[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Most emotionally wrenching scenes/movies. Ill start wi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Braveheart_660x350.jpg (50 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
Braveheart_660x350.jpg
50 KB, 660x350
ITT: Most emotionally wrenching scenes/movies.

Ill start with a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umhDCtOoJZ0
>>
>>63169111
i cried like a bitch first time i saw this film. They don't make 'epics' like this anymore.
>>
>>63169111

He died for nothing baka
>>
>>63169111
The costumes in this movie were horrible. Completely inaccurate
>>
>>63171425
most of the film is inaccurate, but who the fuck cares.
>>
>>63171425
inaccurate but great
>>
>>63171703
It's fine to tweak the plot to make it more interesting, but the fucking Scots look like what Picts looked like in ancient times almost. It's fucking dumb and its completely anachronistic in a medieval set film
>>
>>63171425
The sets were bad too. Same with Apocalypto. I made a post about this once but Google's ReCAPTCHA wouldn't let me post it. I posted afterwards about my displeasure over this event, if you care to search the archives. In any case, I think Mel Gibson isn't as good a director as everyone claims and could learn a lot of things from Herzog.
>>
>>63171813
90% of the time realism is boring as batshit. The scots looked fine, hell the english were inaccurate too. Who cares mayne, if you can't suspend your disbelief for a few hours you have issue amigo.
>>
>>63171952
It's just that over the long term such flaws make it more likely that the film will be disregarded
>>
>>63172041
The film is 20 years old and it's still considered a cinema classic by many. If it was going to be disregarded, it would have been by now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0
>>
>>63172158
Twenty years isn't even medium-term and the flaws are increasingly being noticed and cataloged. By 300 years time this film may not even be a footnote in history because of its poor costuming and sets, which is sad, because it had the potential to endure.
>>
File: glory.jpg (2 MB, 3163x1730) Image search: [Google]
glory.jpg
2 MB, 3163x1730
>>63169111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFWLkCnT50s

awesome
>>
File: stirlingbridge_tcm4-572153.jpg (110 KB, 750x515) Image search: [Google]
stirlingbridge_tcm4-572153.jpg
110 KB, 750x515
>>63171952
>The scots looked fine,
No. Pic related is what they really looked like
>>
>>63172228
Thinking any film will matter in 300 years. Jesus man. The only film that will endure that amount of time is Babe pig in the city. Maybe Home Alone 2 aswell.
>>
>>63172305
I didn't say they were accurate, i was saying the way they are depicted is a romantic version and more please on the eyes. Can you imagine the famous rousing speech delivered in bright yellow?
>>
>>63172271

That's a powerful scene
>>
>>63172321
I think a few might. It's obviously uncertain and dependent on how the AGI thing goes.

One of the reasons Braveheart might still be relevant in a few centuries is the ultimate perfection of The Passion of the Christ, which will most likely be remembered forever.
>>
>>63172352
Myself, I find that whole 'warrior poet' shit to be ridiculous and cringey
>>
>>63172271
Ahh the days of Denzel being a good actor. Fuck Freeman was always amazing wasn't he? Who the hell is gonna replace actors like this?
>>
>>63172433
Fair enough, i wont deny your taste. The irony is that i myself wouldn't be able to take the film seriously if it was more accurate. But i'm the opposite to you and find myself a sucker for romanticized history films.
>>
>>63169111

so representative

especially from what we know now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNN6FI1Gcr8
>>
File: nowater.png (261 KB, 362x312) Image search: [Google]
nowater.png
261 KB, 362x312
>>63172424
speaking of jesus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
>>
>>63172925
So strange to watch a clip where both actors are dead from suicide. Ive actually done this scene in class, played both sides, i found 'Mitch' to be more rewarding.
>>
>>63173122

but that's the point

he is the more socially accepted character

but the lesser talented and gifted
>>
>>63173023
I remember that scene, but holy shit I hate having a third world tier internet connection. I focused entirely on the loading bar instead of the actual presentation. I miss the days when video sites would allow you to buffer the entire video rather than forcibly serving it to you piecemeal to prevent you from keeping it, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, I didn't watch the embed because my internet connection isn't robust enough to allow for a good experience, but I got the gist of your response because I've seen Ben-Hur before. Later dude.
>>
>>63173210
100% agree. What ended up happening to the real Patch? I can't be fucked looking that shit up. The film takes a lot of liberties with the real story but again, much like braveheart the real story wasn't as emotionally rewarding. I actually re-watched both Patch and Braveheart recently, still great. They book ended Meet Joe Black. I know a lot of people hate that film but i love the shit out of it.
>>
>>63173358

he has /had his hospital

very successful

been it's been a while since i looked

love joe black..esp soundtrack
>>
>>63173491
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdqId8KhGXM

Thomas Newman, fucking beautiful soundtrack.
>>
the end of Captain Phillips. I can't remember the last time I was so struck by an actor's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMDdT24_98
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.