[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did /tv/ honestly think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg (261 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg
261 KB, 658x370
what did /tv/ honestly think of this?
>>
>>63161560

It's not the abortion everyone says it is. Shia was indeed shit though, Tom of finland looking motherfucker
>>
>>63161560
labiouf/10
>>
>>63161583
Yes it is you contrarian underage faggot. Shia is no worse than the rest of the cast, stop falling for memes. The movie is terrible as a whole, Spielberg admitted it.
>>
shia lahack
>>
Patrician/10
>>
>>63161670

>Yes it is you contrarian underage faggot.

Projecting much, nigger?

>Shia is no worse than the rest of the cast, stop falling for memes.

>DUDE I RENTED OUT A THEATER TO WATCH MOVIES WATCH MY LIVESTREAM LMAO

Sorry you worship a tryhard manlet.
>>
>>63161675
Whats wrong with him? He was pretty good, considering the material he had to work with
>>
>>63161728
2bh he didnt fit the Indy role at all, he was exactly like he was in transformers, an overreacting teenager.
>>
It was a big disappointment. The story is much weaker than the other films in the series, it's way more cartoony, and Ford didn't seem like he cared very much.The genre shift was also pretty jarring. Say what you want about the prequels sucking, at least they were still space operas.

It honestly didn't even feel like an Indiana Jones movie to me.
>>
>>63161711
Holy shit you're fucking reddit. I guess you thought the corny-as-fuck Russian accent that Galadriel had was better than Shia's acting.
>DUDE EPIC JEWTUBE SPOOF SHIA A HACK
fuck off
>>
>>63161794
so supernatural stuff are more realistic than aliens?
>>
>>63161844
Not him but you're a dumb shit
>>
I went to see this with my dad and he literally walked out soon as the aliens showed up with like 10 min to go lol
>>
>>63161844
Realism has nothing to do with it. The first three movies were all based on religious-themed fantasy that had roots in actual mythology. Aliens are scifi. At best, they could have thought it would work because of the new age crystal skull stuff that was a fad for a while, but there's no mythological backing for that stuff at all.

So, the series went from being based on religious mythology to sci-fi that was influenced by pseudoscience and new age religion. It's a big shift.
>>
>>63161560
Parttime/10
>>
>>63161560
At first viewing I didn't like it, it was very silly and I though it was much worse than the original Indiana Jones

But then I rewatched the original movies without the nostalgia blurring my opinion and rewatched the new movie free from the meme tha "George is a hack lol" and I think it's an absolutely fine and entertaining movie

I still think it's worse than the original films but it's nice campy fun and there is nothing seriously wrong with it and it's not as bad as people make it out to be

Also I bet that everything wrong with this movie is Spielberg's fault and not George's
>>
Not as bad as the prequels. It had some redeeming elements but a shitton of flaws.

I think the biggest problem is it mixes too much shit together. Too many characters, too many settings, too many themes, etc. Really, what purpose did the Australian "I'm gonna betray you every five minutes" guy serve? What purpose did Marion serve?

Also Harrison Ford is a soulless husk of an actor, all the joy he used to put into his roles is long gone.
>>
It's the worst Indiana Jones movie.

inb4 >temple of doom
fuck yourselves
>>
Did a rewatch of the films just last week and I legitimately think I like Crystal Skull a lot more than Last Crusade, which really astounded me because I loved Last Crusade growing up.
>>
>>63162541
Leave and never come back
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.