[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inside Llewyn Davis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: inside-llewyn-davis.jpg (23 KB, 615x224) Image search: [Google]
inside-llewyn-davis.jpg
23 KB, 615x224
So I'm a little late checking this out, but man .. I liked this film a lot. What's /tv/'s thoughts?
>>
OUTER
>>
>>63177679
my thoughts:
something something schrodinger
something something something bob dylan
something something the odyssey
>>
>>63177679
Plebs don't get it because they are so used to characters making an arc that stories that don't fit the mold make them uncomfortable. I avoided it when it came out because I hate folk music but the music was actually good. Was that guy from Girls actually singing? His bass voice was pretty dope.
>>
>>63177679
It was great. I'm always astonished at how the Coen Brothers can make the most milquetoast subjects intriguing and well-rounded.
>>
>>63177679
I would go gay just so I could marry this guy and make him sing me to sleep every night.
>>
>>63177841
The best and most alpha character of all time in any movie was John Goodman's driver.
>>
>>63177896
He made me depressed that I can never pull off a denim jacket like that
>>
>>63177985
He reminded me of my old roommate who was a blacksmith and played bass in bands. RIP Alex.
>>
File: 1395785752721.jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1395785752721.jpg
23 KB, 337x372
Is the kitty gonna be ok?
>>
Not a badly made film, but I couldn't feel for this hack with his shit tier music. Fuck Bob Dylan, too.

>why can't i strike it big?!
Cause you fucking suck. You're supposed to fail.
>>
>>63178043
>He reminded me of my old roommate who was a blacksmith and played bass in bands. RIP Alex.
So nothing of value was lost. Now fuck off reddit.
>>
>>63178118
You aren't meant to be sympathetic to the main character, it's more a cathartic experience
>>
>>63178180
I felt for him. He was a sad character. Very relatable in certain aspects.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 615x410
>>63178118
COUNTDOWN
>>
>>63178142
>smithy
>not valuable
Nigga how you gonna shoe your horses without a smith?
>>
>>63177679
Play me some, from Inside Llewyn Davis. Beautiful film, this and A Serious Man are great.
>>
Poor man's A Serious Man.

10/10 OST and cat, tho
>>
>>63178180
I don't agree with you. I know there's a lot people who like this music, and every time music was the focus of a scene it was done with great care a sense of appreciation. It's supposed to be a bummer story about a guy trying really hard, except I think he's a terrible artist, so my reaction was "Yeah, that's what's happens. Why was this made?".
>>
>>63178326

I think it's more about a guy who always gives up all too quickly. His music may be shit but it was about to become a huge thing, but he runs for his life like he always do. The theme of the film is that Llewyn is a character that's always running but always in the same place
>>
>>63178326
i liked it. The music reminded me of the albums Nebraska and Lightness
>>
>>63177731

SPACE
>>
>>63177679
It's literally about how cats make you depressed and turn you into a beta loser
Coen bros knows what's up
>>
File: 1397911977529.jpg (85 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1397911977529.jpg
85 KB, 640x960
>>63178779
>>
>>63178326
>It's supposed to be a bummer story about a guy trying really hard

not really. its shown how llewyn brings all the bad stuff onto himself. the only time you really feel for him is when he finds out the girl didn't get the abortion. other than that, its basically always his fault his life is so shitty
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.