[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw the trailer for this, it looked like a fun movie. The RT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 214x317
Saw the trailer for this, it looked like a fun movie. The RT score is terrible, though.

Is it worth the watch?
>>
watch it, it's quite good

never trust RT for horror or martial arts
>>
It's pretty fedora, especially the music.
>>
>>63175236
General rule there.

Trailer made the sets look really cheap, but it looked like that was intentional. Real Sin City type stuff.
>>
>>63175274
That's rather broad.

Be more specific.
>>
>>63175103
I vaguely remember seeing about half of it years ago and finding it boring. That was really so long ago that I don't think I could really tell you anything useful.

It was definitely something different. Some of the sets looked shitty but there was also some pretty stylish stuff going on. If anybody something nice to say about it I might give it another look.
>>
If you weren't asking /tv/ to tell you what to think, you'd be half an hour into forming your own opinion right now.
>>
>>63175868
Hey fuck you man, I just want to see what the general consensus is before watching it.
>>
>>63175947
It's 124 minutes long, how much can your time be worth if you've got to defend being a sheep on here? Go watch the movie, stupid.
>>
>>63176012
Fine, fuck you, I'll come back when it's finished.
>>
>>63176049
At least you're pretending to think for yourself, watching it wasn't even your idea or you'd already have been doing it.
>>
>>63176074
Well, shit.
>>
>>63176159
You aren't watching it, are you? Pathetic.
>>
I generally liked it. The Jap guy creeped me out though, he looks like he's a living doll or something.
>>
>>63176171
I feel like me saying anymore is just gonna drive me deeper down into the shit.
>>
It can be kind of boring/hazy at times, and the plot doesn't have much coherence or direction.

It's dripping with style though, and lots of cool details, and that's enough to sell a movie to me since I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBT3dXK5x4

The opening, and a good example of the tone of the whole thing. The movie is goofy and dumb and a mess at times, but it's kind of cool and definitely weird and different. For that alone it's worth at least checking out.
>>
>>63176403
I like it. It's got some bizarre style to it, but I feel like it's something special. Felt like the first time I watched The Brothers Bloom, in that it felt damn near tailored to me.

I'll definitely check it out when I can. Not on Netflix and I have no other means of watching at the moment.
>>
I didn't like it but I can see why some people would. The CGI is shit and it's pretty corny but if you can see past that it might be good.
>>
>>63175103
I loved it. Thought considering its low budget it was pretty stylish and had a great cast.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.