[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: it's such a beautiful day.jpg (21 KB, 284x405) Image search: [Google]
it's such a beautiful day.jpg
21 KB, 284x405
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
An interesting premise and story ruined by an unbearable voiceover.
>>
>>63156526
one of the best animations ever.

by the way the ending section is a deconstructive audience wish-fulfillment fantasy, "we don't want Bill to die" exaggerated to the point of absurdity.

the point of the film is that the meaning of life is in the series of moments not any overarching narrative.

now rewatch it
>>
>>63156605
I understood the message, but it seemed (and sounded >>63156567) like a 16 year old faggot who just watched 2001
>>
Tuesday's coming, did you bring your coat
>>
>>63156526
exastentail memes and reddit nerd humor
>>
>>63156605
You could also interpret the ending section as Bill in denial about his own mortality. Thinking that there's no possible way he could die and just imagining how he'll live forever. In the last few seconds when the lights of the stars go out is when Bill finally drifts into death. Still lying in that grassy field
>>
An animated story about a person with an unspecified mental illness going through an existential crises
>>
>>63156755
I interpreted it as a "one mind" thing where consciousness is greater than mortal coils

I'm probably looking too much into it because it was inevitably made by a redditard atheist

>>63156799
I understood the bit about the mental illness, but the symptoms seemed to be caused by the medicine more than the disease itself unless it was a brain tumor or something
>>
>>63156526
A terrible film.
>>
>>63157023
can agree with that. someone posted it as their favorite film in an OP yesterday so I thought I'd give it ago but I really regret it.

Stylistically it's pretty nice, but the narrator choice was abysmal and it didn't really have any sort of clear message other than "look how wacky this shit is!"
>>
>>63156526
A youtube video that went on about 50 minutes too long
>>
>>63157079
>look how wacky this shit is!
It was hardly a lolsorandum comedy. The humor pretty much dies past the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>63157182
This was his uncle... he died by a train XD
This was his grandpa... he died by a train XD
There's a fish on his head... or was there XD
His brother was a retard... who died by a train XD
>>
>>63157849
That stuff didn't actually happen, he was schizophrenic or something so he made up these crazy stories in his mind
>>
>>63157915
How is depicting schizophrenic thoughts different than wacky/lolsorandum
>>
>>63157023
>>63157079
>>63157849
Not sure if bait or just people under 18
>>
>>63157849
I fucking hate this community so much
>>
>>63158073
I'm 26 with a degree in psychology. It was stupid and a classic example of style over substance
>>
>>63158052
Because being a schizophrenic is different from being a 14yr old scene girl
>>
>>63158440
the film's depiction of schizophrenia wasn't.

besides, a tumor would more likely explain his symptoms
>>
>>63158610
Well, I haven't watched this movie at all
I just popped into this thread and was lurking
>>
>>63158683
the film is a neckbeard nasally reading his masturbatory idea of what the meaning of life is atop a stick-figure animation intertwined with some blurry, artsy photographs

I'm really surprised so many people like it. It's an hour and worth checking out I'd say, but it seems to be very polarizing
>>
>>63158236
I have a degree in philosophy and I minored in women's studies my friend, I have you outranked.
>>
>>63158236
>degree in psychology
When I see you at work I'll be sure to ask for large fries
>>
>>63156526
>What the fuck did I just watch?

one of the most shilled pieces of shit on /tv/
>>
>>63159318
>>63159404
just saying I know what schizophrenia looks like and what this film showed isn't it. also I double majored in both psychology and YOUR MOM LOL
>>
>>63159458
>YOUR MOM LOL
Now we have written proof you aren't as old as you claim
>>
Am I the only one who dosen't like Rejected?
>>
I had it on in the background while I was coming down from an acid trip. Even then I didn't like it.
>>
>>63159521
nah I really am 26. i just agree with you that psychology is a worthless degree

>>63159707
god that sounds like a nightmare
>>
>>63159431
That's not Red Letter Memeia.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.