[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Second Renaissance What a load of shit >Robot brutally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: matrix.jpg (168 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
168 KB, 480x720
>Second Renaissance
What a load of shit
>Robot brutally murderes his owners and pets (for no reason, and with gory detail like some trained killer) and goes to trial
>this is the beginning of The Matrix
Also
>world leaders didn't just develop a massive EMP to fuck over the robots
>"lol let's block out the sun"
This is somehow considered "deep" and "the best short of Animatrix" yet it's downright fucking horrid.
World Record is the best
>>
SIT DOWN
>>
>>63172074
>world leaders didn't just develop a massive EMP to fuck over the robots

You know things can be built to be EMP resistant right? They explicitly showed them using nukes so it's reasonable to assume they used some in the upper atmosphere to cause an EMP, you're suppose to understand that the robots were prepared for the eventuality.

My guess is that you're a retard who only knows about "EMPs" from video games and movies.
>>
>>63172074
Yeah, why don't the humans in the movies just drive a ship to the machine city and EMP them all?

You dense retard.
>>
>>63172074
kill yourself retard
>>
>(for no reason

THe robot was going to get decomissioned
>>
>>63172074
>no reason
>robot gives a reason at trial
Plot and characters are for plebs anon. Animatrix is pretty, exciting and consistently well directed across shorts. The range of styles is also great.

The buildup to and the battle between the machines and humanity was one of my favourite parts. Also:

Speed Racer > Animatrix > Other Matrix movies (they're all equal)
>>
>>63172274
>>63172074

REKT
>>
File: image:45101.png (452 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
image:45101.png
452 KB, 636x358
>Watching Cartoons

Dude really? Just watch the movies. Grow up already.
>>
>>63172317
Why would a robot feel anything in the first place? Why would humans make robots but no universal off button?
>>
File: 1407179904502.jpg (77 KB, 674x670) Image search: [Google]
1407179904502.jpg
77 KB, 674x670
>>63172074
>the last one

Why even use animation if you're just going to make it look as close to live action as you can, not to mention that fucking opening sequence
>>
>>63172621
Why would you watch a movie if you're only interested in reality?
>>
File: animatrix.gif (1 MB, 245x165) Image search: [Google]
animatrix.gif
1 MB, 245x165
>>
>>63172864
This was a great scene, not for the fembot getting beaten, but because it goes way deeper. Robots were treated like objects, same as women, so when men see this fembot all they see is an object in reality, really calls out on modern sexism. And then the ending part where only the fake tits are exposed as well as the robotic skull, all men care about is the sex part
>>
>>63173054
somebody put this kuck out of his misery.
>>
File: ex-machina.jpg (473 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
ex-machina.jpg
473 KB, 2040x1360
>>63173054
>Throwing away your robot waifu to be beaten by street thugs.

Unrealistic depiction.
>>
>>63172115
MUH FREE MOTHAFUCKA
>>
>>63173054

Will somebody get this hothead outta here?
>>
>>63172074
Nukes have EMPs built into them, retard.
>>
>>63172074
>for no reason
Wrong. Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>63172343
Not OP but the humans explicitly used "EMP Artillery"
which was more than capable of defeating the machines - they just got overrun eventually.

Whats more likely is that the shows creators were ignorant of the fact that nuclear weapons cause an EMP when detonated. I mean the in-short explanation for them surviving the nuclear carpet bombing was that the robots could survive the "heat", not only is that assertion absurd it ignores both the EMP and the radiation (radiation is extremely destructive to electronics).

Personally I find this short to be overrated as well, though I thought the short's problems lay in the incredibly hamfisted crap like the beginning sequence where they make the robots work as if they are ancient slaves (for maximum pottery I presume).

Most people just selectively remember the best parts of the short, such as the human experimentation or the riot scenes.
>>
File: E7F988D53.jpg (126 KB, 720x510) Image search: [Google]
E7F988D53.jpg
126 KB, 720x510
ITT: Cartoon adaptions better than the source material?
>>
>>63174246
Overrated, the plot moves at ADD speeds, it's like watching an english dubbed asian movie
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.