[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hollywood Diversity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9
File: 1381135364335.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1381135364335.gif
2 MB, 316x213
Does Jewish nepotism exist in Hollywood?

Do Jewish people find more work in Hollywood because they go to the same synagogues as other members of the industry?

Do non-Jewish actors and actresses get passed for roles up because they do not run in Jewish social circles?

Does the ongoing push for diversity in Hollywood include more representation from non-Jewish people?

Looking for knowledge/discussion here.
>>
Goyim should be banned from Hollywood t͏bh
>>
>>63167965
Hollywood is a business.

America has more than white people living in it.

Hollywood want more money because they are a business so they try to appeal to more groups.

That's literally it, the /poltards vs dykes is literally the sprinkles to the topic.
>>
>>63167965
It's more like you'll network at the local AA and NA meetings.
>>
>>63167965
Leaked SONY e-mail to Amy Pascal
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/67873
>>
>>63167965
>fuck yes

>yes

>yes

>no
>>
>>63168041
So they are appealing to minorities because they are a growing demographic, this I understand. Asians and Indians do not have as strong of a presence in the US so Blacks and Hispanics are represented more. But why are Jewish people so involved when they aren't portraying themselves as Jewish? Are they exempt from the growing diversity trend? Then why are they so prevalent in Hollywood? Or are they not?
>>
>>63167965
>Does Jewish nepotism exist in Hollywood?
No, as God's chosen people, they're just naturally more talented.

/thread
>>
>>63168351
>No, as God's chosen people, they're just naturally more talented.

Do Jewish people really believe this? Is this a reason to shut out non-Jewish people from Hollywood?
>>
>>63168478
>Is this a reason to shut out non-Jewish people from Hollywood?
Non-Jews aren't shut out. It's just that Jews tend get the jobs, because they're more talented. The same reason they're almost always at the pinnacle of nearly every other field.
>>
>>63167965
Hollywood is pretty nepotistic regardless of religion

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000578237/?start=101&view=detail&sort=listorian:asc

tl;dr it's hard to find an actor/actress that isn't the child/relative of a director/producer/actor/cinematographer/playwrights etc.

And since there's generally more Jews per capita in the movie industry this nepotism has a cumulative effect
>>
i dunno, does jewish nepotism exist in the nobel prizes?

jews are just naturally more gifted when it comes to the arts, science, politics and pretty much everything worth while
>>
File: Media-Ownership-Jewish.png (258 KB, 2092x1270) Image search: [Google]
Media-Ownership-Jewish.png
258 KB, 2092x1270
Nah. That sounds pretty anti-semitic, to be perfectly honest.
>>
File: dean.gif (614 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
dean.gif
614 KB, 206x206
>>63167965
No of course not. Everyone in Hollywood is there because of their talent and hard work
>>
File: nobel prize.jpg (100 KB, 569x721) Image search: [Google]
nobel prize.jpg
100 KB, 569x721
>>63168478
>Do Jewish people really believe this?

Jews have the highest iq of any race, they are god's chosen
>>
>>63169155
>does nepotism exist in the nobel prizes?

Many recent Nobel Prize winners have worked/studied under former Nobel Prize winners (in the sciences) - implying they've either got an extremely good eye for talent, or that there's some sort of nepotism going on
>>
>>63169368
>nobel prizes
>relevant
>not a dirt den of nepotism

What's the last nobel prize winners that contributed to anything? I study economy and none of the Jews who won economy in recent years have been relevant
>>
>>63169503
>i took an economics class in hs
>i don't understand the work of people smarter than me, so obviously it's not relevant

Whether, you want to admit it or not, these people are hugely influential in their fields.
>>
>>63169368
Can the goyim even compete?
>>
>>63169503
Jews still won 25 percent of turing awards, 50 percent of global chess tournaments. 27 percent of ivy league students, 30 percent of westinghouse science prizes, and 30 percent of oscar winning directors

its funny /pol/ can show IQ graphs and statistic showing white people being smarter than blacks but will not admit that Jews are noticeable smarter than average whites and think its nepotism or jewish conspiracy
>>
>>63169454
Well, I'd imagine that the smartest people work for the smartest institutions, where they're bound to rub shoulders with other smart people.
>>
Does a bear shit in the woods?

