he (correctly) thought he would redeem himself in Marcellus' eyes and that he will remove the hit from his head.
What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>63190832
Because he felt that becoming the fucktoy of hillbillys is a fate worse than death and that Marcellus didn't really deserve it.
>>
nah man

i'm pretty fuckin far from okay
>>
Because Bucth deep down is a good person
>>
>>63190832
Because it's better to die than to allow a faggot to live
>>
because muh rape is worse than murder but let me hide it under a thin veil of the fact that it's a male being raped
>>
Rapists are worse than thieves, so they need to die
>>
>Marcellus was far more evil and a danger to society than the two hillbilly rapists.

Don't get involved in the criminal world numbnuts.
>>
File: bb1014.jpg (55 KB, 960x404) Image search: [Google]
bb1014.jpg
55 KB, 960x404
>>63190832
>>63190832
>I won't save you... But It doesn't mean I can't stop you from being killed.

BRAVO LOLAN
>>
>>63190832
To squash the beef, If he had left him Marcellus would've just come black twice as hard.
>>
>>63191145
Bingo.
>>
>>63190832
Are you a woman by any chance? It would explain your confusion
>>
It's called empathy, something that people who aren't sociopaths possess. It was hitting really close to Bruce Willis because he had just very nearly been raped, and only escaped because Wallace took his place.

Also, what the hillbillies were doing is worse than what Marcellus was doing, because for Marcellus it was business; a business that Bruce Willis was already involved in. For the hillbillies it was just random violence to get their rocks off.
>>
File: Bruce Willis Pulp Fiction.png (657 KB, 850x373) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Willis Pulp Fiction.png
657 KB, 850x373
Cause it's a metaphor dumbasses. Tarantino is so ham fisted, he put these two flags in the background right when Bruce Willis is about to leave the black guy to get raped and murdered and oppressed by the white men. A black man, specifically, who thought he was in charge, and even had a white girlfriend, is still just the white man's bitch at the end of the day. And the only thing that can save him is some other white guy choosing not to be a racist fucker, and walk away from the confederate flag and the exit, and go to "right" direction and save him.

Also the license plate says Tennessee, the state Butch is headed to and Tarantino's birthplace.

Tl;Dr: So yeah Tarantino likes the BBC
>>
>>63191145
It's this you fucking autists.
>>
>>63191443
That's some grade a poetry there.
>>
>>63191103
this, it's also symbolic that he chooses the samurai sword as a weapon, he chose the honorable path.
>>
>>63191348

So much potential in this post.
>>
>>63191145
literally this, case closed.
>>
>>63191542
Shut up
>>
>>63190832
why dsisd buri e wilsls ichahra c s vse mare uecsl walalus?

manrclsel wante d to skile b ruce haerhra fo roewnoe an dtwo, ajiwaeomr wa s foar moe evil and awwange to socsiet rha twhe tewotw fihppyh rapirtit

why sajevjiot themsow oeivlfewo fo the thre?
>>
>>63191693
I vaguely remember Tarantino saying that in an interview or some shit, wasn't implying that it was a 2deep4me moment or anything.
>>
YOU'VE LOST ALL YOU'RE L.A. PRIVILEGES
>>
It was about owning up to and deserving his birthright (the gold watch). All of his ancestors were in the military and although he had a genetic talent for violence he went down an evil path with it. He redeemed himself by righting his wrongs and in the end he deserves to proudly wear that watch.
>>
>>63191184
Saving the most evil person in the room is being a good person?
>>
>>63191441
Marcellus fucking killed people in the movie and was a gangster. How is that not worse than two redneck rapists?
>>
>>63191411
I'm a man, a man with a brain.
>>
>>63192586
One is predictable and ordered and the result of a conscious rational decision to get involved in, it's a consistent system, while the other (rednecks) are given in to the irrational in humanity and are agents of chaos and selfish caprice without any consistency, suspect to their irrational whims of the moment
>>
You're all wrong and by extension stupid.

Butch refuses to take a dive despite promising Wallace that he would. Butch wronged Wallace.

Wallace sees Butch getting fucked and decideds to save him because he's already wronged him once and knows it was dishonest, so rather than double up he prevents the guy from getting raked and killed.

He's also from a military family and by extension homophobic.

He didn't know Wallace would remove the hit, it was just a pleasant outcome.
>>
>>63192011
>him implying it was a bad thing

that place is a shithole
>>
>>63192661
An evil deed that's planned is always considered a more serious violation or "more evil".
>>
File: 1447084047791.jpg (4 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
1447084047791.jpg
4 KB, 202x250
Because he wanted that warm black dingus
>>
>>63192930
He looks so troubled
>>
>>63192768
>He didn't know Wallace would remove the hit

Of course he did
>>
In real life Marcellus would shoot Butch right after he shot Zed because he would not ever allow anybody who saw him get raped continue living, combined with the fact that Butch fucked him over. The idea that a gangster like Marcellus would somehow have a heart of gold all of a sudden is simply retarded.
>>
>>63191693
pleb
>>
>>63193088
Butch should have killed all four of them.
>>
>>63193127
This to be honest
But there were three, unless you think Butch should've an hero for some reason
>>
>>63193177
>bring out the gimp
>>
>>63191145
/thread
>>
>>63193196
Shit, forgot about that
>>
>>63190832
What's his backstory?
>>
It was the best chance for them both to survive.
>>
>>63193244
Probably some poor schmuck that got turned into a sex slave and conditioned by the hillbillies
>>
File: ImPrettyFuckinFarFromOkay.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ImPrettyFuckinFarFromOkay.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
WHAT NOW? LET ME TELL YOU WHAT NOW. I'MA CALL A COUPLA HARD, PIPE-HITTIN' NIGGERS, WHO'LL GO TO WORK ON THE HOMES HERE WITH A PAIR OF PLIERS AND A BLOW TORCH. YOU HEAR ME TALKIN', HILLBILLY BOY? I AIN'T THROUGH WITH YOU BY A DAMN SIGHT. I'MA GET MEDIEVAL ON YOUR ASS.
>>
>>63191316
what did he meme by this?
>>
>>63193244

This guy was played by Tarantino himself afaik
>>
File: marge vs baneposting.jpg (73 KB, 779x530) Image search: [Google]
marge vs baneposting.jpg
73 KB, 779x530
>>63193244

he's a big guy for you.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.