[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy, oppressive movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I really like horror movies. Not in the sense of feeling actually scared or getting a rush from seeing a big bad monster, but rather for the dark and lonely atmosphere that they create. Particularly ones that don't try and make you feel sad for the victims, or rely on cliches like cars not starting, trip-happy forests, etc.

Can I get any recommendations from you guys? Examples of what I mean include:

American Psycho
Cube
The Blair Witch Project
Funny Games
etc.
>>
File: soannoying.jpg (342 KB, 1194x511) Image search: [Google]
soannoying.jpg
342 KB, 1194x511
Ravenous has great atmosphere. It's one of my favorites.
>>
Eraserhead
>>
>>63154158

Never heard of it, I'll give it a shot tonight

>>63154217

Awesome movie, although I don't know if I would describe it as horror seeing as how there are 1 or 2 parts that always make me laugh my ass off.

>OKAAYYYYY PAULLLLL!
>>
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NrpAyb438Sc
>>
>>63154358

Isn't Twin Peaks a TV series? Will I need to know any of the characters in order to watch this? I really like Lynch's style, the last movie of his I watched was Mullholland Drive but I didn't end up watching the whole thing because I just genuinely had no idea what was going on (moreso even than Eraserhead)
>>
>>63154479
the problem with FWWM is that you really can't watch it without seeing the TV series first. otherwise it spoils the main plot point of the first season and a half.

anyway for me one of the most oppressive-feeling films ever, despite it being a pretty obvious choice, is The Exorcist. The Vanishing (1988 version only) is also some really hopeless shit.
>>
>>63154558
This is false. You don't need to see the TV series first. Fire Walk with Me stands on its own as a horror film. In fact, you're probably better off having never seen the show before you see the movie.
>>
Videodrome.

Creepy and oppressive. Also very prescient.
>>
Noroi: The curse
>>
You'll probably like Eden Lake, OP.
>>
>>63154479
No, it works as a standalone film. Actually, fans of the show were angry at Lynch because they were expecting a continuation of the series. What they got, instead, was a horror movie.
>>
>>63154661

I was actually trying to remember the title of this very film and stressing out about it aha, thanks.

>>63154772
>>63154854

thanks guise
>>
Drive,
Nightcrawler

I mean the list could go on and on...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.