[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
now that the dust has settled, was it really that bad?
>>
>>63163258
YES
E
S
>>
File: ffbomb.jpg (674 KB, 960x896) Image search: [Google]
ffbomb.jpg
674 KB, 960x896
>>
>>63163258
Too soon OP, you must ask this question

>One Year Later
>>
File: 1438903221254.png (429 KB, 848x935) Image search: [Google]
1438903221254.png
429 KB, 848x935
>>
Bad source material turned into worse movies
>>
"it dosen't matter, people will still pay to see it"
>>
File: Untitled.png (29 KB, 685x406) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
29 KB, 685x406
It made money before DVD/Blu-ray sales
>>
>>63163258
is this the end of miles teller carreer?
>>
>>63164710
>33.4%

kek

>>63164758
Nah, he's going to be okay.
>>
>>63163258

It was okay. I've seen worse.
>>
>>63164607

>Based Roger Corman
>>
>>63164710
NO. it didn't. Less than half of that went to the studio.

And there are also unreported 10's of millions added to the budget thanks to re-shoots (the 3d was also cancelled because of this). And this doesn't add the advertising budget.

In the end FOX lost around 100 million.
>>
>>63163258
I know this is a piss take thread but I still enjoyed aspects of Doom, and it had moments where it felt pretty good but by the time it started to pick up it was over and 2 hours had gone by.

It never left phase 1.
>>
>>63164710
Theaters take a substantial cut from ticket sales and in the case of Fantastic 4 there was also millions spent on extensive reshoots that ballooned the budget even higher than it was originally. In the end it was a total flop and lost at least $80 million.
>>
>>63164607
>Roger Corman to this date has still made the best F4 movie

What a world we live in
>>
>>63164989

>And there are also unreported 10's of millions added to the budget thanks to re-shoots

That's included in the $120 million figure, it was originally $100 million
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.