[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's remarkable just how much depth this film had. It was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
It's remarkable just how much depth this film had. It was so understated, yet so impactful. And the symbolism, it was so subtle, yet so powerful and provocative. The magazines sliding off the books on the chair, the apple being peeled at the end, the vase, and all those static shots of the temples and other remnants of traditional Japan. Is Ozu quite possibly the single greatest director ever?
>>
>>63186631
>single greatest director ever
Wrong way to go about talking about artists anon, but I agree with you about Ozu being a very talented filmmaker.
>>
>>63186706
top 5 then?
>>
what film is it, you obscurantist hipster cunt
>>
>>63188228
Why are you obsessed with lists? Is he a talented artist? Do his films have depth? Then he is great. The distinction between worthwhile and not worthwhile films is binary, something either is or is not art. If it's art I consider it to be worth my time, if not, it's called capeshit or whatever and I do t bother.
>>
>>63188291
>He doesn't recognize every frame of every Ozu film
Plen
>>
>>63188435
>The distinction between worthwhile and not worthwhile films is binary, something either is or is not art.
but what is your definition of art? and can't it be true that there's art to be found in even the most commercial of films?
>>
>>63188463
>implying they're not all the same
>>
>>63188630
My def is probably different than yours, so it's a personal Distinction, but I tend to favor formalism over acting and performance of you are curious about my criteria. And yes, even in commercial films there can be found artistic merit, but it's typically rare in Hollywood blockbuster films.
>>
>>63188630
>can't it be true that there's art to be found in even the most commercial of films?

Yes.
>>
>>63188291
Late Spring
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.