>Do Jewish people find more work in Hollywood because they go to the same synagogues as other members of the industry?
I don't know about finding more work, but they definitely have a way, way easier time breaking in. TYPICAL white non-Jew actors start from the bottom as a non-union extra and doing student films, until one day luck smiles on them and a director decides to pay a fee to cast them in his movie after which they are allowed to join the SAG. Typical Jew actor tells his dad he wants to get into acting, his dad puts in a phonecall to his buddy Morty Goldwein at whatever studio, and three weeks later the Jew actor is on set.

>Do non-Jewish actors and actresses get passed for roles up because they do not run in Jewish social circles?
No doubt it happens, but probably not as often as one would think. See above.

>Does the ongoing push for diversity in Hollywood include more representation from non-Jewish people?
No because in the American consciousness Jews are already white. It means more "representation" for colored actors, namely blacks.
>>
Nepotism exists in all fields of work. It isn't coincidence that George H. W. Bush has too sons that are also politicians. Lots of people follow the careers of a parent, because they grow up in an environment that is directly influenced by that type of work. Just accept that Jews run Hollywood better than any other race/religion. Who can out do them?
>>
>>63169756
Whites are not a single race, like Jews...You have slavs, anglos, irish, which are completely different, you have several different racial phenotypes in norway native population alone.

You can't compare it just like that against only European ashkenasi jews.

And yes, there's plenty of nepotism in Hollywood and Ivy League schools, Jewish Americans are outscored by white Americans but get in more easily because of nepotism
>>
>>63168268
Because Americans don't go see movies about jewish shit but they're not racist enough to hate a movie because there's jews in it.
>>
>>63170031
>Jewish Americans are outscored by white Americans but get in more easily because of nepotism
Kek, this is a blatant lie.
>>
>>63170031
>Jewish Americans are outscored by white Americans but get in more easily
source?

generally it goes

Jews > Asians > Whites
>>
Let's be honest, if hollywood was controlled by whites in the exact same manner you faggots would be like GOOD!

You guys can dish it but can't take it
>>
>>63170111

There is a simple and elegant way to determine the best performing students. It is called Phi Beta Kappa, the premier honors society of academic excellence in America.
Phi Beta Kappa recipients at Harvard make up about the top ten percent of students. It is based on an extremely high grade point average of 3.75 (out of 4) and a rigorous Arts and Sciences curriculum, the inclusion of advanced math classes and foreign language proficiency.

As pointed out previously, European American students are markedly outnumbered by Jewish students at Harvard. European-Americans are just 20 percent of the Harvard students as compared to Jews, who are 25 percent.
The numerical disadvantage to European Americans is like a basketball team limited to 4 players which must compete against a Jewish team with 5 players.
Yet, what percentage of total Phi Beta Kappa recipients at Harvard are European Americans, and what percentage are Jews?
Jews — 11 percent
European Americans — 54 percent
Asian Americans — 35 percent
Jews greatly outnumber European Americans at Harvard, but are only 11 percent of Phi Beta Kappa achievers. (4)
>>
>>63170302
Phi Beta Kappa is not the only honor society is the US. Even if it was, membership doesn't necessarily imply intelligence -- only high GPA.
>>
>>63170302
>copy and paste that into google
>davidduke.com

nice dude
>>
>>63170302
>There is a simple and elegant way to determine the best performing students. It is called Phi Beta Kappa,
Why don't you look at the number of student who graduate summa cum laude if you're looking at GPA?
>>
>>63170462
>overrepresented to the point they outnumber whites
>underrepresented in most gifted students

Sure smells like nepotism

>>63170478
>muh genetic fallacy :^)

