[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watched Childrend of Men with my sister and she found it "sexist"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Children-of-Men-2006-poster.jpg (108 KB, 520x724) Image search: [Google]
Children-of-Men-2006-poster.jpg
108 KB, 520x724
Watched Childrend of Men with my sister and she found it "sexist" because it's implyed that men are still fertile.

According to her, or everyone should be unfertile or only men, "since it wouldn't put an opressed group in an even lower level".

Do you agree? Is it sexist?
>>
It's shit
>>
>>63154550
>Do you agree? Is it sexist?

I have no idea why you're even asking this on 4chan.
>>
>>63154550

You should oppress your benis into her sexist whatever
>>
>>63154550
did it imply that? I've seen it recenly and haven't caught it. it must've been pretty subtle or just pulled right out of you're sisters hairy fat white ass
>>
>>63154613
To see some opinios and share my butthurt desu
>>
>>63154550
i'm on a borrowed computer so i don't have any vectorized fish pngs but this is a good dumb post to guarantee you some hostile replies
>>
File: 1447306840845.jpg (40 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1447306840845.jpg
40 KB, 300x364
>>63154550
One of my favourite movies tb h senpai
>sexist
Anyone who thinks like your sister is delusional and their opinions shouldn't be taken seriously
>>
I'm pretty sure that if this scenario happened irl any and all scientists on the face of the planet would focus their research on fixing the fertility problem even if it means growing fetuses in vats.

Given that there would be only one generation of humans before total extinction that gives humanity 40-50 years to figure out a solution. In 40-50 years they'd come up with something.
>>
>>63154550
Spy on her nude and post pics, that will show the cunt whos in charge.
>>
In the book the men were infertile

also your sister is a complete moron
>>
>>63154550
Why do the works of others have to cater to the retarded beliefs of some bimbo?

Put yourself in her head and think about what's she's saying: "Why doesn't this movie that was already made have A or B?"

It's a childish question.
>>
>>63154573
You unfortunate soul.
>>
>>63154550
I don't even remember if they mention which group is infertile

Also, is she implying that people who are infertile are in some way inferior?
>>
Does she find biology sexist because women are only fertile for approximately 40% of their lives but men can basically inseminate from puberty to the day they die?
>>
>>63154964
They don't, and it doesn't matter. It's best to just think that both sexes are infertile.

The origin doesn't matter either, what matters is that it happened.
>>
>>63154550
No, your sister is fucking retarded
>>
>>63154964
>is she implying that people who are infertile are in some way inferior?
yeah, ask her this, OP, she'll be rekt
>>
>>63154964
>>63155094
Will do it.
>>
OP here.
She said they "it destroyed one of the most important features that a woman have: breeding. Than I asked her why she thinks abortion should be legalized (its not where I live) and she said she's not on the mood to discuss.
>>
>>63155392
>han I asked her why she thinks abortion should be legalized (its not where I live) and she said she's not on the mood to discuss.

She should go into politics.
>>
>>63155392
>its not where I live
Are you from Syria or something?
>>
>>63154550
Children of IMDb its every 16 year old reddit filmbuff getting into non-capeshit cinema favorite flick. It is a bad imitation of a videogame.
>>
>>63154778
I also got the vibe that the man are infertile in the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 533x533
>>63154550
Everyone is going to die within like 60 years and she's focusing on who's infertile. I think that's almost part of the theme, we're all on the same sinking ship and everyone's imaginary division points don't mean anything anymore. It literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>63155392
The right answer for her was that abortion is an individual choice and (I'm assuming, haven't seen it) its forced on them in Children of Men
>>
It doesn't matter when the end result is NO BABIES either way

Like, if women were infertile and so the men just said "well then I'll have babies with other men" and all the men start having babies while the women watch on and suffer, sure, maybe there's something to be said about that, but biology doesn't work that way
>>
>>63155559
Probably Ireland
>>
>>63154550
I don't agree, but that's an interesting view your sister has
>>
>>63155559
>>63155635
Brazil.
>>
>>63154809
millennials, dude....
>>
>>63155392
#blocked
>>
>>63154964
>>63155044
From IMDb:
In 2027, in a chaotic world in which women have become somehow infertile, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea.
>>
The infertility in Children of Men isn't meant to be by anyone's design. If there's an architect of it all then you can say it's his views that are bad, but then why does that matter? He's meant to be bad. Likewise, the infertility is caused by no one, so why does that matter? It's meant to be a bad thing. We don't need equal opportunities villains and or hardships when a) they're supposed to be bad and b) the problem fucks all of us over anyway.
>>
>>63154550
I should fuck your sister and knock her up.
>>
File: 1448764389409.gif (1012 KB, 245x258) Image search: [Google]
1448764389409.gif
1012 KB, 245x258
>>63154550
>protecting a women from the evils of man
>sexist
>>
>>63154550
>According to her, or everyone should be unfertile or only men, "since it wouldn't put an opressed group in an even lower level".

The film makes zero sense unless it's just women that are infertile.

If both genders are infertile then the chance of two people being resistant to the disease and randomly having sex is astronomically low.

If just men are infertile than it's much less of an issue because sperm banks exist and if they did find a guy who could impregnate women then they wouldn't rush him to safety they would just keep him in one place and bring women to him and have him impregnate him.

With women being infertile the stakes are so much higher because when they've found a woman who can conceive she's they're only chance of survival and they need to get her to a place where they can keep her safe and figure out why she is immune.
>>
>>63155392
Congratulations, you've won the argument and exposed her as a sexist herself- "women are for breeding"... good going, Germaine Greer.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.