[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did Boba Fett actually do in the OT to become such a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
So what did Boba Fett actually do in the OT to become such a fan favorite? Besides looking cool and being a bounty hunter.
>>
nigga, you don't need more than that
>>
He made this same thread, every single day.

That's obviously why everyone likes him, right? Who wouldn't like a guy like that?
>>
>>63179522
/thread
Also, EU and just fan imagination. It's why the prequels didn't just turn almost everybody away from the franchise forever, despite their awfulness there were enough element to indulge in beyond the movies, which is why Star Wars has endured. Its concepts, world building and characters capture peoples imaginations.
>>
Vader showing him respect and managing to track the Falcon to Cloud City when the other bounty hunters couldn't?
>>
The fact that he was mysterious.
>>
>>63179271

He's cool looking, mysterious, was able to outwit han solo, wasn't afraid to talk back to vader and his complete lack of any kind of a backstory or character details left people free to color in the blanks and it's not hard to imagine that this guy is some kind of old-school western badass anti-hero. People love that shit.

Naturally he was killed off like a mook in RotJ and shows up in the new version of ANH for no reason, and we learned in the prequels that he's the clone of a not terribly bright bounty hunter who also had all of his same gear and ship which robbed those items of any kind of interesting history.
>>
>>63179271
He looked cool and he made a good toy with all his gadgets
>>
>>63179666
>shows up in the new version of ANH for no reason

Where?
>>
>>63179703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0M_EUNbdA
>>
>>63179703
>>
He looked mysterious and cool and the few lines he had, he came across as a "badass". Mysterious and cool being the important points here, he was just a really nice looking side character that sparked the imagination of lots of people. As with almost everything in Star Wars, essentially he is just a new interpretation of a classic mythical character that exists in movies, literature etc. He's like a cool side character from a samurai film or from a western.

All people know this, you don't need to be a rocket science to know it. The problem is that the EU fanbase and writers are all idiots. I guess writers are even more to blame. They're the lowest of the low when it comes to the world of literature, they never made it as real writers, they don't have enough talent, they're just essentially fanboys writing fan fiction about Star Wars because they never grew up. It is the most ironic thing, they're writing books and comic books about Star Wars, the universe they love so much, but they don't actually know what made people love the films so much.

That's why the EU stuff is full of stupid shit like doomsday devices that are even more dangerous than Death Star, lightsabers in all forms and of course countless stories about BOBA FETT BEING AWESOME!
>>
>>63179763

Actually the funny thing is in most of the EU Boba Fett is pretty inept and useless. He gets the slave I impounded, teams up with other bounty hunters and gets fucked over, gets involved with Kuat politics and loses out, he never catches Solo again and mostly just fucks around on the fringes of the galaxy not doing anything important.

IG-88 however is probably the most significant non-character to ever be propped up by the EU.
>>
>>63179271
Because hes Maori.
Maoris are baddass warriors.
>>
>>63179816
>people imagined the man with no name
>they got mukaluk mcdukaluk instead
>>
File: 1362315686540.jpg (609 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1362315686540.jpg
609 KB, 1920x1200
>>63179271
>looking cool and being a bounty hunter.
That is all he needed
>>
>>63179271
they need to make a game again about him, also maybe a movie where he doesn't die a pussy ass death.
>>
>>63179271
Millenial detected.
>>
>>63180154
This. At least he's a fun hero in the Battlefront games.
>>
>>63179722
Fuck, that lifting of Han to step on the tail kills me. I didn't even notice the first time I saw it.
>>
>>63179722
>>63179703

Thats so dumb.

Why was Boba Fett there? Was Jabba paying him hourly to just stand around?
>>
>>63180378
Body guard?
>>
>>63180397

OKAY. Hes the greatest bounty hunter in the Galaxy. His main profession is tracking people and either capturing or killing them for a reward, and he is exceptionally good at it.

And just some times for no good reason, he does this totally different thing, which is just being a shitty body guard for Jabba.

Do you know how dumb that sounds?
>>
>>63179271
only a kike pleb would make a thread like this
>>
>>63179271
>Besides looking cool and being a bounty hunter.
Nah, that's pretty much it.

People just thought he was cool, but Star Wars being Star Wars this was taken to ridiculous extremes and he became "da best character ever!" in the eyes of fanboys.
>>
>>63179756
Was he added in digitally to this scene or was he filmed in 1977?
>>
>>63180154
There's a Jango Fett game that's pretty good.
>>
He fucked your mom
>>
>>63180487
Woah, isn't Jabba like...Hutt of areas that the republic keeps it's nose out of? Being his bodyguard would be a big deal.
>>
>>63179271
People forget that there was a canon cartoon movie or something where we met him first. I can't recall if it was before Empire or Jedi...
>>
>>63181815
Before Empire. In 1978.

The cartoon shows Luke, Han, and Leia's first encounter with Boba Fett. During a search for a talisman, the Millennium Falcon crashes on a water planet known as Panna. Upon landing, they run into Fett, who claims to want to help them after saving Luke from a giant monster that attacks him from behind. They all board the Falcon, where Han has been infected by a mysterious sleeping virus caused by the talisman. Luke then contracts the virus as well.

Fett and Chewie go into Panna City to get the cure. Once they get into the Imperial-occupied city, Fett instructs Chewie to stay behind while he gets the cure. Once away from Chewie, Fett contacts Darth Vader. On the Falcon, as C-3PO is caring for Han and Luke, R2-D2 intercepts the call between Vader and Fett, causing worry for C-3PO. Evading the Imperials, Fett and Chewie return to the Falcon with the cure. After everyone recovers from the virus, they learn of Fett's true allegiances. Fett blasts away in his jet pack, promising that they'll meet again. Everyone then escapes from the planet, and back to the rebel base on board the Falcon.

When the cartoon finishes, Lumpy works to create a translation device from his Amorphian machine that will fool the Imperials into returning to their base by faking their commander's voice. To do so, he first must watch the manual for the device, being presented by a malfunctioning, incompetent robot (Harvey Korman again).
>>
>>63180645
Added. This scene doesn't exist originally.
>>
>>63181851
Yea, I was pretty sure it was before Empire but I wasn't sure SW was popular enough to warrant a sidestory like that yet.
>>
>>63180378
It doesn't make sense why he is hanging around Jabba's palace in ROTJ either, I doubt Jabba pays more than Fett makes from bounty hunting. Maybe he decided to hang around and bang all the slaves.
>>
>>63181851
>Lumpy
everytime
>>
>>63181890
Agreed, I would personally take him out. Would have been one of the few improvements I would make to the originals.
>>
>>63181858
I think what >>63180645 means to ask is whether Boba was added in to the footage or if he was filmed back when the scene was in 1977
>>
>>63182235
It's an added scene... not a deleted. So no, he wasn't filmed there. This scene did not exist in the originals but in the added special edition.
>>
>>63180357
the fuck
>>
>>63179271

who gives a flying fuck about boba fett

sheev is objectively the best character in star wars, and the most underrated villain in movie history
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.