Jew on friendo
>>
>>63167965
Yes.
>Do Jewish people find more work in Hollywood because they go to the same synagogues as other members of the industry?
No, the synagogues don't matter. They know eachother from stereotyped features, last names, dialect etc.
>Do non-Jewish actors and actresses get passed for roles up
Yes, but it cuts all ways. Jews can also get passed over for certain roles for being "too Jewish". Hollywood is allowed to ask for specific race/age/gender for its roles while pretty much every other industry can't.
>because they do not run in Jewish social circles?
See above, it's not about being plugged into a formal network, they're just looking out for eachother.
>Does the ongoing push for diversity in Hollywood include more representation from non-Jewish people?
Not explicitly, no.
>>
>>63169503
>Nobel Prizes are the result of nepotism
You're right, I forgot how the Swedish Academy of Sciences is filled with Jews
>>
>>63170585
>underrepresented in most gifted students
But they're not though. Jews score higher on IQ tests than any other group, which explains why they'd be over represented in academia.
>>
>>63169454
>implying they've either got an extremely good eye for talent, or that there's some sort of nepotism going on
You're joking right? Nobel Prizes aren't selected by previous Nobel Laureates.
>>
Bruh they founded Hollywood, how do you not know this?
>>
File: cheese.jpg (285 KB, 1100x1600) Image search: [Google]
cheese.jpg
285 KB, 1100x1600
>>63168017
This
>>
If there is so much jewish nepotism, why wasn't I selected at any of my auditions?

/pol/ was wrong again
>>
>>63170745
>just gonna ignore the actual results and accomplishments and continue to cite some fradulent IQ scores.

Israel has lower IQ than most countries
>>
>>63170972
It doesn't work if you just tell em you're jewish

Usually jewish nepotism at ivy league or hollywood works like this

You go to temple, your family has connection with another person who might be a politician, someone important in Hollywood

They call up the director or Ivy League admission board and put in a good word
>>
>>63170998
>the actual results and accomplishments
Did you know that the guy that Duke cited admits that the data he collected is flawed because he sorted people into Jew, gentile and Asian based on their surname? That's why he didn't include blacks.
>>
>>63170998
>Phi Beta Kappa membership
>real accomplishment
kek

>Israel has lower IQ than most countries
Ashkenazi Jews, bro
>>
>>63170998
>winning the Nobel Prize
>winning the Fields Medal
>winning a chess world championship
>not a real accomplishment

>Phi Beta Kappa membership
>real accomplishment
>>
>>63170998
Israel is only about 75% Jewish.
>>
>>63171125
>>winning the Nobel Prize
>>winning the Fields Medal
>>winning a chess world championship
Those are all the result of nepotism.
>>
>>63171166
What country is 100% white?

What about if we take all the long-skull types from Norway, will that work?
>>
>>63171233
>What country is 100% white?
Argentina
>>
>>63171184
>but getting into Phi Beta Kappa... that's when you know you've really made it.
>>
>>63171184
No, they are a result of years of hard work and original groundbreaking research.

A retarded women's studies major can get into Phi Beta Kappa as long as they keep a decent GPA.
>>
>>63167965
As a talent agent from one of the big talent agencies once told me, you CAN make it in Hollywood with networking and hard work, but it's much easier to be part of one of the two "mafias" that run Hollywood

One of them is the gay mafia, it's much easier dedicating your life to your work when you have no children and just rotate younger boyfriends every month

The other mafia is the Jewish mafia, because Jews are as nepotistic as /pol/ says they are, and they don't really like to bringing in non-Jews to work with them

Yes, there are white Christian males and females in Hollywood, but they're about 1/3 of Hollywood, there's another 1/3 of gays, and the final 1/3 is Jews
>>
>>63171273
>>63171344
Hello Chaim
>>
File: laughing_kikes.jpg (171 KB, 706x677) Image search: [Google]
laughing_kikes.jpg
171 KB, 706x677
>>63171346
>implying anyone in Hollywood is Christian
>>
>>63171365
what a well-reasoned argument
>>
>>63171445
Back to reddit, Shekelberg
>>
>>63171480

no u
>>
>>63171406
You seriously think every last person with a job in Hollywood is Jews, gays, and atheists?
>>
>>63171582
You seriously think people in the entertainment industry are religious?
>>
>>63171608
A handful are, discreetly. Many are "spiritual" in >>>/x/ ways.
>>
>>63171582

I'm not the dude you're replying to but in America at least it's widely believed that a huge percentage of men in Hollywood are gay, way way more than are actually "out."

