[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it feel knowing Harry Potter will be rebooted at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: _20151130_005439.jpg (136 KB, 1440x805) Image search: [Google]
_20151130_005439.jpg
136 KB, 1440x805
How does it feel knowing Harry Potter will be rebooted at least twice before you die.
>>
>>63175220

I have similar plans as well.

Anyway, who would they cast for it?
>>
She'll write more shit that will be adapted into films.
>>
I don't think a long running series of movies are rebootable in that sort of way.

I can't imagine something like LotR being rebooted either.
>>
>>63175220
A person born today could live to see 3-4 Harry potters each with 7-10 movies per saga. And the last half of the set get part 1 part 2's
>>
Who cares? Its low IQ fanbase wants just that and even then it wont happen because hollywood will implode before I reach 40(24 now)
>>
Surely the characters that will play in the reboot aren't even born yet
>>
File: 1368562209061.jpg (13 KB, 225x251) Image search: [Google]
1368562209061.jpg
13 KB, 225x251
>>63175338
isn't the person thats supposed to live 150+ years already born though
>>
If Christmas Carol can be rebooted with Matthew mconahay with his past girlfriends than we shall not fear this new wave of Harry potters. As it is beyond our control and comprehension.
>>
>>63175293
Excuse me?

I read the entire bookology annually while sporting an IQ of 146 so yeah, haha jokes on you ;)
>>
The next Harry Potter is confirmed black.
Hermione is Muslim
Ron is latino
All the baddies are still white
>>
>>63175424
Kill yourself now. Don't waste air
>>
>>63175266
Harry Potter would be hard as fuck since they managed to make eight movies out of that sucker.

LoTR is more manageable, since they proved they could do that in a nice tidy trilogy.
>>
Beyond #3, the Hairy Pooper movies sucked balls anyway.

I hope they do reboot them and fucking do them right.
>>
>>63175409
>tfw it's gonna be some random mexican or japanese grandma on the countryside like always
>>
>>63175483

>Ronaldo Weasley

I can already imagine the garbled English.
>>
>>63175731
How can you do them right exactly?

I would argue they each capture the wizarding world pretty well, but the source story becomes generic after the third book.
Less episodic adventures at Hogwarts.
>>
File: 1446929668239.png (1 MB, 1345x978) Image search: [Google]
1446929668239.png
1 MB, 1345x978
Weren't they doing the whole Harry Potter cinematic universe thing? With a series of spinoff films?

I really don't see the point. James Bond? Yeah, I could understand rebooting it after some of the worst excesses of the Brosnan years and getting back to basics.

But Harry Potter is a series about a kid growing up in a magical land set in the '90s, and it handled prolonged film production(and writing) well into the 21st century.

You don't need to fucking revisit it again.

While we're on the topic, it's a miracle of filmmaking that they managed to adapt all seven books without significant casting changes.

It's like an enjoyable version of Boyhood.
>>
>>63175794
Nigga, you didn't even read the books.
>>
>>63175863
Didn't they have to change Dumbledores a couple of times? I'd call that significant.
>>
>>63176269
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Well, there's really not much you can do about an actor dying barring some Tupac hologram fuckery or whatever they did in Sky Captain.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.