I signed on for acting classes and when I told my parents they straight up asked me if I was gay.
>>
>>63167965
Yes to everything except actors
>>
File: From_Hell_4-36-7_8.png (101 KB, 383x274) Image search: [Google]
From_Hell_4-36-7_8.png
101 KB, 383x274
>>63171582
>>63171608
I'm sure some of them are very religious.
>>
>>63171663
lmao fag
>>
OP, there are several types of Jews, but I'll focus on the two big groups that you're thinking of:

>The ones from the Middle East

These ones are what you'd expect from people living in the Middle-East. They look more Semeitic. They have a poor infrastructure. They don't mind farming.

>The "elite" Jews

These Jews look more European. There's an old saying that goes like, "I've never seen a Jew do manual labor." This is the type of Jew that quote is talking about

Now, does nepotism exist in the Nobel Prize? Yes. Last year,they gave the "Peace" prize to a girl who did nothing but got shot in the head. That's pretty horrible. But why? Well, it would make the Noble committee look great, give it some good publicity, and that's really it. Give the girl her medal for being shot and hope other people see what a nice girl she is so they won't shoot any more girls. That's a good message. But did she really *do* anything? No

>why do Jews have so many Nobel prizes?

For one, Jews are spread out in every country; they aren't divided like Swiss, Germans, French, etc. if you just had one category called "European winners" then it would also appear larger. Secondly, people felt sorry for them after WW2. However, there were still Nobel prize winning Jews before WW2. They were pretty smart. This goes back to doing no labour, which means no dying in wars like many young men who could have grown up to do what the Jews did. Also, it's easy to lump Jews together again in this scenario. If you lump Jews together, you may as well lump Christians together, and then you'll see how massive their contributions are in Nobel prizes. Lastly, Jews also get more attention and special treatment, because of WW2

>what about Hollywood

Yes, it's obvious. They cast a mediocre actor all the time just because he's Jewish. Seth Rogen for example
>>
>>63167965
Yes.
>>
>>63171233
And that 75% includes Arab Jews and African Jews. Altogether there is maybe half Ashkenazi Jews. Israel's IQ is low because of shit skins. If it was all white Jews their IQ would be massive.
>>
>any war in the past 300 years
>the rest (besides the elite) live in poverty
>all the young men go out fighting
>Jews stay inside and paint pictures and count money

"Guys look at how many Jewish Nobel prize winners there are? Lol why are there so many of us? Why can't you be like us?"

>Israel in 2015
>hit by rockets everyday
>young men out fighting
>point out that it has a low IQ
>Jews don't get to stay inside and paint and count money all day

"NUH UH! They aren't really Jewish! You gotta only count the white Jews! That's not fair"
>>
>>63171917
>Now, does nepotism exist in the Nobel Prize? Yes. Last year,they gave the "Peace" prize to a girl who did nothing but got shot in the head. That's pretty horrible. But why? Well, it would make the Noble committee look great, give it some good publicity, and that's really it. Give the girl her medal for being shot and hope other people see what a nice girl she is so they won't shoot any more girls. That's a good message. But did she really *do* anything? No
How is this nepotism?
>>
>>63171346
>gay mafia

Ok get out Crowder
>>
>>63172316
The right word would be just general favoritism

Her getting shot in the head was horrible, yeah, but she didn't really do anything. The Nobel Committee had an agenda, they wanted to give it to the girl to boost her self-esteem, so that....? Then it gets murky. She can't really do anything. The only power she has is in her Nobel Prize. People will listen to her now. "Why should we listen to a girl? Well, she has a Nobel Prize of course!" It's great advertisement for Nobel

Hopefully she can convince people to stop shooting people in the face
>>
>>63171917
>Seth Rogen
Then how come his movies are so succesfull?
>>
>>63168125
They wanted to tear down the old boys club (white christian men) so they could build their own secret clubs.
>>
>>63172440
>for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education
>>
>>63172440
The Peace Prize has always had an agenda you dolt, it's just the nature of awarding political and social activists. Fucking Kissinger and Obama have won it.
>>
>>63167965

Yes. It's usually not "I'm gonna hire you because you're Jewish", but instead a matter of social circles. Jewish people mostly have Jewish relatives and sometimes friends, and so Jewish people are more likely to no somebody n Hollywood.

I doubt it. Most Jewish people in Hollywood are very, very secular. Although I'm sure there are a few LA Synagogues filled with stars.

>Do non-Jewish actors and actresses get passed for roles up because they do not run in Jewish social circles?

Not often, unless it's a Mel Gibson scenario.

Absolutely.
>>
>>63172440
>jews have over 9000 scientific nobel prizes
>he talks about their 3 peace prizes
FORCED
>>
>>63168478
>Do Jewish people really believe this?
no

t. jew
>>
>>63172452
They aren't soley because of him. University Theatre majors are as good as actors as Seth Rogen -- that's his level of talent. Much like how Taylor Swift isn't the best singer in the world. She's a good singer, but there are unknown singers out there who are better. There are millions of Susan Boyles out there.

The only difference is that audiences are comfortable seeing Seth or Taylor's face. In that sense, the actors being a "brand name" instead of just "actor".

Seth Rogen is a brand name.

If Hollywood executives likes you enough (being Jewish helps), and they think you can sell a lot of brand name products, then they will hire you.

There is more that goes on in Hollywood meeting rooms than just, "Is this guy a good actor?" Hollywood executives are also thinking, "can I plaster this guy's face everywhere? Even on perfume bottles? Talk shows? How much money can I get from this guy?"

>>63172498
Exactly
>>
>>63172622
How come Seth Rogen (jewish) movies made way more money than Justin Long (christian)?

Do goyim audiences prefer Jews?
>>
>>63167965
Yes.
No, most LA Jews don't go to synagoges.
Yes, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to not realize you need Jewish friends.
There is no real push for diversity, it is overblown on 4chan. For every movie with a minority cast there are ten more with a bunch white/jewish people.

Source for all this: Jewish
caveat: I'm from New Jersey so what do I know
>>
>>63172734
How come Leo Di Caprio (Christian) movies make more money than Seth Rogen (Jewish) movies?
>>
>>63172825
Shitty answer. They aren't the same typecast.
>>
>>63172825
How come Adam Sandler (jewish) movies made way more money than Leonardo DiCaproo (christian)?

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-comedians/adam-sandler-net-worth/
>>
>>63173021
How come Tom Cruise (Scientologist) is worth more than either of them?
>>
>>63173177
Because he is older, hence had more active years in Hollywood and more movies in those years.
>>
>>63173306
He's only a few years older than Sandler and Sandler has done more movies.

I think I might be onto something here.
>>
An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood is a non-fiction book whose topic is the careers of several prominent Jewish film producers in the early years of Hollywood.

In Hollywood, these producers were able to run their own industry, assimilate into the American mainstream, and produce movies that fulfilled their vision of the American Dream.
The book also explains that the business background of the Hollywood Jews in theatre-ownership, retail distribution, and the garment industry shaped the approach these studio owners took to crafting movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpfMW-rVBsQ

The book was adapted into a documentary film in 1998, a decade after the book was published. The movie has two titles: Hollywoodism: Jews, Movies and the American Dream (original title for A&E) and Hollywood: An Empire of Their Own (title for video/DVD). The documentary won an award for Best Jewish Experience Documentary at the 1998 Jerusalem Film Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Q6fT5EHSw
>>
File: 1434039778598.jpg (1 MB, 1312x1748) Image search: [Google]
1434039778598.jpg
1 MB, 1312x1748
How do we stop Jewish nepotism, /tv/?
>>
>>63173623
>implying i want it to stop

All I want is a qt Jewess for myself desu.
>>
>>63173623
>eva green
>buffy and her friend
>that 70s show girls
Any proofs for them being Jewish?
>>
>>63174554
Sorry, my Google is broken.
>>
>>63173021
Jews have been the top earners in the world for ages, why do you think people hate them so much. They are jelly as fuck. Jews are about around 0.2% of the world population. Yet they're like 10% of the richest people on earth
>>
>>63174618
What do you mean?
>>
>>63175541
I can't access Google.
>>
>>63175568
just admit they aren't jewish
>>
>>63175729
they aren't
>>
>>63171917
>if you just had one category called "European winners" then it would also appear larger.
Yes, also because there are 500 million Europeans and 10 million Jews.
>>
>>63175729
Are you unable to use wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Green
>Green is Jewish,[6][7] as is her mother (of Sephardi Jewish heritage).[8][9][10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Michelle_Gellar
>Both of her parents were Jewish
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.